Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iPhone 4 Sales Hindered by Verizon Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by sharrack View Post
    I'm an iphone owner........and well.......the verizon network
    runs circles around ATT's. Go to a verizon store and test the
    incredible or DroidX and prepare to be amazed.
    I've done it........and I'm finally impressed with the droid platform and verizons blazing browser speed.
    oh yeah......4G up and running in a dozen major cities.

The blackberry storm was a brick....plain and simple.

Verizon owns the reception airwaves from in the west.
    I drop ATT calls driving through phoenix!

I can't wait and will run to my nearest verizon store!!!
    ATT service is fine but the network is slow.

After test driving the latest HTC phones........Verizons next round of phones will pretty much level the playing field.
    That will be interesting.........even more reason for Apple to get
    on Verizon network.
    Verizon doesn't have 4G. But thanks for the useless post. Btw, congrats on testing a carrier signal INSIDE the store...where they have amplifiers or base stations to ensure high bandwidth and signal. Brilliant.
    Really?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eg6motion For This Useful Post:

tonyyvo (08-16-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Blufox View Post
    Yes Verizon does, but the issue at hand is the same as the Sprint network issue. You can not talk and surf at the same time. I would say about 80% of my data is used while I am on the phone. Of course I am doing 30-40gb a month.
    Holy crap!!! What are you doing? Torrenting? AT&T lets you use that much?

Quote Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
    Holy crap!!! What are you doing? Torrenting? AT&T lets you use that much?
    2 years now and they have not touched my account. I work 60-70 hours a week in a little building alone. I stream movies online pretty much non-stop through that. Today for example ... MyWi says I have already used 6gb, and I still have 5 1/2 hours left.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I believe the biggest thing we should take into consideration when the rumor mill starts spinning about multiple carriers is this ...

Apple can not meet current demands on their products. That means they are making money hand-over-fist, and their productions are going out as fast as they can slap them together. If they through another carrier into the mix, ESPECIALLY one that doesn't use the same design specifications GSM --> CDMA ... What on Earth would they do about production demands then? Split the difference, and make people have 2 month wait times on each carrier that wants the phone? It doesn't seem feasible. Maybe if they were seeing downtimes at their production facilities, then we could see it happening, but until then I would not hold my breath.
    If they through another carrier into the mix, ESPECIALLY one that doesn't use the same design specifications GSM --> CDMA ... What on Earth would they do about production demands then? They could give Americans jobs!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    I actually would stay with AT&T because I can use internet and phone together
    This

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Not very accurate stats. Just another zzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    They could give Americans jobs!
    That statement has about as much logic behind it as the OP. lol. No offense meant, just an actual 'lol' moment.

Now that we are back to reality, where American's on assembly lines won't work for less than $60/hr in Union states, we will let the Chinese play their part in our economy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blufox For This Useful Post:

eg6motion (08-16-2010)

I'll always stick with AT&T.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to punjabi212 For This Useful Post:

sonupwr (08-15-2010)

47 and 34 percent means AT&T would go out of business. That is seriously a load of crap.

thats why its still not available anywhere..... has anyone with a new iPhone 4 got the antenna problem? I got mine like last last Thursday and i dont have it no matter what i do.

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    Does verizon have unlimited data¿¿ if not I will stay with AT&T. I used 6,751 mb this past month. Damn you 3G unrestrictor¡¡ damn yous
    no its limited to 5 gb

Yes Verizon does, but the issue at hand is the same as the Sprint network issue. You can not talk and surf at the same time. I would say about 80% of my data is used while I am on the phone. Of course I am doing 30-40gb a month.
    its not unlimited its called unlimited but limited to 5gb att people grandfathered in are really unlimited

they say its unlimited on verizon, but it really isnt.... att atleast is unlimited if you were grandfathered in....
    Last edited by iphone?3gs; 08-15-2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^^ That very confusing post laid it out. Yes, unless you are an old school AT&T user you take a chance of them trying to bill you for 5gb+ . It is hit or miss though. My mom has only been a customer for 9 months, and they have yet to hit her with the 5gb+ charges or limit.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's unlimited, but it's not unlimited.

WTF....seriously? What the hell does that mean?

That's the rough equivalent of a murderer telling someone "I'm going to kill you, but you're not really going to die from it."

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    I actually would stay with AT&T because I can use internet and phone together, the only reason I returned iPhone 4 is because of bad design.
    I think this design flaw is done on purpose so when Apple go on Verizon with a phone no longer have the flaw and people will buy another set, then reintroduce a fixed iPhone4 with AT&T again another buying wave.
    I've noticed that, as an ATT customer, I seem to be getting complimentary access to attwifi. It's not available everywhere but it will influence where I look for wifi access on the road (when I can't use iPass). That is a plus for my service.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When will it stoppppppppppppppppppp...everytime theres something going on with the iphone people jump to say omg its coming to verizon..few months ago it was a whole different story, then before that was a different story.This is getting out of control, the iphone is NOT going to verizon..SIMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Sheesh, where to begin? OK, there are 300 million+ people living in the United States alone, how many of them choose to be with Verizon, and how many of them DON'T have an iPhone? Yeah, it's a helluva lot! There are only 100 million iDevices sold so far, which is only scratching the surface of possible sales. If all of those sales were ONLY in the USA, that's still only 1/3rd the population (and iPhones are only a fraction of that percentage).

