+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Death Grip Fixed: Mexican Carrier Exec

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Was going to buy an iPhone 4 next week, but I guess I'll just wait until October and see what the deal is then. Tough luck to the diehard apple
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Was going to buy an iPhone 4 next week, but I guess I'll just wait until October and see what the deal is then.

Tough luck to the diehard apple fans that got theirs on launch day if this turns out to be true.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamebeater View Post
    Was going to buy an iPhone 4 next week, but I guess I'll just wait until October and see what the deal is then.

Tough luck to the diehard apple fans that got theirs on launch day if this turns out to be true.
    Why? You use a case, as any sensible person would ... problem solved.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow this is not such a bummer for me I mean my iPhone 4 was swapped only twice since I got it.

1. Faulty Home Button.
    2. Screen does not go off when brought up to my face.

Would not be surprised of this being true though.....

Quote Originally Posted by pistolxwhipped View Post
    they better let us change it for free..they sold us a damaged product.
    its not damaged if it never worked to begin with. but dont worry, you'll get a case when you upgrade to this one and pay more. why? no body likes a "broken" product even though you bought it knowing that the signal is dropping depending on how you hold it.
    iPhone Devices;3

All the iPhone "Killers";50+

How does the iPhone STILL win?

Thanks

One more reason to NEVER buy the latest and greatest until you let the dust settle. Love my 3G without 4.0 and will wait until all of this iphone 4 bullshcizz is put to rest.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sharrack For This Useful Post:

redwolf (09-05-2010)

Thanks

Wonder if they will replace 1st batch 4's covered under AppleCare...
    Moddin My LiFe, One App at a time !

Thanks

I think it is highly plausible this exec is saying this as a means to calm customers. It might be a tactic to get customers to upgrade. Or this could be BS like many of the other rumors floating around.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice Nice.. I don't think apple will switch handsets for people hence the free bumper cases.

It's always best for the bugs to fixed then get the update version of a product. So I guess let the Verizon rumors start again?

Thanks

No issues here in Australia. My iphone4 works like a dream.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yurasis View Post
    Why? You use a case, as any sensible person would ... problem solved.
    Any sensible person would learn from the mistakes from the passed 3 years and realise that the first revisions of Apple's iPhone has always had serious issues. Smart option would be to stick with your current model until they are all ironed out.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just hope they get this all straightened out and then release the white one I have been waiting for!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pistolxwhipped View Post
    they better let us change it for free..they sold us a damaged product.

I agree... If they do release new Iphone4 that won't suffer from the death grip. Then apple better replace everyone who purchased an iPhone4 with the death grip issue... If the person chooses so atleast. Like me I would take my i4 to get it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I just hope they get this all straightened out and then release the white one I have been waiting for!

If this is true then I think thats why apple announced they were supposedly the white glass for the white iPhone was harder to make just to stall some time for them to remodel the whole iPhone and fix the death grip so the white iPhone won't suffer the same faith as the black one.
    Last edited by zeroskater61; 09-01-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Did everyone forget that when you buy something you get a 1 year manufacture warranty. This proctects you from manfacturer defects that may occur over that year. Since this was a manufactured deffect and the bumper program was only a minor fix. It is considered to be covered under the warrenty. So apple should give us a replacement free of charge.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    I agree... If they do release new Iphone4 that won't suffer from the death grip. Then apple better replace everyone who purchased an iPhone4 with the death grip issue... If the person chooses so atleast. Like me I would take my i4 to get it replaced.

If this is true then I think thats why apple announced they were supposedly the white glass for the white iPhone was harder to make just to stall some time for them to remodel the whole iPhone and fix the death grip so the white iPhone won't suffer the same faith as the black one.
    You have a good point! I was thinking the same thing when I heard about the white glass!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks
    if they release the white one w/ no grip problems, it's gonna be a PR nightmare for apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple should offer replacements for a limited time, say, 30 days. Most people will keep what they have unless it's having problems, and a few will trade in even if they're not having problems. But at least they'll offer a permanent fix. They can always refurb the trade-ins, and it would really help their public image.

Thanks

I am sure if they did offer a free replacement the refurbs will be sold again anyways. They always are so they always make profit.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone death grip? come one.. this is a US phenomenon
    Give me a break. This problem may technically be a design flaw, but it is so small it is only a problem here in the US. I live in China, travel to tons of other countries. This problem doesn't exist anywhere else because they put cell towers all over the place. The reason it exists here is our idiotic government who regulates cell towers to death. If you don't like it kick the idiots out of office who made cell coverage impossible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just canceled my order because of this news...

I'll sit it out until October and see what happens would be able to sleep if a new version got out 10 days after i got mine

If i was wrong oh well i only lost a few weeks...

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Case program only until 30th sept., problems making white glass, proximity sensors problems?
    Hell, I'm replacing mine for sure, not because of the reception issue as it won't work since there "is no issue" at least officially, but because I have dirt inside my touchscreen!

The guy who said it only affects USA... Bollox! If you "travel a lot" you probably stay within a good reception and you're lucky enough not to notice it, but it affects every single iPhone 4 no matter what country you're in!!!

They better replace it otherwise there will be case in court.