Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Don't Expect a Jailbreak for iOS 4.0.2/3.2.2

What about the iPod nano jailbreak?

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Edit:
    Per your post on the other thread,
    (3GS, new bootrom, 4.0.0, 4.0.1 SHSH)

'Yes you can'
    Ya I finally figured it out. It's very annoying though because I have to rejailbreak and install cydia apps...

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No it doesn't. Not by itself.
    My bad, I should have been more specific...

No, the actual act of jailbreaking the phone will not slow your phone or ipod down. However, almost every jailbreaker will experience a decrease in speed (of varying significance) due to the new options enabled/installed once jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    trouble is, jailbreaking allows users to step out of the Eden that Apple gave us to play in.
    Outside the garden lie fewer protections from the consequences of being a feeping idjit.

If I read paganizonda correctly, I think he or she is asking that Apple build a new OS release so clever and subtle,
    that users are kept coddled and unable to mess and bollox up their iOS system with poorly built software
    and poorly thought out personal choices, even after jailbreaking.

Me? I just want a pony.
    You couldn't be more wrong.

Owell I had to buy a I phone4 as my j/b 3GS bit the dust and I have the shsh backed up but. cannot use it on my 4,0.2 and all my paid apps are useless! No one will even tell me there's hope! I give up! Apple wins!

Where is jailbreakme.com ? The web page is not working! Any one else noticed it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but jailbreaking typically DOES slow down iDevices.
    The jailbreak itself doesn't slow it down. It's when you start adding things like sbsettings, themes and other stuff is when it starts to use more memory.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to skj8100 For This Useful Post:

dblkone (08-27-2010)

Thanks

I'm waiting for ios 4.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by telen View Post
    Owell I had to buy a I phone4 as my j/b 3GS bit the dust and I have the shsh backed up but. cannot use it on my 4,0.2 and all my paid apps are useless! No one will even tell me there's hope! I give up! Apple wins!
    Here, have some hope.

4.1 is just around the corner.

A jb for 4.1 will follow probably just days after that.

Surely a couple of weeks won't kill you, will it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i don't know if this is mention.

but did anyone try restoring it from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 or 4.0?
    i tried on a 3gS from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 and it worked,
    and also my friend got his iPhone 4 back on 4.0, i'm guessing he tried

yes so people who updated, try restoring it.

hope this helps

Now we all kno , you kno, and I kno, this is definitely NOT gonna stop the "when will a jailbreak for 4.02 come out?" or the "the messed up, they should release it because I bought it and it came with 4.02'n"

Hum I mis read it was late
    There is hope!

I don't understand you guys say it can't be jailbroken but I updated to 4.0.2 used ultrasn0w and it's jailbroken. I'm using cydia now. the only issue i'm having is getting it unlocked. I went into cydia and and added the repo666 but get the no sim when i use another sim card. Can someone drect me in how to unlock it some other way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This last line of the article is confusing "At best, some future 4.1x FW jailbreak *may* be compatible with 4.0.2/3.2.2 (but donít count on that)."
    So my new off the shelf 4 with 4.0.2 "may" not be jailbreak-able when they come out with the jailbreak for 4.1 ???
    I can certainly wait but if this new phone has no future possiblity of being jailbroken, I dont want it and want to return it.

what's so confusing. I used redsn0w to jailbreak my iphone3g and, went into cydya install ultrasnow. Believe me it's jailbroken but just not unlocked, meaning I can't use another sim card but ATT. So redsn0w does work on 4.0.2 for iphone3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by big boy wen View Post
    what's so confusing. I used redsn0w to jailbreak my iphone3g and, went into cydya install ultrasnow. Believe me it's jailbroken but just not unlocked, meaning I can't use another sim card but ATT. So redsn0w does work on 4.0.2 for iphone3G
    I specifically stated NEW Iphone FOUR with 4.0.2 pre installed, as in had it for 5 days, as in you're a dink!

There's no need for name calling. we are all here trying to give each other a hand with our phone problems. If that's what you want to do then take your Dinky a.. some where else.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to big boy wen For This Useful Post:

holygamer22 (08-27-2010)

I don't understand you guys say it can't be jailbroken but I updated to 4.0.2 used ultrasn0w and it's jailbroken. I'm using cydia now. the only issue i'm having is getting it unlocked. I went into cydia and and added the repo666 but get the no sim when i use another sim card. Can someone drect me in how to unlock it some other way.
    sorry, but do you know what you are talking about?
    First you say you used ultrasn0w and you are jailbroken(wrong) and then you are having issue unlocking it? man you are confused.

EDIT: well if you did for a Iphone 3G then thats fine as that is possible to JB with redsn0w but not Iphone 4 at 4.0.2.
    Last edited by alirz; 08-27-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Default here you go
    !!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dishsnthings View Post
    This last line of the article is confusing "At best, some future 4.1x FW jailbreak *may* be compatible with 4.0.2/3.2.2 (but donít count on that)."
    So my new off the shelf 4 with 4.0.2 "may" not be jailbreak-able when they come out with the jailbreak for 4.1 ???
    I can certainly wait but if this new phone has no future possiblity of being jailbroken, I dont want it and want to return it.
    Don't worry, you're phone will be fine. What the author was trying to say is that the jailbreaks typically are compatible with the two or three most recent updates to iOS. For example, jailbreakme.com v2.0 was the 4.0.1 jailbreak, but it was also capable of jailbreaking 4.0 and 3.1.3 (I forget if it worked on 3.1.2 or not). Basically, when 4.1 comes out, the jailbreak will come out (relatively) soon after and it may not work on 4.0.2 but your phone will certainly be jailbreakable if you update to 4.1 and then jailbroke it. Hope that cleared it up a little.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

dishsnthings (08-27-2010)

I had to buy a new phone, I have my shsh saved 3gs but you cannot transfer to the I-4 I did not know apple is comming out with 4.1, so if the Devs are looking to update that, then I am happy and don't mind the wait. And I know not to update at all when the phone is J/B. Like others when you read it it says not going to work on 4.0.2 and 4.1 makes sence now duh I understand now
    Thanks for the reply's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast