+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Don't Expect a Jailbreak for iOS 4.0.2/3.2.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I got my 3GS from 4.2 back to 4.0 but cant do anything with it stuck on the emergency calls only screen :S
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got my 3GS from 4.2 back to 4.0 but cant do anything with it stuck on the emergency calls only screen :S

My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Thanks

damn some people in here cant even read the title of the thread. LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Im hoping their able to JB and unlock the new 4.1 that might be comming out today at the apple music event. My GF mistakenly updated my iPhone 4 to the new 4.0.2 firmware sunday and I live in the Bahamas so an unlock is a must for me. At least those of us who cant get their iPhone 4's unlock can say we had an iPod 4 before they launched...lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone mikelikesanime's Avatar
    Thanks

I know what has been said about no jailbreak for 4.02 but can anyone please explain why it is not possible to downgrade an iPhone 4 with 4.02 to 4.0 and the jailbreak it with redsn0w

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You cant downgrade because apple signs all of you restores. Notice when your restoring your iPhone it says at one point contacting apple servers. Well they are only right now signing for restores on the new firmware.

An exploit hasnt been found yet to jailbreak the iPhone 4 without using the PDF exploit which apple fixed in 4.0.2...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Deal HD For This Useful Post:

mikelikesanime (09-01-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    4.01 and 4.02 were minimal upgrades. 4.1 is the biggie IMHO

lol. if you have 4.02 and looking for a JB = DOH!!
    Last edited by newportgambler; 09-02-2010 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to newportgambler For This Useful Post:

Liljengrl7777 (09-08-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If u send it back for warranty it WILL come back with 4.0.2FW!!,i just got mine back from apple,NO MORE CYDIA!!!!,i contacted them to ask why they did it without my permission?? They said that its normal procedure to update firmware when they run a full check of the phone!!!
    I miss cydia 

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

OK My new iphone 4 didn't get here before apple plugged the JB (came with 4.0.2), it is going to replace another JB phone I have (which will go to my wife). My current thinking is to let new phone sit on the shelf until a 4.1 JB is ready. I need JB as I make use of MyWi to connect my iPad3g (ATT rates ridiculous- tried the $15/250) to it. So my question is do I have to activate my new phone now to use umbrella to save off the shsh blobs in order to be able to JB when 4.1 JB comes out ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3GS user View Post
    So will the upcoming 4.1 jailbreak work for 3GS once you upgrade from 4.0.2?
    The new jailbreak could even conceivably work on 4.0.2, depending on the exploit they employ.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary390 View Post
    If u send it back for warranty it WILL come back with 4.0.2FW!!,i just got mine back from apple,NO MORE CYDIA!!!!,i contacted them to ask why they did it without my permission?? They said that its normal procedure to update firmware when they run a full check of the phone!!!
    I miss cydia 
    Sent 'em a jailbroken phone for warranty service, and ***** at 'em when they restore it and remove the jb! That's ballsy!
    Last edited by Trooper Sam; 09-03-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guidenes View Post
    i don't know if this is mention.

but did anyone try restoring it from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 or 4.0?
    i tried on a 3gS from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 and it worked,
    and also my friend got his iPhone 4 back on 4.0, i'm guessing he tried

yes so people who updated, try restoring it.

hope this helps
    hi guidenes, when you say you've restored..u had the shsh blobs saved on cydia correct? is there a way to restore from 4.0.2 to 4.0 if the shsh is not saved?

Thanks

There is no way to downgrade without SHSH but:
    Update #2: Finally got to the bottom of this, thanks to Saurik who clarified it for me. It seems that more shsh are on file and even some of you that havent ever jailbroken and just got a new iphone may actually have an shsh on file. Itís definitely worth a try to set up Saurikís signature server in your hosts file and try to restore that way. You may get lucky and get a downgrade even on a new device.

source: downgrade iphone 4.0.2 without shsh | iPhone News, Help and Guides
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    You can most def downgrade from 4.0.2.. I had to upgrade my brother in laws phone because it was bricked, then just pointed the servers to sauriks, and it downgraded to 4.0.1 within minutes

Thanks

If you pointed your hosts to Saurik's server then he had your SHSH on file!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any got any suggestions I have 4.0 but updating rock nd put a dylb or somethin in my library nd now I'm stuck in safe mode any help to get outa that would be really nice cause it's kinda pissin me off

Thanks

Do you have your blobs on file?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am not sure if I have "successfully" downgraded, but I am now at the iTunes+USB screen and Tiny Umbrella says I am at 4.0 version. I am willing to believe it

Now I am waiting for the Phonebook sim I ordered online to activate the iPhone and get in to it, to jailbreak and unlock using jailbreakme.com

For the record, I did not save my SHSH blobs on Saurik's server. All this talk about "..well you had the blobs on file" is pointless, because clearly in some cases the blobs are there on Saurik's server, perhaps without any intervention. So this is definately no. 1 in the list of things to do if you wish to downgrade.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456