Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiTime Enables FaceTime on Unsupported Carriers

i think some on these noobs are retarded.

1st Facetime was never intended to be used on edge or 3g.
    facetime os over wifi.
    yes i know there hacks out there with will let you use it on 3g if you have att but come on most of the ppl witch have iphone 4s have the 2gb cap on the data, trust me you dont really wana use facetime over 3g. im fine with my iphone 4 on tmobile and yes i use facetime on it as well. than again now adays everywhere you go you have hotspots.

and the initial post was about activating facetime not runing it on edge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been video calling since 2003 over 3G. The only thing that's changed is the resolution of the video. In 2004 I had the ultra cheap NECE313 probably the worst battery life on the planet (25 minutes of video calling then DEAD). Higher resolution needs more bandwidth. If Apple used there heads and offered lower resolution over 3G and maximum resolution over WiFi everyone is happy. We have in the UK T-mobile, Orange, Hutchinson 3G (three), Vodafone, Tesco Mobile, Asda Mobile, Virgin mobile, Giff-Gaff blah blah. All fighting for your contract. The only thing stopping the progress is the Apple. Like the Iphone 3,3G,3GS,4 apple have the Iphone 4GS etc in the pipeline and it probably "an enhancement" for FaceTime over 3G (like hold off until everyone has bought the iphone 4 and spring 4GS on the public). They already have the development just want to rinse your dollars revealing it. Like selling individual matches in a matchbox.

Not sure if anyone has seen this fix for facetime but it worked for my iphone 4.

YouTube - How To Fix FaceTime iPhone 4 After Jailbreak Jailbreakme.com - iPhone Vlog 43

never saw the fascination of face/face calling but it's huge and now w/ the ipod touch getting it, it's getting bigger..

why FaceTime not working in Cambodia??????????????
    Last edited by phireak; 09-08-2010 at 06:26 AM.

Ok I need some help with my other iphone with facetime. I have tried everything under the sun to get it to work. It shows your number will be shared with others. blah blah blah.

BUT I have no facetime buttons on a phone call with them. Also I was going to buy mitime and when it asks for compatibility it says the FT SMS too old and I cannot get it to go away...

Any help please

Quote Originally Posted by rorymcadams View Post
    Ok I need some help with my other iphone with facetime. I have tried everything under the sun to get it to work. It shows your number will be shared with others. blah blah blah.

BUT I have no facetime buttons on a phone call with them. Also I was going to buy mitime and when it asks for compatibility it says the FT SMS too old and I cannot get it to go away...

Any help please
    Same problem here.

I have tried mitime but it hasn't been able to activate facetime on my iP4.
    My phone does send the international sms it's suppose to send and I can receive international sms.
    My carrier is Movistar which is one of the two official carriers here (the other is Claro) but neither has the iphone 4 yet.
    Mine is jailbroken and unlocked with ultrasn0w
    I've tweeted @pushfix about my issue but he responded that something is probably wrong with my phone.......That my carrier has not been blocked.
    I don't understand what could be wrong..... Everything else is working fine.

I have no clue how to fix this or what @pushfix meant.

Can someone please help me i tried to do this yesterday and when i press test it never sent the sms so i stupidly tried it 5 more times and ran out of credits or attempts then i read on the twitter that the guy ran out of txt and he will have it running tomorrow morning now im screwed cos im out. Is there a way to buy more or smt?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234