Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Macworld Mobile to Focus on Apple iDevices

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Macworld Mobile to Focus on Apple iDevices

Get ready for Macworld Mobile, a first-of-its kind event to be held next February (14-17) in Barcelona, Spain in conjunction with the Mobile World Congress - the "biggest mobile trade show" on earth. As you can imagine, the new mobile-centric event will be highly focused on all things mobile, but especially the iPhone, iPod, iPad, and the devs who make cool applications for all of our iDevices.

At Mobile World Congress 2011, the GSMA is partnering with IDG World Expo, organizers of Macworld - an event with which we're all familiar - to produce this so-called "Macworld Mobile," which organizers are calling "a mobile developer event for the Apple iPhone and iPad platforms." On tap for the the Macworld Mobile iOS Developer Conference are full-day, in-depth training sessions on this "critical platform," with technical workshops, targeting tools and applications specifically designed for mobile application developers and engineers. According to Mary Dolaher, chief executive officer of IDG World Expo, "At Mobile World Congress, we will help international iOS developers to strengthen their skills, as well as facilitate connections with other developers and the worldwide audience of mobile decision makers who attend."

At this time, there's no clear indication if Apple will actually participate, as the suits who don't wear suits in Cupertino have grown fond of altogether ignoring any Apple-related conference or event that isn't directly sponsored or organized by Apple. For now, GSMA has only announced that the CEOs of America Movil, HTC, Vodafone and WPP will be among the industry leaders delivering keynote presentations at Mobile World Congress.

GSMA
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 09-07-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems odd to hold a conference like this in Europe when the US is currently the largest user of smart mobile devices.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

Barcelona, Span huh? I agree, why international? Maybe it's a branding thing that they feel needs to be done to get more global. Isn't Spain the next store site?

Just because the USA is the biggest market does not mean Europe is not a large market for Apple.
    Why do you think that just because it is the largest it should be the only one to get any events?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Just because the USA is the biggest market does not mean Europe is not a large market for Apple.
    Why do you think that just because it is the largest it should be the only one to get any events?
    It is not that I think the US should get "all" of the events, it would just seem to me that it would serve more interest being held in the largest market currently available.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For the editor, not to criticize but you misspelled Spain*

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Span sounds like fun. where is that? I want to go (jk)

I Love Apple Dont You?

Thanks

Span? Barcelona is beautiful I think Steve jobs need a break.

Barcelona, Span. I love that country

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

Get ready for Macworld Mobile, a first-of-its kind event to be held next February (14-17) in Barcelona, Span in conjunction with the Mobile World Congress - the "biggest mobile trade show" on earth. As you can imagine, the new mobile-centric event will be highly focused on all things mobile, but especially the iPhone, iPod, iPad, and the devs who make cool applications for all of our iDevices.

At Mobile World Congress 2011, the GSMA is partnering with IDG World Expo, organizers of Macworld - an event with which we're all familiar - to produce this so-called "Macworld Mobile," which organizers are calling "a mobile developer event for the Apple iPhone and iPad platforms." On tap for the the Macworld Mobile iOS Developer Conference are full-day, in-depth training sessions on this "critical platform," with technical workshops, targeting tools and applications specifically designed for mobile application developers and engineers. According to Mary Dolaher, chief executive officer of IDG World Expo, "At Mobile World Congress, we will help international iOS developers to strengthen their skills, as well as facilitate connections with other developers and the worldwide audience of mobile decision makers who attend."

At this time, there's no clear indication if Apple will actually participate, as the suits who don't wear suits in Cupertino have grown fond of altogether ignoring any Apple-related conference or event that isn't directly sponsored or organized by Apple. For now, GSMA has only announced that the CEOs of America Movil, HTC, Vodafone and WPP will be among the industry leaders delivering keynote presentations at Mobile World Congress.

GSMA
    Barcelona, Spain

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I love Span. Who wants to go Span for the event ?

Is Span anything like Spam?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Is Span anything like Spam?
    As close as run is to rum

I'd rather have rum than a run, but I'd rather have span than spam.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I'd rather have rum than a run, but I'd rather have span than spam.
    Try to stay on topic

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Try to stay on topic
    I always try.

Just don't always succeed...

I'd rather have Spain than span