Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Dishes on iOS 4.1. and Cool New Updates

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Steve Jobs Dishes on iOS 4.1. and Cool New Updates

As Steve Jobs took the stage to a rousing ovation at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, California and the Apple Store went down, we all knew something was coming. And we were right. Kicking off Apple's annual September Event, CEO Steve Jobs gave a retail update, praising the Paris Apple store, a second outlet in China, and, finally, the newest store in London. Apple now boasts some 300 retail stores in ten different countries, with Spain on tap for becoming the 11th nation to get an Apple Store.

Self-congratulations and iOS glorification aside, Steve Jobs soon got down to business. What's new to Apple? iOS 4.1, the next release of iOS. First, bugs have been fixed, proximity, bluetooth, iPhone 3G bugs. Second, Apple is adding the new HDR (high dynamic range) standard to photos, an embellishment that takes iPhone photo quality to a while new level. Also built into iOS 4.1 is Game Center, which is all about multiplayer games. "If you don't have friends," Jobs says, "it will match you with people."

Jobs foreshadowed from Epic Games a new game that will soon debut using Game Center. Exclusively for Apple mobile devices, get ready for "Project Sword," an action packed role playing game that really looks sweet. With intricate 3D imagery and amazing gameplay and social integration, this could very well become one of the hottest games available across any mobile phone or gaming device. It'll be out on the iPhone, iPod, and iPad this holiday season.

iOS 4.1 will be a free download available next week. Jobs, however, also gave a sneak peak at 4.2, which will be out in November, also available for free. "It's all about iPad," says Jobs. "It brings everything to iPad from 4.1 to the iPad." Look for everything from wireless printing to the brand new Airplay.
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 09-01-2010 at 01:14 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

babloo_73 (09-02-2010), drog92 (09-01-2010), ercev (09-13-2010), pedroremedios (09-02-2010), reaves205 (09-01-2010), scuzzmonster (09-04-2010)

Thanks

I'm looking forward to the proximity sensor fix.
    Apples taste good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kruejl For This Useful Post:

babloo_73 (09-02-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if it fixes the iphone 3g issues, even though i have not seen many, then i am looking forward to updating as long as their is a jailbreak, i cannot live with out it.... haha biteSMS

ipad users left to wait yet again lol no worries i think the iphone/ipod users will tell you how awesome it is.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Meglomaniac For This Useful Post:

trantrui85 (09-11-2010)

Bring on the Jailbreak!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andygev35 For This Useful Post:

LCW (09-07-2010), lol_release (09-01-2010)

I wonder what iphone 3G bugs were fixed.

Thanks

laggggggggg

Quote Originally Posted by mgt View Post
    I wonder what iphone 3G bugs were fixed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

This is very exciting. But still have to wait for a jailbreak
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Since 4.1 is iPhone and it is possible to jailbreak 3G or less iphones do you think they jailbreak masters will wait until 4.2 is released in November before they use an exploit? Considering, 4.2 will be for the iphone 4 & iPad.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

doubt it

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It would make sense for all the Jailbreaks to be held until 4.2 is out.. just sayin..

Please god actually fix the 3G lag issues.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I just can't do it without the jailbreak. I'll wait for that. It was one thing to walk away from a jailbroken 3GS to get the new iPhone4 hardware and that gorgeous screen, it's a whole other thing to drop my jailbroken goodness (like scrollable folders and bitesms, just to name a few) in favor of game center and my ear no longer hanging up on people.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPadnewb View Post
    Since 4.1 is iPhone and it is possible to jailbreak 3G or less iphones do you think they jailbreak masters will wait until 4.2 is released in November before they use an exploit? Considering, 4.2 will be for the iphone 4 & iPad.
    Selfishly, I hope a JB is being developed for 4.1, as I don't have an iPad (which is what 4.2 is targeting), but I could see the JB Devs waiting for 4.2.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Thanks

JB 4.1 and 4.2 please! I need the sensor fix and want to still have a JB device. My sensor issue isn't like the others were the screen keeps coming on. My sensor issue turns the screen off and then keeps it off! After I'm done with the call I can't hang up or do anything on the screen. I have to wait until the other person hangs up and continuously press the sleep button...

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

4.1,4.2 with the gaming platform seems to be pretty cool, I like the game they did a demo of, I think they will wait until 4.2 but thats just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    It would make sense for all the Jailbreaks to be held until 4.2 is out.. just sayin..
    Exactly, no need to let all their hard work be patched in just a couple of months.

no no don't be silly we want a jailbreak.

The only people that would agree to that is anyone without an iphone 4

Yep please, we need a 4.1 jailbreak, as a iphone owner stuck on 4.0.2 after a long time using jailbroken devices its driving me crazy not being able of using the themes and tweaks im used to..

Default activation
    let god... or hackers, be able to activate the damn firmware, it`s been a month, and i can`t activate the phone. and of course phonebook does not work... amen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast