+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What is the iPhone Evolving Into?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Nice article
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice article

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

I think that eventually our smartphones will contain information about our computers at home, like what programs we have installed. Then we will be able to plug the smartphone directly into a 'shell' of a computer, and then access all our programs from the cloud.

This way, our smartphones will act kind of like a key that unlocks the use of all our programs wherever we go, then saves our info into the cloud.

Smartphones, being companion pieces of computers, will always be linked technologically. Smartphones wouldn't be as smart as they are without powerful computers to connect to. The whole idea is that we get to bring a small part of our home computers with us wherever we go, so it's not hard to imagine that in the future we'll have more options as to what we can bring, and where and how we can use it.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 08-27-2010 at 05:53 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great article Wiley. So nice to read something well written and topical without grammatical errors. You will fit in well here.

Thanks

ahhh boy do i remember how cool the zack morris style cell phone was back then!, i went from the original nokia with the green screen and snake!!!, to about 10 razrs to a slvr to a palm pre a few weeks before the 3g release then returned it for that and have had it ever since. i wouldnt call the iphone the 1st smart phone but the amount of everything you can do with it and the numbers of people who create apps and whatnot for it may be a first, in numbers of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

Well written.

Smartphones won't replace PCs, but they can use their information much like a PC, however.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

Shishir G (08-27-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Good article new guy! Nice to have some new and fresh perspective.....THANK GOD your first article wasn't

"New Verizon iPhone Rumors"

Anyways, it's always fun to think about what the future of tech will bring us. The fact that what we are holding in our hands right now seemed like science fiction 10 years ago is really....cool.

I'm not going to make any predictions, because my predictions could never do the future of tech and the iPhone justice! I just know it's gonna be awesome and amazing! Yet no matter how amazing.. I'm sure we will all still be waiting for "the next JB release"!!

Hopefully we won't all die in 2012 so we can be around for the evolution of the iPhone! That's reason enough for me to want to be around!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Our visions of the future now will only change. Visions of this year back in the 80s was way off. So what the future holds will be like it has been as small steps with jumps here and there of new items.

I am excited what the future holds but I know that we will be paced there in steps not the leaps and bounds as our dreams/visions hope.

The jumps here and there are the most exicting times of anyone's life during that period. Only to become a memory that pales in comparison later on in life to the next step.
    Last edited by Cer0; 08-27-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks

Hell yea for the Netflix app!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Our visions of the future now will only change. Visions of this year back in the 80s was way off. So what the future holds will be like it has been as small steps with jumps here and there of new items.

I am excited what the future holds but I know that we will be paced there in steps not the leaps and bounds as our dreams/visions hope.

The jumps here and there are the most exicting times of anyone's life during that period. Only to become a memory that pales in comparison later on in life to the next step.
    I'm supposed to be going to work in my flying car by now!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Good article. However, your statement that "it wasnít really until the iPhone came out that the smartphone evolved into something more than the sum of its parts" is more than a small exaggeration. While I love my iPhone, and I have had all four versions, it would be wrong to imply that the iPhone was the beginning of the smartphone. I happily carried a PocketPC (HP Jornada) and loved it, longing for the day that someone would combine it with a phone, for all of the reasons why we now love the iPhone. My Samsung i700, then the i730 nicely fit that model. But, the sluggishness of the PocketPC (now called Windows Mobile) platform, along with the absurdity of dealing with Verizon's lock-down policy, made jumping to the first iPhone a joy. By the way - for those who can't wait for Verizon to get the iPhone, you may wish you hadn't thought of such a thing. If you think that Apple keeps a tight lock on their phones, just wait until you see how Verizon operates. I can tell you first hand that jailbreaking and using the iPhone is a walk in the park compared to the hacking we used to do with the PocketPC/WM platform on Verizon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -=viper=- View Post
    Cellular suppository...
    The iRectum
    Made my day

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    I'm supposed to be going to work in my flying car by now!!!
    Exactly. Our visions people had in the past are slightly off.

I mean the internet concept was originally to be just used by the government and educational institutions. But it slowly made it's way into the general public and today's generation and generations from then now think nothing of the internet and how it came to be or what it changed.

The phone was a high class bulky item a decade or two ago and it is now in the hands of many, including children. Where communication goes from this point is going to be interesting.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (08-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi this isn't about this post but just wanted to know if you got the answer. I have 3 iPhone 4 2 are jailbroken 3 different accounts for each one this about the iPhone 4 case program on the phone that is not jailbroken it let's me get the free case but on the two phones it says your phone does not quailfy can you tell me my it says that I'm in America I have an AT&T contract for all 3 phones so please help

Thanks

Great article! Sparked some good responses.
    I agree with Jahooba to an extent. I believe smart phones, pc/macs, television, etc... are all moving to a convergence of sorts. They will all just serve as portals to access your cloud data. Your seeing it more and more, people want access to their data, movies, music, books, even friends. Not some stuff here and other stuff there, some shared, most not compatible with each other. We are like the fat kid in a candy store, we want it all now! I believe you will see more shared formats and more universal protocols that will allow you to access your own personal hoard. Devices like the "eyephone 4000GGG" will simply be your mobile key to your data vault.
    Oh and of course to use as a flash light...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayWins101 View Post
    Hi this isn't about this post but just wanted to know if you got the answer. I have 3 iPhone 4 2 are jailbroken 3 different accounts for each one this about the iPhone 4 case program on the phone that is not jailbroken it let's me get the free case but on the two phones it says your phone does not quailfy can you tell me my it says that I'm in America I have an AT&T contract for all 3 phones so please help
    When did you buy them?

For iPhone 4 purchases made before July 23, 2010, you must apply no later than August 22, 2010; otherwise, you must apply within 30 days of your iPhone 4 purchase. To qualify for this program, you must purchase your iPhone 4 by September 30, 2010.
    Source: Apple - iPhone 4 - Case Program

Thanks

Uuuhhhhh... What was the point of this article? What, exactly, made this news? I have my own imagination and am well aware of the evolution of the mobile phone. If this is bait to get readers' interest for Wednesday's "glimpse into the future," please spare my time and just write the real article. We here at MMI are all about the meat and potatoes. Nice try though...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeachLivin88 For This Useful Post:

mclark2112 (08-29-2010), mortopher (08-27-2010)

Thanks

Great article !!! The history & future of these devices are very interesting. I remember having a Nokia phone that was heavy like a brick, and texts were $1 a pop. I never imagined sitting a work watch Netflix on my phone, amazing!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

Remember when this was the most awesome communication device?

Thanks
    iPhone Inviso of course!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It's just a phone.