+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi's Staff Picks: Our Most Used Apps List

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by sal_osx MyWi 4.0 is the most used app on my IPhone 4. It's also the main reason that my friends have chosen to have me jailbreak they're
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sal_osx View Post
    MyWi 4.0 is the most used app on my IPhone 4. It's also the main reason that my friends have chosen to have me jailbreak they're iPhones.
    Yeah, it cool..but can att charge you for tetheering using MIWI. even if you have unlimited data plan. or they don't know that you are using a tether app.How This works..????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[quote=gbarielmoreno;5405604]
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    I love all of those, but My Wi and wifi sync are so darn expensive[/QUOTEy
    Not really 20 bucks for unlimited tethering. Have u notice most cell phone companies charge 20 bucks a month . Quit being cheap
    what happens with the next update? another $10, then the next update after? when will it stop?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

[quote=BOYD;5409532]
    Quote Originally Posted by gbarielmoreno View Post

what happens with the next update? another $10, then the next update after? when will it stop?
    That's why I didn't pay for the update. It's DEV's like this that ruin it for the rest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbarielmoreno View Post

Thank you. Cydia seriously needs a $5 price limit. There is no reason that any app/mod should be more than that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

There are many reasons why some apps should be more than that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So no one knows how I can update my mywi4? It keeps showing up as $20

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, it cool..but can att charge you for tetheering using MIWI. even if you have unlimited data plan. or they don't know that you are using a tether app.How This works..????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you don't have unlimited then you will get charged once you use over your plan. You won't get charged the tethering fee though which is $20 a month I believe?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nielsenius View Post
    Thank you. Cydia seriously needs a $5 price limit. There is no reason that any app/mod should be more than that.
    I have to disagree with you on this! While I do disagree with how the dev handled MYWI, if you do any amount of tethering at all it is more than worth the $20. Is it expensive, yes when compared to other app, however, with the exception of TetherMe, nothing really comes close to giving you the same use and flexibility. These devs do some great work, and deserve to be paid for their efforts. Not everyone has the talent and willpower to create a great app, then maintain and support it, and keep up with updates and tweaks. I for one appreciate their efforts and don't mind paying for a service that I want. That being said, I hate it when a dev puts out an app that he gets paid for, and then does not support it! If I am being charged for a service/app, I expect it to work. If there is a problem, I expect a reasonable effort to be made by the dev to resolve it.

With many of these "expensive" apps, it all boils down to how much you are willing to pay for any given service/app. For someone who tethers all the time, $20 is a frickin bargain 10 times over! For someone who tethers once in a blue moon, it may not be. The same can be said about any paid app out there. I love iRealSMS, and am glad to pay $16 (if I remember right)for it. To me, the features that it offers are well worth the money (and the support service I might add...one of the best IMAO) . For someone who rarely if ever texts, it is a total waste of money.
    Just my 2 cents.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

when you use mywi does it use the data from your 3g allowance? never used it yet mainly as ive never needed to but could come in handy seeing as though im a dj.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It uses data as if you are surfing on the phone. Never had a problem. I used mywi all day yesterday in meetings and in my car. I had to get a complicated email done en route (while someone else drove ) speed was super fast and worked perfectly. This app was the reason I jailbroke the phone in the first place. It's awesome.
    Last edited by mereeves; 08-21-2010 at 10:02 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chokem's Avatar
    Thanks

What are you guys using for password storage? Ive had this i4 about six weeks now, and am currently using LockBox, but I was interested in knowing what you used and why.
    iPhone 4S
    iPad 3rd Generation
    Both Running Absinthe 5.1.1

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

1password is the best. There's simply no competition for it either. To add more to it: It's THE password application for Macs with a soon-to-be-released PC client as well (it's in open beta right now). It syncs between clients using Dropbox, making it super easy to keep everything organized.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 08-21-2010 at 05:08 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How did you get a refund on this? I bought it a couple of days ago and can't get it to complete a sync (says the phone disconnected at the end).

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345