As for CDMA and GSM: NOT EVERYONE LEAVES THE COUNTRY. While there are those that use the SIM card as their main reason not to switch, it's really not that great of a reason for most people. I have no plans on leaving the nation, and even if I did, I can't think of one person I would want/ need to call while I was over there.

You "hate" CDMA? Stop being a drama queen. CDMA is a private standard, whereas GSM was developed as an International standard. The Internationalization of something isn't a good thing in my opinion. Case in point: the United Nations. Instead of going with a network that uses a reliable signal (CDMA), or the infrastructure that is best for their particular region (GSM radio equipment drop calls far more frequently, which is simply a limitation of the technology), countries are more likely to adopt the GSM standard because their neighbors are, which isn't always the best reasoning.

And my final argument for CDMA: Germany uses it, and the Germans are the only country in the EU that AREN'T bankrupt -- anything that's good enough for the Germans is the good bet, in my book.

And just to beat a dead horse, China and Indonesia also use CDMA networks, which adds a couple hundred more million people to the list of potential customers for Apple if they adopt the CDMA standard. Apple, of course, would have made a CDMA and GSM version of their phones to shop around to the networks back when they were pitching the iPhone, but once they got their exclusivity deal with AT&T, there was no reason to pursue advancements in CDMA integration for years on-end. What I'm trying to say is that there is no 'magical' reason for Apple's SIM card -- they could just have easily mass-produced a CDMA version, and the sales would have been just as strong.
    Epic fail.

I was stating my opinion. And you went on a rant. Everyone has personal preference and A LOT of people do travel out of country frequently and I'd prefer a gsm iPhone over a CDMA iPhone for that specific reason and believe it or not, it's a HUGE determining factor when business people buy a cellphone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany
    "what it all adds up to" are hindered iPhone 4 sales.
    And I'm sure the fact that Apple is having difficulty keeping up with iPhone production demand has nothing to do with those hindered sales right?

What about the possibility that many people are simply waiting for the WHITE iPhone 4 to be released before purchasing. Did this report take THAT into consideration?

Sales of the iPhone 4 are more than likely going to surge once again when the white version is released and most likely during the Christmas holiday period as well....REGARDLESS of the Verizon rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany
    This report, however, isn't meant to add further hype to the rumor mill.
    Yes it is. And it's not working. People have reached the point where they want to SEE OFFICIAL DECISIONS....not rumors and polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    No, rumors are not news. But "when enough reports come together, all pointing in the same direction, then at a given point it's worth stopping and taking a look at what it all adds up to."
    No it's not worth taking a look at. How many rumors, speculations, what ifs, maybes, probablys, most likelys, chances, and flat-out incorrect statements have been spread about this so-called Verizon iPhone rumor? Too many.

Eventually everyone reaches the point (and maybe already have reached the point) where they just get sick and tired of hearing all the speculative bull**it and just want definitive results.

The latest CONFIRMED report was that Apple had an exclusivity agreement with AT&T until 2012. And that was stated by Apple's lawyers. I have yet to hear anything definitive to prove otherwise so as of now i and the rest of you should assume that 2012 is what Verizon customers will have to wait for. Not January 2011. Don't like it??......too bad. Go cry a river...it's not going to change a thing.

So I say we drop posting on every so-called "report" on the Verizon iPhone rumors and just wait until something CONCRETE comes into daylight. Because frankly....until APPLE comes out and says something official....i'm not going to believe a damn word any "source"....no matter how credible or reliable....says about this issue.

That's all there is to it.
    Last edited by RICO_; 08-16-2010 at 01:03 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

g12007 (08-16-2010)

More rumuours all over agn sometimes I wonder wy apple doesn't come out give all these rumor
    Makers a finger and tell that there is no CDMA coming out yet or just announcing one in other countries until their exclusivity with AT&T ends :s if they are planning on making one because if
    These reports are true taking into consideration people are holding out for verizon and not the white
    Model it makes more sense to tell the
    People that it won't be coming out instead of loosing their precious sales.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So how many people were surveyed. Surveys are a joke.

Not hindered enough. I still can't find any stores around that keep them in stock long enough for me to get one after work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Unanswerable
    Quote Originally Posted by l3olsa View Post
    What's Better AT&T or verizon
    This is an oxymoron.....
    Probably neither!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast