Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi's Staff Picks: Our Most Used Apps List

Default MMi's Staff Picks: Our Most Used Apps List

Today is a special little feature. I've gathered some of the best and most used app recommendations from the MMi Staff, and here is what we consider to be worthy of almost always being installed on our iDevices, dubbed as our "Most Used Apps".

Here is how I will do this. After asking each of the staff members their top picks, I will list the apps from the most common first, and then I'll show each staff member's top picks.

Here are the top 5 Apps that are installed on at least 3/5 of all of MMi Staff's devices. Don't foget to let us know what apps YOU use most, and share your experiences.

1. MyWi 4.0
    Jailbroken iDevice Required

Hand's down the most common app found on the staff's iDevices, is MyWi 4.0. From the developers of Rock, comes the one of the most fascinating apps available for a jailbroken iDevice. MyWi is more than just a tethering enabler. MyWi creates a WiFi HotSpot with a press of a finger! Wherever you are - you can connect your laptop or other mobile device to your iPhone's Data via WiFi. MyWi has tethering support to iOS 4, and works with all jailbroken iPhones (including 2G/3G/3GS/4) and the iPad on 3.1.2 or later.

Available in Rock for $19.99.

If your looking for data tethering but don't need the WiFi hotspot features and just need basic usb cable tethering, check out TetherMe for only $1.99, but keep in mind it doesn't have nearly the power that MyWi gives you.

2. InfiniFolders

Since the release of iOS 4, this is probably one of the best tweaks you could ask for with the addition of folders. Normally you are limited to how many apps you can put inside a folder on iOS 4, but with the help of @Chpwn, InfiniFolders lets you put as many apps as you wish, inside of a folder, thus giving it the name inifnifolders.

This tweak is available via Cydia for $1.99.

3. WiFi Sync

Coming in at third place, for the most common app found on the MMi Staff's iDevices, is WiFi Sync. Wi-Fi Sync enables wireless syncing with iTunes at the tap of a button. No USB Cable required. Sync from the anywhere within your WiFi range. You will be required to install 3rd party software on your PC/Mac but it's really simple.

Available from the Cydia Store for $9.99. More Info On WiFi Sync

4. Air Sharing & Air Display
    Available in the App Store (link)

Another app that trended across our iDevices was Air Sharing and Air Display. Air Display lets you use your iPad as a secondary monitor. Simply position your iPad next to your computer, launch the apps, and just like that you've got another monitor. Air Display is $9.99 on iTunes.

Air Sharing allows you to manage documents on the go. With Air Sharing, you can easily mount your iPhone or iPod touch as a Wi-Fi drive on your Mac/PC/Linux system or simply connect from any computer's web browser. Your also able to actually view and email documents as email attachments. This is great for anyone collaborating or using a central place to store frequently used documents. Air Sharing HD is available for iPad as well. Air Sharing is available on iTunes for $2.99 for iPhone and $9.99 for iPad.

5. Tlert

Tlert is an integrated MMS/SMS Texting add-on. It does not replace your Messages app, but rather enhances it while keeping everything extremely tidy and non intrusive. Tlert, like other quick reply applications, allows you to reply and compose from any app.

Do yourself a favor and check out Tlert on Rock for $6.99.

There you have it folks. Here is the top most used apps that each of the staff members listed. I'll try and do more features like this in the future.

Cody Overcash aka cash7c3
    • InfiniFolders
    • Wi-Fi sync
    • urbanspoon
    • Air Sharing (HD) & Air Display
    • TWC Max+ & TWC
    • Hulu Plus
    • iBooks
    • MyWi 4.0

Kyle Matthews
    • MyWi 4
    • Infinifolders
    • Tlert
    • iSSH
    • Words With Friends
    • Angry Birds
    • iFile
    • Pro HDR
    • Camera+
    • Twittelator

Michael Essany
    • InfiniFolders
    • Wi-Fi sync
    • Air Sharing (HD) & Air Display
    • iBooks
    • MyWi 4.0
    • Dropbox
    • Dragon Dictation
    • Windows Live Messenger
    • Traffic View 2010
    • Todo

Nick Hesson
    • InfiniFolders
    • MyWi 4.0
    • Tlert
    • Air Sharing
    • WiFi Sync
    • Winterboard
    • Veency
    • LockInfo
    • FourSquare
    • SimplyTweet
    • 5 Icon Dock

Paul Acciavatti
    • N/A
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 08-18-2010 at 07:18 AM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (08-18-2010), allanes5 (08-17-2010), Buckmaster (08-21-2010), eeeen7 (08-18-2010), greek.guy (08-18-2010), k.nitsua (08-18-2010), Levirules (08-17-2010), LEVMAN (08-18-2010), mereeves (08-18-2010), reanimationxp (08-18-2010), reaves205 (08-18-2010), ufcsean (08-18-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Infinidock? No one? Wow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cirtess's Avatar
    Thanks

The lists so far are great.. I have to add Ifile, safari downloader and torrentula. As crazy as it may sound, I love the ability to download torrent files using safari downloader and torrentula straight to my phone on the fly.. Yes, it's simpler on the computer but hey, if I'm not near a comp, the ability to do it on the phone is great!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cirtess For This Useful Post:

-_- (08-17-2010), LEVMAN (08-18-2010), Nick Hesson (08-17-2010), ufcsean (08-18-2010)

Thanks
    MyWi 4.0 is the most used app on my IPhone 4. It's also the main reason that my friends have chosen to have me jailbreak they're iPhones.

I love all of those, but My Wi and wifi sync are so darn expensive

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

sonofray (08-19-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ROFLwaffle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    i can c ********** in the pic of infinifolders
    Lmao!

I love the tlert concept but its way to buggy. Have been since its inception.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

how do you repurchase things in cydia. In rock its really easy. i purchased 3g unrestrictor and not sure how to go about getting it back.. I also want to purchase infinifolders but im uneasy about the way cydia handles purchases.

Nevermind i figured it out. Once i purchased infinifolders i was able to get back whatever i purchased before.
    Last edited by salayyad; 08-17-2010 at 09:45 PM.

[QUOTE=whereswaldo;5405482]I love all of those, but My Wi and wifi sync are so darn expensive[/QUOTEy
    Not really 20 bucks for unlimited tethering. Have u notice most cell phone companies charge 20 bucks a month . Quit being cheap

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gbarielmoreno For This Useful Post:

capttanhowdy (08-18-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by salayyad View Post
    how do you repurchase things in cydia. In rock its really easy. i purchased 3g unrestrictor and not sure how to go about getting it back.. I also want to purchase infinifolders but im uneasy about the way cydia handles purchases.

Nevermind i figured it out. Once i purchased infinifolders i was able to get back whatever i purchased before.
    Cydia uses your payment email address. When you log in it recognizes that you have previously purchased it. The same way iTunes handles them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blufox For This Useful Post:

salayyad (08-17-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Pauls list!

No it isn't ...

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blufox For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (08-18-2010), reanimationxp (08-18-2010), skj8100 (08-18-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Great apps. It's a shame all are paid-apps. The world of 'free' is slowly going away.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

greenchicken120 (08-17-2010)

This is very helpful, but are they all compatible with iPhone 4? Cuz I have wifi sync and for some reason iTunes wont detect my iPhone when plugged in via usb. When I uninstall wifi sync then it detects it no problem. I can still use wifisync wireless just can't normally plug my device. PS I PAID for the app. Also BiteSMS is by far the best app which should be on the list, or iRealSMS.

Actually one is the phone app and the other is messages...

Is talert like bitesms? I've never tried it.
    Last edited by robertr1; 08-17-2010 at 10:12 PM.

SBSettings, WinterBoard, SnowCover, QuickReply, Backgrounder, Chronus, afc2add, cyntact, iFile, Rename 2.

It's hard to pick just 5...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

Zenitram (08-17-2010)

yes it is the folder called jailbreaking at the lower left hand corner can u c it now?
    Ahhhhh you are both wrong. He/She is using iClassica3 icons...it's the 1st column 2nd row, or middle-left for the lamen At least no one is telling him/her how to use their phone with all the "you're a thief" ********.........yet

yes it is the folder called jailbreaking at the lower left hand corner can u c it now?
    Again, no it is not. The icon you are speaking of would be the back of a first gen silver iPhone, black base, with a green background and green arrow pointing to the bottom of the iPhone, symbolizing 'download' towards the dock connection. *See Below*

I am not sure what the icon on the bottom left of that folder is, but that is obviously a green background with a monitor in the foreground.
    Last edited by Blufox; 08-17-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks

My Most Used Apps.
    1. 5 Dock
    2. MyWi
    3. My3G
    4. SBS Settings
    5. Facebook..
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast