+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iPhone 4 Sales Hindered by Verizon Rumors

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
On Friday, Paul stated what we all feel regarding rumors surrounding the iPhone coming to Verizon. No, rumors are not news. But "when enough reports come together, all pointing in
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Report: iPhone 4 Sales Hindered by Verizon Rumors

On Friday, Paul stated what we all feel regarding rumors surrounding the iPhone coming to Verizon. No, rumors are not news. But "when enough reports come together, all pointing in the same direction, then at a given point it's worth stopping and taking a look at what it all adds up to."

For customers on the fence about a possible upgrade to the iPhone 4, "what it all adds up to" are hindered iPhone 4 sales. That is, according to a new Morpace Omnibus report, approximately one-third of all AT&T iPhone owners who have not yet upgraded to the iPhone 4 say they are "waiting for the iPhone to become available through another mobile carrier before upgrading."

Rumors of a Verizon iPhone have now taken on a tone of "eventuality." Given the culmination of "hints" referenced by credible sources in Paul's piece, all signs do in fact appear to suggest a forthcoming Verizon iPhone. This report, however, isn't meant to add further hype to the rumor mill. It exists to illustrate a staggering fact - the huge and almost inconceivable sales success of the iPhone 4 could very be a muted case study of the device's ultimate sales potential. If and when the iPhone reaches the Verizon network, the second round of buying could prove far more mind-blowing than anything we've seen so far. And perhaps that prospect alone is reason enough to believe that Apple will soon forge an alliance with Verizon to tap this enormous "waiting" market.

Morpace Omnibus Report

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

greek.guy (08-16-2010), sal_osx (08-15-2010)

Thanks

It makes sense, but its like watching a pot waiting for it to boil.
    Apples taste good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kruejl For This Useful Post:

quidam_brujah (08-15-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's Better AT&T or verizon

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I fail to see how they can even measure a sales decreased based soley on a rumor. If there was a public announcement, then they could measure sales from that date forward, but otherwise this is another merritless article

Thanks

Zzzzzzzzzzzxzzzxzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks

Sales are being hindered because every Rogers in my area doesn't have iPhone 4s! They won't take a list, wont hold one for you and won't tell you when the next shipment is coming, I've been calling for a week!

Green Apple
    Thanks

If that is true, than Verizon should be kicking themselves for not leaking this info BEFORE the ATT iphone came out. I am sure a lot of people would not have extended their contract for 2 years if they thought that they could get a verizon iphone in 6 months.

Thanks
    i dont think this true and to prove it wrong you just have to go to the apple store in 59 and fifth ave in NYC and see how big is the line of people waiting for a iphone 4, i was there this past friday and have to wait in line for about 4 hour just to get the phone.

oh and one more thing verizon is F*** suck too
    Last edited by pcmartinez; 08-14-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pcmartinez For This Useful Post:

nomisser (08-15-2010), plcrules (08-14-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think most customers simply want cheaper prices. If the iPhone goes to Verizon and the pricing plans are about the same as AT&T's, most consumers will say -- so what?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chasev2 For This Useful Post:

The Maestro (08-16-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

im tired to read so much rumor pplz stop stop if the iphone is goin be for verizon or not wait for it
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB JailBroken waiting for unlock

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Sales are being hindered because every Rogers in my area doesn't have iPhone 4s! They won't take a list, wont hold one for you and won't tell you when the next shipment is coming, I've been calling for a week!
    if it makes you feel better ATT is doing the same thing i call apple stores every day and ask around ATT no 1 nos and the 1 time i get a yes from the apple store in stock by the time i got there they were all out

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    I fail to see how they can even measure a sales decreased based soley on a rumor. If there was a public announcement, then they could measure sales from that date forward, but otherwise this is another merritless article
    and it sounds like they did a survey and asked ppl bout things based on a rumor so its mostly ppls beliefs that change sales

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

At&t is good an reliable for me I don't have any desire to go back to Verizon.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I actually would stay with AT&T because I can use internet and phone together, the only reason I returned iPhone 4 is because of bad design.
    I think this design flaw is done on purpose so when Apple go on Verizon with a phone no longer have the flaw and people will buy another set, then reintroduce a fixed iPhone4 with AT&T again another buying wave.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

Mbeck0265 (08-15-2010), quidam_brujah (08-15-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm an iphone owner........and well.......the verizon network
    runs circles around ATT's. Go to a verizon store and test the
    incredible or DroidX and prepare to be amazed.
    I've done it........and I'm finally impressed with the droid platform and verizons blazing browser speed.
    oh yeah......4G up and running in a dozen major cities.

The blackberry storm was a brick....plain and simple.

Verizon owns the reception airwaves from in the west.
    I drop ATT calls driving through phoenix!

I can't wait and will run to my nearest verizon store!!!
    ATT service is fine but the network is slow.

After test driving the latest HTC phones........Verizons next round of phones will pretty much level the playing field.
    That will be interesting.........even more reason for Apple to get
    on Verizon network.
    Last edited by sharrack; 08-14-2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Time to get another line, I am thinking about trying this 4G and the Android Platform.

Droid 2 is not so bad, but Windows 7 and Android 3.0 coming is something to watch.

Still keeping my iPhone 4 though Jailbroken and all that makes it something I do not want to lose.

Thanks

You guys are forgetting the main point.

CDMA..you will no longer be able to switch sim cards when traveling out of country.

Then a lot of threads will be made saying how they are locked into the verizon network. Etc.

I personally hate CDMA phones and love my gsm ultrasn0wed iPhone 4.

I highly doubt apple will launch the iPhone on verizon. They won't even make iPhones in different colors and you think they will make a different phone for a different carrier. ATT has exclusivity until 2012 if I'm not mistaken

Thanks

Wow. Verizon should try harder to get the iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    It makes sense, but its like watching a pot waiting for it to boil.
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by l3olsa View Post
    What's Better AT&T or verizon
    Depends on your area. I've been paying for 3G service since I got the iPhone 3G a week or so after it's release. I still have to travel 30 miles in one direction or 40 miles in another to get 3G service. My zip is 12095 if you want to check AT&T's coverage map for my area.

Verizon has ridiculous 3G coverage and would be one of my main reasons for switching. They're pretty much the dominant provider for my area. I'd say 85% or more of my friends and family are on Verizon. I'd still keep unlimited texting just for FaceBook and Twitter texts so my bill wouldn't go anywhere but I would actually USE data.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    I actually would stay with AT&T because I can use internet and phone together, the only reason I returned iPhone 4 is because of bad design.
    I think this design flaw is done on purpose so when Apple go on Verizon with a phone no longer have the flaw and people will buy another set, then reintroduce a fixed iPhone4 with AT&T again another buying wave.
    Doubtful. If anything they'll fix the issue internally and with the white iPhone 4. I think that's why it's delayed again. I understand the paint issues BUT this phone has been in production how long? They should have been ready by now.

White iPhone 4 was a little harder to produce and with the antenna issues it makes sense all together to come up with a fix we can't see externally then release it.

Celebrating #700

What's Jailbreak? Iphone3GsHACK's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have Att and I'm Actually Happy With Them,But i came form Sprint So What Can I say lol. I have not had any problems with my Iphone 4 Yet"knock on Wood"

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sure Verizon's iPhone plans will cost exactly the same as AT&T ("because it's the network, b***h!"). So uhh, this means people who already have Verizon and don't want to leave can get an iPhone and people who have a love/hate relationship with AT&T can see if the grass really is any greener on the other side.

Those of us who want unlimited text and a reasonable amount of minutes without feeling butthurt each month when the bill comes will still be on carriers with no hope of ever officially having the iPhone. Course, I'm not sure I'd want to go back to an iPhone after using Froyo.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast