+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Stores identify & reject unlocked or bricked returns

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Somehow I think the Hitler quote is a bit much. This product was designed and built in conjunction with AT&T so both companies have the right to make sure it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Somehow I think the Hitler quote is a bit much. This product was designed and built in conjunction with AT&T so both companies have the right to make sure it is used as intended and returns on their investment. Any of us who 'mod' the phone are taking a risk.

Thanks

Hey guys i just put the 1.1.1 firmwares dmg's into a ramdisk, wondering if i can do anything with that from here. Thanks
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 09-29-2007 at 05:59 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Had my girlfriend walk in to the Apple store with two bricked 4GB iphones, she said "i kicked my boyfriend off my plan and I want to upgrade to an 8GB, i just bought these last week." The doods were more than happy to help her out, swapped out both 4GB iphones for an 8GB iphone and away we went... Moral of the story? Get a hot girlfriend in a low-cut shirt and have her go in and say NOTHING about the phones being broken.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Murfunit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Larkin View Post
    Still laughing at you bunch of whimp crybabies who are going to AT&T and Apple and whimpering, sniffling, double-talking, pleading for them to fix or replace your waranty-less iPhones. All kinds of brave talk about laws to protect you, how you are now victims of Steve Jobs/Apple/AT&T because you have the 'right' to have your unlocked/modded phones repaired or replaced for free, on and on and on.

Especially hilarious was the one hapless chap who is practically going door-to-door from Apple Store to AT&T shop, searching for that one and only deeply warm, sympathetic, understanding, fuzzy wuzzy employee who will give you your warm milk, tell you everthing will be OK and exchange for you a brand new, shrink-wrapped iPhone so you can leave all full of rapture.

Grow up.

Take some personal responsibility and act like an adult, you babies.

We all knew before unlocking/modding an iPhone that the baby was ours the moment we did it (oh, even complete with all kinds of crowing on sites like this). Then, we were TOLD WHAT WE ALREADY KNEW, that our actions would result in invalidating our warranties. Then, APPLE AGAIN clearly warned us that their new firmware would cause us grief if you updated your old old firmware on unlocked/modded iphones. Then, AS APPLE RELEASED THEIR FIRMWARE, THEY CLEARLY STATED BEFORE YOU UPDATED YOUR FIRMWARE AGAIN OF THE CONSEQUENSES. And still again, EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE CARRY NEW OF THE IPHONE FIRMWARE UPGRADE SAID DO NOT DO IT TO MODIFIED PHONES!

Now, crybaby whimp after sulking hacker after jilted modder is here castigating Apple and wearing their newfound victimhood on their sleeve like a badge of courage.

YOU SULKING, VICTIMIZED BABIES MAKE ME SICK. GROW UP, GET A LIFE.

But fear not, mommie will be there soon to stroke your hair and tell you the big bad Apple/Steve Jobs/AT&T bear will go away and you will have your new hack that will allow you to click your ruby red slippers three times and say 'There's no phone like iPhone, There's no phone like iPhone, There's no phone like iPhone" and zap, it will be working again.

Then, you can dry your tears, for your victimhood will be vanquished for a yet another round sure to come when 1.2 firmware is released.

In the mean time, careful not to spill hot coffee in your crouch when you drop by a McDonalds' drive-in window. But hey, wait, one lady won millions and millions of dollars after her whimpering and claim of victimhood.
    You don't get it do you?

I knew when I installed iUnlock that I was taking a risk. I knew when I clicked update I was taking another risk. I also know that I (temporarily) have a fancy paperweight.

Sure I've tried a few tricks to see if I could get some sympathetic Genius to reflash it for me, but know what? They didn't. And know what else? It doesn't matter.

It's all part of the game. Part of the 'cat and mouse' that Steve Jobs was talking about. It's also how we learn what we can and can't do. What if, by trying different methods and different sources I learned something about the update that could be of assistance to the Dev team? (Not lilely - I'm not tech savvy enough to pick up on it but it's not impossible) Still call me a crybaby then?

And now I get to sit back and laugh at the people like YOU who get all self righteous and huffy because the 'crybabies' are trying to see what, if anything, can be done. What would you prefer to see people do? Roll over and play dead. "Oh dear. I messed up. bricked my phone (Notice I said "I" noone else, me, Myself, I) guess I'll just have to take my punishment like a man (woman in this case) Thanak you for teaching me not to even try!!"

Yeah right. Tell me another one, do!!
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went to the apple store last night, brought my phone in they denied replacing it. I bought it 13 days ago and was still in my 14 day restocking period. They denied me saying that unlocking my iphone voided my return policy. I said show me that in writing and they showed me the warranty blub. I said thats great now show me where it says it voids my 14 day return policy. They said it is implied. I made sure to get the managers name and had him right on his business card why he was refusing to let me make my return in my 14 day window. It's weird I am an AT&T customer, after hacking my iphone i realized i really liked the visual voicemail and signed up with AT&T dropping sprint. Now both companies are leaving me in limbo. I can install apps on osx i can modify plist files and ui themes and they will restore me back to a good working image. why dont they give their customers with valid AT&T accounts the same courtesy. I have 6 working apple products right now in my house. Every time i see that logo i am getting angry. Screw iphone price drops this is nuts I did not by the phone from AT&T, I did not lease it from Apple but they have worked in collusion to keep me from accessing my rightfully owned property. If this is not fixed soon and by Apple I will never buy another Apple product again.

Thanks

any of you guys figure out how to get ringtones for free with the new firmware? all mine that i had went out of itunes. tried the extension changing trick but no luck.

Thanks

Some of us who got burn't in a similar manner 12 years ago could see this coming :-)

I bought one of the first Newtons in the UK. Loved it. A selling point was updates by EPROM. A month or so later, I was asked to send it in for new h/w, as a one-off. I did - and when it came back, the insides were changed, but in the old case, not the new case design! I was given an expensive set of Newton goodies that Christmas, and I couldn't use them, because they were designed for the new case design.

I was not a happy bunny, but I learnt my lesson, and haven't upgraded to 1.1.1 yet.

Still love Apple, though...

Thanks

I to have learned my lesson, wait at least 24 hours before even checking if its safe to update. Haha
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 09-29-2007 at 12:17 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The cry baby brigade is still going strong! 'Wahhh, wahhhh, that ... that ... that guy in the black smok ... that STEVER JOBS ... wahhhhh he bricked my iPhone'.

The latest juvinile to post is crybaby Mufurnit ... or whatever (no one uses their real names. Go ahead and hide).

He reads a post, and gets 'all huffy' because she was bricked. And then whines like a newborne baby about "What would you prefer to see people do? Roll over and play dead."

Again ... grow up. Bricking a iPhone was YOUR DECISION, and now you say its 'ok' for people to whine, bawl, cry and act like babies to pout about someone else causing their misfortune.

I am laughing in your ' ohhh I am a victim' face!

Let me guess. You are entitled to buy a product from Apple, venture into its software code, change it despite a condition of using it, it screws up your phone, and then Apple should solve your problem. You're an idiot.

Cry baby fnkyback is worse though.

That baby spouts at the end of his juvenile posting ."If this is not fixed soon and by Apple I will never buy another Apple product again."

Let me clue you in baby ... Apple DOES NOT CARE, NOR WANT, NOR GIVE A FAT RAT'S _SS ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS. GO AHEAD ... STOP BLUSTERING AND THREATENING ... LEAVE ... GO BUY SOMEONE ELSES PRODUCT CRYBABY!

Who cares.

Apple does not build their products to pander to the hacker community that alters it software and firmware and then with shock and surprise after being warned of the consequeces screws up their iPhones, then comes forth to burden their tech support people to ' ohhh, please, fix this'.

This is simple. ITS A CASE OF ACCEPTING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, THEN EXPECTING APPLE TO COME TO YOUR RESCUE.

G-R-O-W U-P.

Hey, you don't like Apple coming to give you another nipple of warm mild to assauge your pain GO BUY FROM MICROSOFT, CRYBABY.

Boy, you hate me rubbing your crybaby whining face in WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You ALL are ridiculous. Would a mod please close this thread? I started this post simply to share some information. Please take your bantering somewhere else or show some respect.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, agree. Lets cut this thread off of the crybabies. But my suspicion is that they are whining and crying and sobbing on the next several threads .... eh?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

but it's really fun to read the crybabies and the scallywags!
    --
    Posted from my modded and then upgraded to 1.1.1 but NOT unlocked iPhone, missing it's 3rd party apps, fully cognisant of responsibility for not having them anymore and willing to wait for them again, knowing full well I may brick my phone but it would be my responsibility alone...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you wait in a few days this will all be worked out and all this worrying for nothing! on a funny note if you modded for instance a microwave and you bought it a wally world and you fried the son of *****. You could return it say something "**** i dont know it blew up and about caught my dog on fire and some over the hill lady would say i am sorry here's your refund

Thanks

I did the update, but my IMEI is still the same as the one etched on the back. I get a no signal bar @ the top left side.

Would they accept my phone for a replacement?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just buy a new phone and return... its much easier than the annoyance of "Genius Bar"

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

This thread is about AT&T stores rejecting iPhones, not another "I upgraded to 1.1.1 and my iPhone is broken" thread. Start a thread in the appropriate forum for other questions. From now on anything not related to the thread title will be deleted.

Michael Larkin - you're being arrogant and annoying. 4 of your 5 posts on this forum are simply mocking people. Yes, it was a dumb move. No, there is no reason for you to randomly show up and antagonize people.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

y0haan (09-29-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iELEMENT View Post
    Just buy a new phone and return... its much easier than the annoyance of "Genius Bar"
    And whats that supposed to do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Fine. If you can't handle my responding to the whiners on your board, go ahead, kick me off. Its easy, just delete my presence and its done.

You are the one who needs start acting in a manner similar to an editor in chief. Your board is drawing complainers and victims, which would never hear from me if you would not filter them out.

All for ending both my posts and the complainers post. So there it is .... no more from me UNLESS YOU DONT DO YOUR JOB TOO AND ASK THEM TO STOP POSTING THE CRY BABY STUFF.

Are you up to it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

<3
    Last edited by eddiehart; 09-30-2007 at 06:27 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Larkin View Post
    Fine. If you can't handle my responding to the whiners on your board, go ahead, kick me off. Its easy, just delete my presence and its done.

You are the one who needs start acting in a manner similar to an editor in chief. Your board is drawing complainers and victims, which would never hear from me if you would not filter them out.

All for ending both my posts and the complainers post. So there it is .... no more from me UNLESS YOU DONT DO YOUR JOB TOO AND ASK THEM TO STOP POSTING THE CRY BABY STUFF.

Are you up to it?
    Right, mocking people is really not cool. You are not really contributing anything useful here or making my iPhone any better than it already is. Besides, we do not mock here we Mod. Stever really belongs to another community anyway and if not, start one.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast