+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: China Unicom Advertising Jailbreaking Service

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    lmk
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

officially, China Unicom has not launch iPhone 4.... 中国联通
    They are still selling the iPhone 3GS as of 30August 2010

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Has anyone told China yet that you can't downgrade without Apple signing the SHSH blobs or having them on file with Cydia or TinyUmbrella? Not nearly as easy as a downgrade on say a Blackberry.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Now that Jailbreaking is not-illegal, officially, perhaps there will be more than 5 people in the world trying to make jailbreak programs. Man, wouldn't that be great?

I have no doubt that there will always be flaws in the iPhone for a jailbreak, but it would be nice if we had a 'small army' to work on finding them and exploiting them.
    As far as I know this was just a US ruling.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

One of the few times I wished I lived in china

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    There is no evidence that they ran anyone over with tanks. Charlie Cole reported that the tanks smashed walls and vehicles and possibly people, but all other accounts from other reporters were different. According to multiple reporters, no one was harmed nor killed at Tiananmen Square.
    Now if people were shot and killed around it, that's a different story. But as evidence shows, no one was run over with tanks. Only shot to death.
    Are we seriously going to get into a tank man argument?
    Last edited by whereswaldo; 08-31-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    Has anyone told China yet that you can't downgrade without Apple signing the SHSH blobs or having them on file with Cydia or TinyUmbrella? Not nearly as easy as a downgrade on say a Blackberry.
    True... But you don't really have to have that devices shsh files saved.

My friends wife found one of the new 8GB 3Gs at a Starbucks restroom with a pink lock amd he asked me to restore it so I did and since I didn't know what firmware it had it just did a regular restore and it updated the iPhone to firmware 4.0.2
    Then idk what made me try this but I had my old 3GS simcard since I have the new iphone4. So I put my ok'd sim in and tried the restore using my old iPhones shsh files and did a restore back to 4.0 and it worked. So all you really need is a simcard since I guess what really counts is your phone number I guess?? Idk but it worked for me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The phone you "found" had already been jailbroken. BTW, I suggest your friend's wife follows sziklassy's tip and starts praying for forgiveness ;-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

Cradle (09-03-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    There is no evidence that they ran anyone over with tanks. Charlie Cole reported that the tanks smashed walls and vehicles and possibly people, but all other accounts from other reporters were different. According to multiple reporters, no one was harmed nor killed at Tiananmen Square.
    Now if people were shot and killed around it, that's a different story. But as evidence shows, no one was run over with tanks. Only shot to death.
    I only said that he reported it. Whether he was telling the truth or not, it is where the perception came from and that is what was being discussed: The origin of the perception, not the truth of it.

Fact: The perception pre-dates "The Animatrix."

Fact: Rightly or wrongly, many people have believed all along that Chinese military tanks ran over protestors at Tianamen Square that day.

Fact: "The Animatrix" did not create the perception. If anything, it was influenced by the same events just as those who previously believed that.

That's all I was saying.
    Last edited by CZroe; 09-02-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is it the ad form offical of China Unicom?
    iSpirit, manage iPhone apps, themes and files.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went into my local, store owned china unicom shop two days ago. They don't have the iPhone 4 yet and people were still walking out with the 3Gs. It makes sense since they only announced a few days ago that china had given them the license to sell the wifi version here.

Anyway, they did not have the advertisements that have been floating around online. They also did not have micro sims and were not able to cut it for me, though they did offer that i could cut it myself.

For those interested, if you mess up and need to buy a replacement sim, they cost 20rmb and you will need to show your passport.

So far my cut and working sim can't be found by my iphone (but works in my other non iPhone), though the AT&T sim can and does work. The contacts don't touch the card in the same place they do with my other phones so... Good luck. If anyone has had the no sim insterted issue with their cut sim and do not get the message with a regular/real micro sim, please let me know what you did to fix it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12