Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Traitorware:" EFF Warns About Apple Patent

Quote Originally Posted by jrrtps View Post
    For this reason I gave up for Iphone, and I use only Ipod, and I´m in love with my HTC Desire, it is more than i was espected from Android phone no missing any more Iphone.

jrrtps
    For this reason, huh?

For a reason that was unknown til now, never left the concept phase, and is still only left to speculation.

Sweet, anything else you can inform us of?

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    psh... Devs will disable Apple's ability to do this before starting the jailbreak process, yet another reason to jailbreak iPhones.
    I look forward to feeding them skewed results....

In 2011, Apple will release the iPhone 5, so that 2011 will be 1984.

Think Same
    Last edited by nerddownthestreet; 08-25-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Wrong Year

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blazew0n View Post
    i ain't worried about it, you can't stop hackers... They have and always figure out a way around it.
    nuff said....
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Banned
    Thanks

the more I hear about this latest invasion of privacy the more Im considering getting another phone.

I love my iphone 4 but I love my right to privacy and my constitutional rights a whole lot more.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

llmo128 (08-26-2010)

in the land of the free and the home of the brave
    Thanks

Yeah, if i remember correctly from my constitutional/bill of rights/some government article.. theres public domain and private domain. unless apple is the government...which they aren't (yet) they don't have a right to all that information. It's so ironic that when they started out with their 1984 commercial, to where they are now...it's just sad. I know i'm rambling on, but it's the truth.
    -_-

A face that says it all.

Thanks

Thank god for the apple kill switch.

i bet apple has been doing this for a year and they already know who has jb'ed iphones. we're all f****** if this patent gets passed

Yep creepy

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JayQuint87 For This Useful Post:

llmo128 (08-26-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    I'm sure the devs will find a way to trick it and feed it information from somewhere else, personally I'm not worried..
    Yes indeed...

Sorry Steve, its not going to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    What if you buy an iphone off a friend and its still registered to them?!

It still registered, but its not reported as stolen...
    Last edited by javiert30; 08-25-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

personaly im not worried either but still wtf?heart rate?camera monitering?this **** does not sound veryy friendly

Actually, the new legislation allows you todo as you please with your device, however, if you want to use Apple's software– you have to agree to the End-User Agreement in which they can put whatever they want (i.e. We can brick your phone if you tamper with the firmware.)– as long as you click "I agree" at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Comwiz View Post
    Actually, the new legislation allows you todo as you please with your device, however, if you want to use Apple's software– you have to agree to the End-User Agreement in which they can put whatever they want (i.e. We can brick your phone if you tamper with the firmware.)– as long as you click "I agree" at the end.
    Which is pretty much what I said earlier. But with a jailbreak they can bypass it and the worst that will happen is it voids the warranty. They cannot do anything about it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There's no way this would pass through. My phone is ok as long as the kill switch is turned off, right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't this what the killswitch is for?

The kills switch Apple has now is for Apps that they can kill. It hasn't been used but it has been there.

This is way over the line. The very fact that Apple is trying to patent this technology makes me never want to give the company a dollar of my money ever again... Whether it's ever implemented or not.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzmachine For This Useful Post:

that_girl (08-26-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

I really dont see this happening considering jail breaking is legal, and it would take one time for this info to leak out and Apple is done for. This will turn into another win for the good guys if it went to court, or some sort of legislation would be made specifically for companies so they can not do this. Apple will one day realize that when we buy the iPhone or any other iDevice that it is our property, and we are responsible for when it gets lost or stolen. Apple will more than likely put on a front saying its protecting its customers, sorry we dont need that, just create an app for that and well be happy. I am a big Apple fan but this would take it to far.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to macsoldier For This Useful Post:

that_girl (08-26-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fineally01 View Post
    thats a scary thing... and also a invasion of privicy!!! let me find out that they're doin that **** to me and I'm suing someone
    The scary thing here is that it's not an invasion of privacy if you AGREE to it. All it takes is forcing you to agree to it in order to use the product via EULA and you are screwed out of your planned lawsuit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    The scary thing here is that it's not an invasion of privacy if you AGREE to it. All it takes is forcing you to agree to it in order to use the product via EULA and you are screwed out of your planned lawsuit.
    I agree. The apple products are great but the restrictions implied are ridiculous I'm not gonna sit here and worry about it Till it has been passed and announce If u gonna switch to android
    Go ahead god knows what googles doing with ur info already. + apple want probobably imply it as the risk is tremendous imagine if they got hacked the entire iPhone community with millions of users will get screwed butthen it'll
    Probably attract gov attention.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast