Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Vimeo Shuns Flash for Apple

  1. #21
    iPhoneaholic unklbyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA & Europe
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts

    LONG LIVE FLASH!
    I do need and use it. I will not buy an ipad untill they get a damn clue. USB ports, flash, and maybe a compatable CD rom reader.
    unklbyl

  2. #22
    Flash fanboys if you actually cared about flash on iPhone you would have known about frash and would have installed it already. obviously your whining about something that was already out thanks to some hardworking devolopers >.>

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Right behind you!!
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rand0mnet View Post
    I think it's pretty hilarious that you guys are going on about fanboyism and evil monopolies, when Apple is pretty much the most evil monopoly around at the moment, and also has the most devout and idiotic fanboys.

    I'm all for choice but some of you are just stupid.
    And that includes you pal. Have a read about real corporate evil United States v. Microsoft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia To quote from the case. "Brad Chase, a Microsoft vice president, verified the government's tape and conceded that Microsoft's own tape was falsified." "Microsoft had taken actions to crush threats to that monopoly, including Apple, Java, Netscape, Lotus Notes, Real Networks, Linux, and others." To quote the findings of the case, fact: Microsoft executives had "proved, time and time again, to be inaccurate, misleading, evasive, and transparently false. ... Microsoft is a company with an institutional disdain for both the truth and for rules of law that lesser entities must respect. It is also a company whose senior management is not averse to offering specious testimony to support spurious defenses to claims of its wrongdoing." Who's evil now? The tidal wave memo by Bill Gates. Anyone who really wants to understand Microsoft business practices should read the memo. http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/exhibits/20.pdf

    But seeing as you're a M$ fanboy , you'd look the other way. People in glass houses shouldn't throw insinuations. M$ are the only IT company sued by the US government for anti competitive actions deliberately designed to undermine competition. They killed netscape and stole the code to build IE and were sued over that too. (Cost them US$520 mil). They were ordered to break up their devisions because of their blood thirsty greed, but the court backed off on that. You wana talk tough about evil, greedy monopolies, look in you own backyard. They wrote the how to for dummies on corporate evil, fool. Hilarious, that about sums your comments up. Fanboy. noun
    informal derogatory an obsessive male fan (usually of movies, comic books, Microsoft or science fiction).
    ORIGIN from fan 2 + boy .

    Anyone who so badly wants flash on their iPhones or other ios device would do well to read this, just to be informed. http://blog.laptopmag.com/mobile-fla...ves-jobs-right
    Last edited by Tyronal; 08-20-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    And that includes you pal. Have a read about real corporate evil United States v. Microsoft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia To quote from the case. "Brad Chase, a Microsoft vice president, verified the government's tape and conceded that Microsoft's own tape was falsified." "Microsoft had taken actions to crush threats to that monopoly, including Apple, Java, Netscape, Lotus Notes, Real Networks, Linux, and others." To quote the findings of the case, fact: Microsoft executives had "proved, time and time again, to be inaccurate, misleading, evasive, and transparently false. ... Microsoft is a company with an institutional disdain for both the truth and for rules of law that lesser entities must respect. It is also a company whose senior management is not averse to offering specious testimony to support spurious defenses to claims of its wrongdoing." Who's evil now? The tidal wave memo by Bill Gates. Anyone who really wants to understand Microsoft business practices should read the memo. http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/exhibits/20.pdf

    But seeing as you're a M$ fanboy , you'd look the other way. People in glass houses shouldn't throw insinuations. M$ are the only IT company sued by the US government for anti competitive actions deliberately designed to undermine competition. They killed netscape and stole the code to build IE and were sued over that too. (Cost them US$520 mil). They were ordered to break up their devisions because of their blood thirsty greed, but the court backed off on that. You wana talk tough about evil, greedy monopolies, look in you own backyard. They wrote the how to for dummies on corporate evil, fool. Hilarious, that about sums your comments up. Fanboy. noun
    informal derogatory an obsessive male fan (usually of movies, comic books, Microsoft or science fiction).
    ORIGIN from fan 2 + boy .

    Anyone who so badly wants flash on their iPhones or other ios device would do well to read this, just to be informed. Mobile Flash Fail: Weak Android Player Proves Jobs Right
    In this entire first paragraph you could replace microsoft with apple and internet explorer with safari. Not in the legal aspect but what they're doing.

    "United States v. Microsoft was a set of consolidated civil actions filed against Microsoft Corporation pursuant to the Sherman Antitrust Act on May 18, 1998 by the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) and 20 U.S. states. Joel I. Klein was the lead prosecutor. The plaintiffs alleged that Microsoft abused monopoly power on Intel-based personal computers in its handling of operating system sales and web browser sales. The issue central to the case was whether Microsoft was allowed to bundle its flagship Internet Explorer (IE) web browser software with its Microsoft Windows operating system. Bundling them together is alleged to have been responsible for Microsoft's victory in the browser wars as every Windows user had a copy of Internet Explorer. It was further alleged that this unfairly[citation needed] restricted the market for competing web browsers (such as Netscape Navigator or Opera) that were slow to download over a modem or had to be purchased at a store. Underlying these disputes were questions over whether Microsoft altered or manipulated its application programming interfaces (APIs) to favor Internet Explorer over third party web browsers, Microsoft's conduct in forming restrictive licensing agreements with original equipment manufacturer (OEMs), and Microsoft's intent in its course of conduct."

    Apple does the exact same thing with safari that microsoft does with internet explorer. The only difference? Microsoft was the first one to do it so they caught all the crap. Also, this case ended in 2001.

    And since when does everyone who uses something or buys something make them a "fanboy" of it? Last time I checked I bought windows 7 because I like how it works not because I love windows and hate apple. You, obviously, are just filled with hate towards microsoft and every user of windows. Finally, you're a huge hypocrite saying "But seeing as you're a M$ fanboy , you'd look the other way". You ignore the fact that this case is void in any argument about microsoft vs. apple because apple now does the exact same thing.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Right behind you!!
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    In this entire first paragraph you could replace microsoft with apple and internet explorer with safari. Not in the legal aspect but what they're doing.

    "United States v. Microsoft was a set of consolidated civil actions filed against Microsoft Corporation pursuant to the Sherman Antitrust Act on May 18, 1998 by the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) and 20 U.S. states. Joel I. Klein was the lead prosecutor. The plaintiffs alleged that Microsoft abused monopoly power on Intel-based personal computers in its handling of operating system sales and web browser sales. The issue central to the case was whether Microsoft was allowed to bundle its flagship Internet Explorer (IE) web browser software with its Microsoft Windows operating system. Bundling them together is alleged to have been responsible for Microsoft's victory in the browser wars as every Windows user had a copy of Internet Explorer. It was further alleged that this unfairly[citation needed] restricted the market for competing web browsers (such as Netscape Navigator or Opera) that were slow to download over a modem or had to be purchased at a store. Underlying these disputes were questions over whether Microsoft altered or manipulated its application programming interfaces (APIs) to favor Internet Explorer over third party web browsers, Microsoft's conduct in forming restrictive licensing agreements with original equipment manufacturer (OEMs), and Microsoft's intent in its course of conduct."

    Apple does the exact same thing with safari that microsoft does with internet explorer. The only difference? Microsoft was the first one to do it so they caught all the crap. Also, this case ended in 2001.

    And since when does everyone who uses something or buys something make them a "fanboy" of it? Last time I checked I bought windows 7 because I like how it works not because I love windows and hate apple. You, obviously, are just filled with hate towards microsoft and every user of windows. Finally, you're a huge hypocrite saying "But seeing as you're a M$ fanboy , you'd look the other way". You ignore the fact that this case is void in any argument about microsoft vs. apple because apple now does the exact same thing.
    You assume much but know nothing. If you actually knew most of why M$ were sued, you would know that M$ deliberately tied IE to the OS directly so you couldn't actually uninstall IE without seriously affecting the running of windows (this was proved in court and admitted to by M$). They shipped IE with windows and said it was free, but they were paying subsides to OEM's to make it run on their hardware, pushing others out. THAT is why the anti trust suit was filed, not because they put in a free browser with the OS. I left using a PC a long time ago. And no, I don't have a Mapple either. In the video mentioned in the case, M$ tampered with their video proving that downloading and installing netscape was simple. It was not. They made it as difficult as they could to download and run netscape. They even changed their OS coding to make it almost impossible to use netscape plugins, these were deliberate actions to crush competition. On the Apple/safari debate. You can delete safari and install any other browser you like. It is part of the OS bundle but not tied to the OS. It's not illegal to add it as part of the package, but it is when it's tied to the OS like M$ did. Geez, before apple had safari my office had Macs running IE, then they went with netscape. The debate is about business practices and so far apple haven't been sued by the DOJ and haven't engaged in anti competitive practices. So I pointed out that M$ are actually evil and you don't like that by saying it's void, it was their intent that stinks and how THEY want to rule the IT world. I don't want ANY company ruling the net or the IT world thanks. Apple haven't acted the way M$ have and no, they don't do the same thing. Just because you hate apple doesn't make them automatically evil. So they make products that work and people wish to own, sue them. They don't do anything half cocked. You give me facts on apples anti competitive practices and we'll have a comparison, until then don't called "evil" where it doesn't exist. Yep, I hate M$ with a passion and for very good reasons, but I don't "hate" its users either, I pity them. I'm not a fanboy of mapple (they do lift code and use it without license like many do) but as a business man, I don't have an issue with them. They have the IT marketing world worked out and do what they do so well. All good businesses follow their modelling. If M$ hadn't gained 95% market share early on, they would have gone bust by now. Apart from windows, what else do they do so well?

    Don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message!
    Last edited by Tyronal; 08-20-2010 at 09:02 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    You assume much but know nothing. If you actually knew most of why M$ were sued, you would know that M$ deliberately tied IE to the OS directly so you couldn't actually uninstall IE without seriously affecting the running of windows. They shipped IE with windows and said it was free, but they were paying subsides to OEM's to make it run on their hardware, pushing others out. THAT is why the anti trust suit was filed and why I left using a PC a long time ago. And no, I don't have a Mapple either. In the video mentioned in the case, M$ tampered with their video proving that downloading and installing netscape was simple. It was not. They made it as difficult as they could to download and run netscape. They even change their OS coding to make it almost impossible to use netscape plugins. On the Apple/safari debate. You can delete safari and install any other browser you like. Geez, before apple had safari my office had Macs running IE, then they went with netscape. The debate is about business practices and so far apple haven't been sued by the DOJ and haven't engaged in anti competitive practices. So I pointed out that M$ are actually evil and you don't like that by saying it's void, it was their intent that stinks and how THEY want to rule the IT world. Apple haven't acted the way M$ have. Just because you hate apple doesn't make them automatically evil. So they make products that work and people wish to own, sue them. They don't do anything half cocked. You give me facts on apples anti competitive practices and we'll have a comparison, until then don't called "evil" where it doesn't exist. Yep, I hate M$ with a passion and very good reason, I'm not a fanboy of mapple (they do lift code and use it without license like many do) but as a business man, I don't have an issue with them. They have the IT marketing world worked out and do what they do so well. All good businesses follow their modelling.

    Don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message!
    I don't hate apple that's why I own an iphone......... You on the other hand are deeply in love with apple. This message you are supposedly delivering is over 9 years old. Either you hold a very long grudge on a company or you are a very very slow messenger. You can't say a microsoft sucks on the basis that 9 years ago they tried to make internet explorer the only browser you could run on there OS. If you truly are a good business man you'd know that microsoft has since then(in the last 9 years) made basically anything and everything compatible with windows, including all variations of internet browsers. You can't hold a grudge on a company for 9 years thinking that they'll just stay the same forever. Apple has the IT worked out yes I would agree with that. Apple has their IT world worked out the way they want it and only the way they want it. They may not implement software that would be extremely hard to remove from your computer but they do restrict a lot of things from working on their devices(I can give you many examples of this; in fact, the very article you're reading is an example). They do this because they're smart, if they made it extremely hard to remove it would be against the law, but if they make a lot of restrictions it isn't.

    Seriously get over your love addiction with apple. Saying all good businesses follow their modeling is just something the people you hate, "fanboys", would say. And I didn't know all good businesses point fingers to other companies when they have problems (you probably haven't heard this yet because it's recent but apple had a hardware problem with the antenna on the iphone 4 so they basically said "but everyone else has the problem too"). Apple thinks they're perfect and it's cult does too that's the only problem I have with apple. And yes apple "fanboys" have been upgraded to a cult. They have a deep burning hatred for anything not apple and will say anything to make everything else seem evil or worthless(not just microsoft products).

    You, again, are still a hypocrite. "Just because you hate apple doesn't make them automatically evil". The same goes with you and microsoft except the only difference is I don't hate apple. You assume that I do hate apple which is why I almost can't take you seriously. Don't assume things you don't know, that's bad business(I didn't think I'd have to tell a "business man" that). Tell me where I said I hate apple or I think they're evil.

    "You give me facts on apples anti competitive practices and we'll have a comparison, until then don't called "evil" where it doesn't exist."
    Point out one thing in any of my posts saying apple is evil. Please try I need a good laugh. And I did just give you a anti competitive practice example but I guess I'll give you another one. Here's one you might find interesting, OS X can only be run, legally, on apple built computers(you can run windows on literally every laptop including apple built laptops you probably don't know that because you're stuck in the past)limiting users to only their product if they want to run OS X. What if I don't like macbook pro and I want a different computer but I want to run OS X? Too bad you must buy an apple built computer to do that.

    And please, can you call something by it's name for once. It's APPLE and MICROSOFT. Not mapple and m$.

    I know if I don't say this you're going to cling on to this as your entire argument, I am not an apple hater or a microsoft "fanboy". They both have their good things and their bad things.

    EDIT: I just read your last part and almost fell out of my chair laughing. And this is the main reason why "If M$ hadn't gained 95% market share early on, they would have gone bust by now." First, how in the world can you start an insult to anything with "if they hadn't gained 95% market share". Second, microsoft isn't going bust nor was it ever near busting, and it's still very strong(until recently the biggest). Finally, microsoft was on top of the computer developing world until late last may, and that's mainly because of the huge success of the iphone.

    Here I am this entire time thinking we were talking about computers but you're bringing everything into the picture. Apple makes the iphone and OS X. Microsoft makes windows and Xbox. I bet you didn't know microsoft makes Xbox but it's one of the best gaming systems(I personally like ps3 better). Just because microsoft is weak in the smartphone world doesn't mean they're a weak company. And microsoft makes windows well because that's what they do, they make operating systems. They don't worry about the design aspect they let other companies make the laptops while they devote all of their time developing an operating system that works well. I'll tell you vista sucked ***. Windows XP and windows 7 kick *** though. Windows xp is still used for business and windows 7 is actually very good. I'm actually very surprised it's doing so well after the disaster we call vista. It runs smoothly and even more surprising I haven't had a virus on it yet.
    Last edited by robertr1; 08-20-2010 at 09:47 PM.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Right behind you!!
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    ^^^^^^^^^

    Your bias is showing!!! I have an iPhone. That's it. Admiration is different to love, in business you ignore best practice at your peril. You OBVIOUSLY hate apple, your rant is clear about that. Go ahead, love your M$ rubbish, but don't lecture about honesty and hypocrisy. Hypocrite, did you just learn that word at school or something? You use it a lot but without any relevance to anything whatsoever other than a veiled attempt to offend. FAIL.

    The track record of a company is always relevant as it conveys their intent. M$'s intent was clear and contemptuous and those who choose to ignore or wash over are fooling themselves. BTW the case went on almost 10 years and rulings were being made just a few years ago, so not ancient history, recent history.

    They've been doing it since they started. What will be their next attempt to take over the world? Have they changed??? Who knows what ape man Ballmer is thinking, he changes his mind more often than his underwear. Wouldn't trust them. My issues with them are business based and their contempt for the dealings we had with them was reason to cut ties with them. That's all i can say on that.

    Chrome OS will wipe the floor and you'll see how windows will fall.

    "Finally, microsoft was on top of the computer developing world", oh god you ought to be a comedian, really. My answer to that is one word. VISTA. Garbage more like it. You should get out and try more systems other than M$. Ubuntu is a good place to start. No viruses there champ! You get to kick "APPLE" and I get to kick "MICROSOFT". We're even (apart from the fact your argument lacks any facts, just opinion).
    Last edited by Tyronal; 08-20-2010 at 10:48 PM.

  8. #28
    ME was not great either.


    Warning for ahead; keep it a clean debate. Just warning because seen some of these turn ugly.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

    Tyronal (08-20-2010)

  10. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Right behind you!!
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    ME was not great either.


    Warning for ahead; keep it a clean debate. Just warning because seen some of these turn ugly.
    Duly noted. I won't respond to any more trolls.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^

    Your bias is showing!!! I have an iPhone. That's it. Admiration is different to love fool. You OBVIOUSLY hate apple, your rant is clear about that. Go ahead, love your M$ rubbish, but don't lecture about honesty and hypocrisy. Hypocrite, did you just learn that word at school or something? You use it a lot but without any relevance to anything whatsoever other than a veiled attempt to offend. FAIL.

    The track record of a company is always relevant as it conveys their intent. M$'s intent was clear and contemptuous and those who choose to ignore or wash over are fooling themselves. They've been doing it since they started. What will be their next attempt to take over the world? Have they changed??? Who knows what ape man Ballmer is thinking, he changes his mind more often than his underwear. Wouldn't trust them. My issues with them are business based and their contempt for the dealings we had with them was reason to cut ties with them. That's all i can say on that.

    "Finally, microsoft was on top of the computer developing world", oh god you ought to be a comedian, really. My answer to that is one word. VISTA. Garbage more like it. You should get out and try more systems other than M$ (oh, sooo sorry, don't cry, microsuck ah I mean soft) Ubuntu is a good place to start. No viruses there champ! You get to kick "APPLE" and I get to kick "MICROSOFT". We're even (apart from the fact your argument lacks any facts, just opinion). Anyway it's past your bed time. nite nite.
    Haha you're amusing. My argument is bias? You outright say you hate microsoft and love apple. I don't hate apple, again you're assuming even though I've continuously said I don't hate apple. Also, when I said on top of the computer world I meant in terms of size. If you were really not stuck in the past you would know that apple recently passed microsoft in terms of size in May.

    Oh and there we go again with vista. Did you not read my entire post? I clearly said vista was a failure and trash. But then again you are stuck in the past and conveniently leave windows 7 out of the picture.

    FYI I do have Ubuntu and I use it quite often and I have used OS X. But I forgot you love to assume things.

    And you say I base my things are based on opinions and not facts.... Is apple just passed microsoft in size in May not clearly a fact to you? Is apple not legally allowing their OS on anything but apple built devices not clearly a fact to you?

    Don't hate things you haven't tried and by haven't tried I mean don't assume windows 7 is a magnet to viruses like vista if you haven't used it. I've used windows 7 since it came out and didn't run a virus scan until last month. Guess what? 0 viruses found. Why am I saying this? Because I hate when apple fans use the "but apples don't have viruses" phrase. Why? Because it's old and only used by people who have nothing else to say.

    Also, name calling for anything or anyone just makes you seem like a child. If you want to be taken seriously by anyone don't use playground arguments from grade school.

    And, no matter how you put it you are a hypocrite. Insult(or attempt) all you want but saying "Just because you hate apple doesn't make them automatically evil" even though you hate microsoft so that automatically makes them evil to you. And again, I don't hate apple.

    So, stop being a jackass and grow up. Really? "oh, sooo sorry, don't cry" "Anyway it's past your bed time. nite nite." Seriously what are you like 10? You have nothing so you turn to insults. I'm done with you I don't talk to adults that act like children when it comes to a debate on something. Adults don't have debates like children on a playground. Grow up, seriously.

    Oh and side note: Trolls use insults.


    Warning for ahead; keep it a clean debate. Just warning because seen some of these turn ugly.
    I try but he obviously can't so I'm done with him. I don't debate with adults who act like children.
    Last edited by robertr1; 08-20-2010 at 10:47 PM.

  12. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Right behind you!!
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    Haha you're amusing. My argument is bias? You outright say you hate microsoft and love apple. I don't hate apple, again you're assuming even though I've continuously said I don't hate apple. Also, when I said on top of the computer world I meant in terms of size. If you were really not stuck in the past you would know that apple recently passed microsoft in terms of size in May.

    Oh and there we go again with vista. Did you not read my entire post? I clearly said vista was a failure and trash. But then again you are stuck in the past and conveniently leave windows 7 out of the picture.

    FYI I do have Ubuntu and I use it quite often and I have used OS X. But I forgot you love to assume things.

    And you say I base my things are based on opinions and not facts.... Is apple just passed microsoft in size in May not clearly a fact to you? Is apple not legally allowing their OS on anything but apple built devices not clearly a fact to you?

    Don't hate things you haven't tried and by haven't tried I mean don't assume windows 7 is a magnet to viruses like vista if you haven't used it. I've used windows 7 since it came out and didn't run a virus scan until last month. Guess what? 0 viruses found. Why am I saying this? Because I hate when apple fans use the "but apples don't have viruses" phrase. Why? Because it's old and only used by people who have nothing else to say.

    Also, name calling for anything or anyone just makes you seem like a child. If you want to be taken seriously by anyone don't use playground arguments from grade school.

    And, no matter how you put it you are a hypocrite. Insult(or attempt) all you want but saying "Just because you hate apple doesn't make them automatically evil" even though you hate microsoft so that automatically makes them evil to you. And again, I don't hate apple.

    So, stop being a jackass and grow up. Really? "oh, sooo sorry, don't cry" "Anyway it's past your bed time. nite nite." Seriously what are you like 10? You have nothing so you turn to insults. I'm done with you I don't talk to adults that act like children when it comes to a debate on something. Adults don't have debates like children on a playground. Grow up, seriously.

    Oh and side note: Trolls use insults.




    I try but he obviously can't so I'm done with him. I don't debate with adults who act like children.
    "As he slams the door and stamps off, arms folded". Who's being childish???
    Sorry you can't handle the truth. I posted facts, you didn't like them.

    We all know apple os's are closed and made for their hardware, so? What is your point?? Anyone who dislikes that can go elsewhere. It's not illegal. Mercedes choose to put mercedes engines in their car. Is that evil too?

    Don't know about the childish things, at least I don't add profanities to try and argue.

    Opinion is one thing, facts are different. You called "evil" and I put up facts, and you get all surly.

    How can I love Apple when I don't use their stuff other than a phone? You ASSUME that I do. Again, purely as business strategy goes, they win. Clearly. Any business would be stupid if they didn't look at that modelling.

    Facts, give me facts and I may respect your opinion but all you post are childish, nonsensical rants. I don't care what you think but I might appreciate what you KNOW!!!

    If anything I wrote hurt your feelings, then hey, sorry. My chin' big enough.

    BTW, you used insults, so you're a troll??
    Last edited by Tyronal; 08-20-2010 at 11:14 PM.

  13. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    "As he slams the door and stamps off, arms folded". Who's being childish???
    Sorry you can't handle the truth. I posted facts, you didn't like them.

    We all know apple os's are closed, so? What is your point?? Anyone who dislikes that can go elsewhere. It's not illegal. Mercedes choose to put mercedes engines in their car. Is that evil too?

    Don't know about the childish things, at least I don't add profanities to try and argue.

    Opinion is one thing, facts are different. You called "evil" and I put up facts, and you get all surly.

    Facts, give me facts and I may respect your opinion but all you post are childish, nonsensical rants. I don't care what you think but I might appreciate what you KNOW!!!

    BTW, you used insults, so you're a troll??
    There you go again saying I called it evil just please once try to find and quote my exact words saying that, I need another laugh.... I gave you two facts you choose to ignore them and say I posted no facts. Do you even read the entire post before posting? What rant did I post? It's only nonsensical to you because you have your opinion that you hate anything related to microsoft so you hate everything and everyone defending it. "I don't care what you think but I might appreciate what you KNOW" This makes no sense. I know for a fact that OS X isn't allowed on anything but apple built computers and apple only recently passed microsoft in size. You asked for an example of controlling, forcing people to use a product to use another product is pretty controlling. Sure it's not illegal but that doesn't change the fact that it's controlling. Apple is smart that's why they do that. If microsoft was smart back in 2001 they wouldn't have tied internet explorer into their OS.

    Here's my opinion on why apple needs to open OS X to any computer: Microsoft is successful for a reason, that is because pretty much all computers can use windows and they can sell windows OS separately from a computer to more users. Apple on the other hand has to make the OS and the computer. They'd probably sell more if they let OS X run on other computers by selling it like windows does. I'm not saying apple isn't successful, they clearly are, but they would be even more successful if they sold the OS and their computers.

    I'll compare microsoft OS sales to apple computer sales:
    "Now, however, it’s Microsoft’s turn to bring out the big numbers. They have announced a 48% rise in net income, boosted by sales of Microsoft Office and Windows 7, which now tops 175 million licenses of the 1-year-old operating system." Licenses are just what they sold companies to sell.
    "Apple sales of Mac computers jumped 36 percent in January, potentially signaling 2.8 million will be sold for the first three months of 2010, according to retail sales figures released Tuesday. If on target, sales would beat a Wall Street estimate for 2.6 million Macs sold during the first quarter, one analyst said." I'm no analyst but if I had to make an estimate it would be less than 50 million in a year.
    I think apple would do better if they opened up the OS to other computers. You'd be surprised how many people don't use OS X because they don't want an apple computer. They're an awesome company but they're becoming more known for the iphone then the computer lately.

    Here's my explanation of why I'm defending microsoft and why I do not hate apple. Microsoft is hated by every apple user and it annoys me because half of them haven't ever tried it. Microsoft has sucked in the past they have their ups and downs. ME and vista were there downs xp and windows 7 were there ups. Apple users always seem to focus on the bad parts of microsoft and just skip over the good parts. I hate people that only look at one side of an argument. It's their way or the highway no other option, that annoys the hell out of me. They think they're never wrong and will say anything to make it seem that way. Apple as a company is smart that's why I like them. They build good OS and have nice computers. I just prefer having a lot of options when I go to buy a computer. I like my toshiba if I could run OS X legally on it I probably would sometimes(I'd probably use windows 7 mainly but there are some things I'd rather use OS X for). In case you might be wondering(you probably aren't) but I don't like Ubuntu I tried using it and I can't think of any reason I would want to use it.

    In a way I don't hate apple, I hate some of their users. Not all, some. The stuck up pricks that think apple is better then everything everywhere else. The kind of people that say something stupid like "apple is better because it appeals to a more younger audience". That's not a solid argument to anything that's just nonsense. There's my rant.(I'm not saying that applies to you)
    Last edited by robertr1; 08-21-2010 at 12:08 AM.

  14. #33
    K, this debate stops now. I warned you guys and it only escalated.

    If it continues there will be more infractions.

  15. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    K, this debate stops now. I warned you guys and it only escalated.

    If it continues there will be more infractions.
    Where in my last post did I insult him?

  16. #35
    MMi's "X" Member awesomeSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dragonspiral Tower in 3DS
    Posts
    4,524
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 347 Times in 259 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    ME was not great either.


    Warning for ahead; keep it a clean debate. Just warning because seen some of these turn ugly.
    How dare you mention Windows Mistake Edition!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

  17. #36
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Milwaukee
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    Default Apple applies for patent to kill jailbroken devices
    Apple applies for patent to kill jailbroken devices

    Article from CNET NEWS Today 08/23/2010

    Apple applies for patent to kill jailbroken devices | Security - CNET News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •