Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: GameCenter, Proximity Sensor Fix in iOS 4.1

  1. #41
    btw can anyone get me a copy of the latest release of Game Center.app?
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend

  2. #42
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post

    its game center not game centre no wonder your not excited you need to reread it. Its exciting lol
    It depends on where you are from. Why criticize someone over spelling anyways? It is infantile. I, for one, enjoy the auto correction feature. It helps with the tiny keyboard that Apple raves about.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Whoah there! While "issues", plural, is correct, note that the article did not say the same thing. It very well may only address one or the other.



    "The" issue? There are at least two. Muffled audio is usually caused by the switching to Bluetooth after the call is established. I believe that the noise canceling mic remains active when it is only supposed to activate during handset calls. The other is a signal issue that sometimes manifests as EXTREMELY limited range, garbled audio ("robot voice"), or disconnecting/reconnecting (yes, triggering the muffled audio issue).

    My brother and I have been through four units and all four exhibit ALL of these problems with the same Bluetooth accessories which worked fine on our 3GS and 3G iPhones. Apple refuses to replace them again. I hate the vague wording of this because it fails to acknowledge multiple BT issues and even words the face sensor fix in a way that indicates more of a work-around than a fix (for example, using the accelerometers/gyro after the screen cuts off and setting a much longer "wake up" time if the IR sensor stops sensing a face and the accelerometers don't detect the proper movements).
    And theres the small issue of IOS not synching contacts to any European incar bluetooth system without corrupting the lot

  4. #44
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    apple already knew about these bugs and figured to release the iphone 4 anyway

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by numanair View Post
    Lol at CZroe "face sensor"
    What's so funny? Is something wrong with it? The proximity sensor is used to detect proximity to your face, thus, it can also be called a face sensor. I'm posting on an iPhone and it's simply much easier to type.

  6. #46
    hey guys im new to the posting thing and have a problem with my iphone and dont know where to post what i have to say.
    in any case i deleted 3 files from my iphone hoping it would fix my youtube on my jailbroken phone but before saving the files i deleted them and i know it was my mistake, the 3 files were located in private/var/root/library/lockdown. i have installed other 3 files from a mates iphone but still in itunes on my laptop its coming up with an error message saying itunes cannot identify my device with itunes,
    is there any way of fixing this after i made the mistake of deleting my iphojne files which seemed to be my iphone recognition files for itunes and if i was to put my iphone into dfu and restore it would it be basically like starting 'my' iphone from start??????( as in if i restored it would itunes notice it as my iphone and reinstall everything i had on it???
    any help would be really appreciated..

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    And theres the small issue of IOS not synching contacts to any European incar bluetooth system without corrupting the lot
    Is that iOS4-specific? I've tried my Jabra BT8010 on everything from 2.0 to 4.0.2 and CID only works until you add the number to your contact list, as if the iPhone is trying to force alphanumeric strings on a device that may only support numeric CID (cross-references the number with an internal contact list loaded from a PC), but it worked fine with my Parrot SK4000 (Phone Book Access Profile, CID) and a Rocketfish BT headset that reads you CID using TTS synthesis (numeric only).

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    It depends on where you are from. Why criticize someone over spelling anyways? It is infantile. I, for one, enjoy the auto correction feature. It helps with the tiny keyboard that Apple raves about.
    He also criticized then used the wrong "you're" and "it's" (twice!) in the same post. You missed a golden opportunity.
    Last edited by CZroe; 08-22-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #48
    I have an iPhone 4 in the uk. Is game centre only available in the US because I have never had it on my phone?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel0607 View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 in the uk. Is game centre only available in the US because I have never had it on my phone?
    No its available everywhere, its just that right now its only available in beta versions of firmwares

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

    kalel0607 (08-28-2010)

  11. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by fitz1985 View Post
    hey guys im new to the posting thing and have a problem with my iphone and dont know where to post what i have to say.
    in any case i deleted 3 files from my iphone hoping it would fix my youtube on my jailbroken phone but before saving the files i deleted them and i know it was my mistake, the 3 files were located in private/var/root/library/lockdown. i have installed other 3 files from a mates iphone but still in itunes on my laptop its coming up with an error message saying itunes cannot identify my device with itunes,
    is there any way of fixing this after i made the mistake of deleting my iphojne files which seemed to be my iphone recognition files for itunes and if i was to put my iphone into dfu and restore it would it be basically like starting 'my' iphone from start??????( as in if i restored it would itunes notice it as my iphone and reinstall everything i had on it???
    any help would be really appreciated..
    First, visit this page:
    www.iwillstophijackingthreads.com

    and agree to the terms there. Download the firmware installer that matches your phone, and save to your desktop. Go to "ethernet" in your windows control panel, right click on a connection with the longest name, and select "Send file through tubes". Choose the firmware file on your desktop. It will then be ready to transmit. Hook your iPhone up to your computer via an RJ45 cable, and hit Send. All done!

    Oh I almost forgot, be sure to delete system32 afterward or none of this will work after reboot.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

  12. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    First, visit this page:
    www.iwillstophijackingthreads.com

    and agree to the terms there. Download the firmware installer that matches your phone, and save to your desktop. Go to "ethernet" in your windows control panel, right click on a connection with the longest name, and select "Send file through tubes". Choose the firmware file on your desktop. It will then be ready to transmit. Hook your iPhone up to your computer via an RJ45 cable, and hit Send. All done!

    Oh I almost forgot, be sure to delete system32 afterward or none of this will work after reboot.
    This

  13. #52
    What's Jailbreak? ShredNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts

    Yikes!

  14. #53
    Default iphone models
    more models are found in iphones

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •