+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Traitorware:" EFF Warns About Apple Patent

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
these are the reasons im slowly moving away from apple im tire of there bs used to be all apple now i got rid of my macbook pro went back
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

these are the reasons im slowly moving away from apple im tire of there bs used to be all apple now i got rid of my macbook pro went back to windows

go rid of my iPod too and traded my iPhone 4 for a samsung galaxy s and some cash

sorry apple but ur polices are starting to get fckin snnoying just leave the jailbreakers alone hell people buy the device just to jailbreak and that = more money for u so if u stop it devs will just go to another phone -_-

im happy with windows 7 and android they sure have impoved over the years and i dont think ill ever go back to apple products anymore

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple is determined to make themselves as hated as Microsoft. (EDIT -- Or, I should say, as hated as Microsoft once was.)

Either way, it's inevitable that "hipsters" will start to hate Apple, as Apple increasingly becomes the dominate cultural force. Because that is what "hipsters" do -- hate the dominant cultural force in favor of a newer cultural force.

Getting a "big brother" reputation is just the type of thing that could lead the "hipster" backlash against Apple.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chasev2 For This Useful Post:

-_- (08-25-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    went back to windows
    Blasphemy!! (IMHO)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    these are the reasons im slowly moving away from apple im tire of there bs used to be all apple now i got rid of my macbook pro went back to windows

go rid of my iPod too and traded my iPhone 4 for a samsung galaxy s and some cash

sorry apple but ur polices are starting to get fckin snnoying just leave the jailbreakers alone hell people buy the device just to jailbreak and that = more money for u so if u stop it devs will just go to another phone -_-

im happy with windows 7 and android they sure have impoved over the years and i dont think ill ever go back to apple products anymore
    jeeze...pull down your dress nancy. nothing to get your panties all in a bunch about and do something rash like sell off everything Mac of yours...
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

as soon as this stars im switching to Sprint and Evo HTC crap ! lol so long apple ! lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

There is probably more to this story than we are reading from this one article. Apple can't set your phone to take pictures remotely without your consent as well as anyone else who had their picture taken by your phone. It is invasion of privacy on a larger scale. Plus no matter how much money Apple has, the government has more power and can put an injunction in place barring any tactics that would eventually be found to be illegal. Furthermore, like some of you said, the jailbreakers will have a field day with this and I foresee lots of locations being sent to Apple as "your mom's house" and a vast plethora of *** and hairy nutsack pictures. Apple is asking for it haha. Let's see what unfolds and what Apple produces then we can fearmonger at that point in time.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Anything else?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    There is probably more to this story than we are reading from this one article. Apple can't set your phone to take pictures remotely without your consent as well as anyone else who had their picture taken by your phone. It is invasion of privacy on a larger scale. Plus no matter how much money Apple has, the government has more power and can put an injunction in place barring any tactics that would eventually be found to be illegal. Furthermore, like some of you said, the jailbreakers will have a field day with this and I foresee lots of locations being sent to Apple as "your mom's house" and a vast plethora of *** and hairy nutsack pictures. Apple is asking for it haha. Let's see what unfolds and what Apple produces then we can fearmonger at that point in time.
    All it takes is a EULA when you plug in your phone to activate/upgrade and boom they can do what ever you agreed even though you never read it.

-_-
    in the land of the free and the home of the brave
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    jeeze...pull down your dress nancy. nothing to get your panties all in a bunch about and do something rash like sell off everything Mac of yours...
    its not like he's doing it just because of this. maybe he enjoys android and windows more then overpriced macs and iphones (imo, please don't take offense :P)

it's more like this is just another reason.
    "the last straw" so to speak
    -_-

A face that says it all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to -_- For This Useful Post:

rruready (08-31-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

i know that the devs will find a way so disable the kill switch but this whole thing is a load of BULL!!! im glad i am no longer thinking about getting an iphone. i was going to wait for the iphone 5 or get the HTC Desire or the Droid X. my 3g will be my last and only iphone. switching to Android i love my sisters and my friends android phones. im tired of apple and their whole stupid attempt to try and control the entire world. the only apple product i will continue to purchase will be an ipod and macs

Thanks

And people thought Obama would be assassinated...

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Put on your foil hats, boys!

Thanks

yes, go google/android.

heaven knows they dont collect any of your info.....

Last edited by renegad3; 08-25-2010 at 06:17 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to renegad3 For This Useful Post:

soulthoughts (08-26-2010), vinaygoel2000 (08-25-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

man apple is goin too far with this,the sad thing is no matter how many people jailbreak their phone in the world apple still sell a lot of phones and apps.i wish someone would make a better phone/device like an ipad phone mix i would get it and never look back at apple ever again.

Thanks

ALL YOUR IPHONES ARE BELONG TO US!

Really? Why? Wouldn't it be illegal to create malaware? Hmm...
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    there is probably more to this story than we are reading from this one article. Apple can't set your phone to take pictures remotely without your consent as well as anyone else who had their picture taken by your phone. It is invasion of privacy on a larger scale. Plus no matter how much money apple has, the government has more power and can put an injunction in place barring any tactics that would eventually be found to be illegal. Furthermore, like some of you said, the jailbreakers will have a field day with this and i foresee lots of locations being sent to apple as "your mom's house" and a vast plethora of *** and hairy nutsack pictures. Apple is asking for it haha. Let's see what unfolds and what apple produces then we can fearmonger at that point in time.

LOL!!!
    Last edited by swifty7; 08-25-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks

Apple has to be the single most ridiculous technology company on the face of the planet. There is literally no way to justify what they're doing with this patent and any self-proclaimed "fanboys" should seriously reconsider their brand loyalty because the only thing Apple has going for it now is the hip factor associated with their products. There is no more quality, there is no more sincerity, there is only greed.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luppin For This Useful Post:

punjabi212 (08-25-2010), reanimationxp (08-26-2010), sonupwr (08-26-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Apple has to be the single most ridiculous technology company on the face of the planet. There is literally no way to justify what they're doing with this patent and any self-proclaimed "fanboys" should seriously reconsider their brand loyalty because the only thing Apple has going for it now is the hip factor associated with their products. There is no more quality, there is no more sincerity, there is only greed.
    +1

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punjabi212 For This Useful Post:

sonupwr (08-26-2010), Tamkis (09-04-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    LOl that made me laugh thx

but to late for that -_-

Quote Originally Posted by -_- View Post
    its not like he's doing it just because of this. maybe he enjoys android and windows more then overpriced macs and iphones (imo, please don't take offense :P)

it's more like this is just another reason.
    "the last straw" so to speak
    yup thats true

apple products get better and better but the damn company gets worse and worse everday -_-

i do miss osx and its hard to get back used to windows and android but damn apple all this bs u pull is just lame

if they let us do what we want with the **** we pay for them damn ill gladly come back to the apple world
    Last edited by sheon; 08-25-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sheon For This Useful Post:

-_- (08-25-2010), reanimationxp (08-26-2010)

Thanks

Isnt there already a killswitch cydia disables? Are we talking about the same one or a diff one?

NVM: the one we know of stops apple from deleting apps that they have taken off the shelves.