+ Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 10 Now Available For Download : Jailbreak Safe

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The mobile substrate trick works perfectly with Infinifolders/Infinidock. Thanks! Edit- and after reading further forward in the thread, you don't even need to do that anymore. All is well with
    Thanks

The mobile substrate trick works perfectly with Infinifolders/Infinidock. Thanks!

Edit- and after reading further forward in the thread, you don't even need to do that anymore. All is well with the world.
    Last edited by mr117; 09-05-2010 at 10:14 AM.
    Senior

Thanks
    ITunes is an application that allows the user to manage audio and video on a personal computer, acting as a front end for Apple's QuickTime media player. Officially, using iTunes is required in order to manage the audio of an Apple iPod portable audio player, although alternative software does exist. Users can organize their music into playlists within one or more libraries, edit file information, record Compact Discs, copy files to a digital audio player, purchase music and videos through its built-in music store, download free podcasts.
    WE DO NOT ALLOW SPAMMING!

z@y
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

itunes 10 wont let u restore the jb iphone 4 ....... does any one has some idea how to restore without upgrading.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z@y View Post
    itunes 10 wont let u restore the jb iphone 4 ....... does any one has some idea how to restore without upgrading.
    It's not itunes 10. Apple stop signing old ios's every time an update is released. If you have your shsh files recorded on cydia's servers then you can downgrade. There's a guide on the site that shows you how. As of Wednesday when 4.1 is released you won't be able to downgrade to any older ios unless you have your shsh blobs on file somewhere. I wouldn't restore unless you really have to. Otherwise, search for the downgrade guide.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on an unlocked 3G on OS4 and now with this update my phone is no longer unlocked. Help! ;(

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jysiex View Post
    I'm on an unlocked 3G on OS4 and now with this update my phone is no longer unlocked. Help! ;(
    Do you mean factory unlocked or jailbroken then unlocked? Your question needs to be specific.
    If you were jailbroken and unlocked you need to downgrade. Search the guides to find out how to go back to 4.0.1.

If you have a factory unlocked phone you need to redo the update and allow itunes to activate the phone.

A note to all. Never update a jailbroken iphone without checking for a jailbreaking tool first!!!!

z@y
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am ok with downgrading but the problem is i just want to restore my iphone 4 (4.0.1) because some of the apps are not reponding normally. DFU mode is ok but when i clicked restore (SHIFT + option +restore ) itunes 10 pops up the notice that "THE SOFTWARE REQUIRED FOR COMMUNICATING WITH THE IPHONE IS NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY,PLEASE REINSTALL ITUNES TO INSTALL THE IPHONES SOFTWARE" .... why is this ? can u help me ?

Banned
    Thanks

i am ok with downgrading but the problem is i just want to restore my iphone 4 (4.0.1) because some of the apps are not reponding normally. DFU mode is ok but when i clicked restore (SHIFT + option +restore ) itunes 10 pops up the notice that "THE SOFTWARE REQUIRED FOR COMMUNICATING WITH THE IPHONE IS NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY,PLEASE REINSTALL ITUNES TO INSTALL THE IPHONES SOFTWARE" .... why is this ? can u help me ?
    You still haven't said if your phone was jailbroken or not.

If it was you need to have saved your shsh blobs on file in cydia or on your computer using tinyumbrella before you can downgrade. If you don't understand any of this, then you really need to do some searching through these forums first before asking a question that has been asked and answered many times over.
    Last edited by Tyronal; 09-07-2010 at 10:32 AM.

z@y
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ofcourse my iphone is jailbroken and i have my shsh saved in cydia server n as well as my comp.
    so how can i restore my iphone4 ? i mean restore and not down grading.

Banned
    Thanks

ofcourse my iphone is jailbroken and i have my shsh saved in cydia server n as well as my comp.
    so how can i restore my iphone4 ? i mean restore and not down grading.
    You restore through itunes as you normally do and you'll be updated to 4.0.2. But you won't be able to jailbreak on 4.0.2. There isn't one. If you want to jailbreak your device you have to be on 4.0.1, hence you need to downgrade. You want specific answers you need to provide all the facts first. If your apps aren't working you should always update them first before choosing to update the phone.

Go to the top of this page and click on the guides link. People have gone to a lot of work to write them so use them. It's all there.

Don't jump on here and just expect people assume your situation. You provided no information to begin with and then say "of course my iphone is jailbroken". How the hell do we know that if you don't say. Do some searching.
    Last edited by Tyronal; 09-07-2010 at 09:52 AM.

z@y
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry man..... iwont bother u again..

Banned
    Thanks

sorry man..... iwont bother u again..
    Please look up, google search or whatever first before asking questions as thousands have asked the same questions as you. And they have been answered a thousand times. It's silly to answer it a thousand and one times when its already there. The forums get boring with a thousand questions all the same when the answer's just one click away.

I know the answer you're looking for is a very detailed one and you need to do some work so I can't explain it to you as well the guide can. You have some work to do to get your iphone back to how it was.
    Last edited by Tyronal; 09-07-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm confused. I just read through all 11 pages of this post, but I'm still not sure if it's okay to update or not. Can I update to itunes 10 without losing my jailbreak somehow? I'm currently running a 3GS, with 4.0.1 firmware. Any info would be greatly appreciated, believe me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    I'm confused. I just read through all 11 pages of this post, but I'm still not sure if it's okay to update or not. Can I update to itunes 10 without losing my jailbreak somehow? I'm currently running a 3GS, with 4.0.1 firmware. Any info would be greatly appreciated, believe me.
    no it wont mess up your jailbreak at all but be warned itunes 10 is garbage major fail id stay at 9

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd love to stay at 9, but I need to sync my phone with my laptop and it won't let me do it until I update itunes. The version on there now is very, very old (9.0.1.8). Anyhow thanks, I'll update tomorrow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    I'd love to stay at 9, but I need to sync my phone with my laptop and it won't let me do it until I update itunes. The version on there now is very, very old (9.0.1.8). Anyhow thanks, I'll update tomorrow.

Search for iTunes 9.2 in google...you'll definitely find it ( try iclarified) 9.2 WILL let you sync. As long as you have 9.2, you shouldn't have any issues....I know that because that's what I'm using for my iphone4 with iOS 4.0.1.
    As far as iTunes 10 is concerned, I'd say wait for iOS 4.1 to be released and let the DevTeam certify it safe with iTunes 10 before updating...better to be safely jailbroken with a version that works for sure, than sorry.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    no it wont mess up your jailbreak at all but be warned itunes 10 is garbage major fail id stay at 9
    Apart from the obvious GUI changes which leave a lot to be desired, iTunes 10 runs faster and smoother than before, and better on older computers, so there are pluses.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iTunes 10 auto syncing
    Anyone else getting an auto sync with iTunes 10 even when auto syncing is disabled? I had to pull the plug real quick because I don't trust that stuff.

Green Apple
    Thanks

iLaw-One, great idea, thanks for that. I'm gonna find an older version and install that. I'm curious about itunes 10 but I'd prefer to use 9.2 until I'm 100 percent sure that 10 won't mess up my jailbreak. Thanks for the advice!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPod 2G keeps getting error 3194 when I try to restore to 4.0 ! I wanna jailbreak using redsnow windows any solutions