+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About Those VeriPhone Rumors...

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
When I received my iphone4, I gave away my 3GS to my sis-in-law. After 3 weeks of having issues with it, I decided to return it and buy another 3GS
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    When I received my iphone4, I gave away my 3GS to my sis-in-law. After 3 weeks of having issues with it, I decided to return it and buy another 3GS from CL. This is where it gets interesting, the guy that I bought the phone from have multiple iPhones in hand and asked him what he is doing with all of them. He said he mods them to run on sprint and verizon and he said he takes the chipset from a lg chocolate and put it in the iPhone and install his modified os to work. Calling off what I smell is bs, he dialed 611 on his phone and heard verizon customer service. Showed me the screen and it says EV next to the signal bar.

He mentioned that apple just hired him and moving him to FL for work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

If they make a new iPhone for verizon better than the iPhone 4 and not for AT&T I'll be soo pissed

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeproks View Post
    When I received my iphone4, I gave away my 3GS to my sis-in-law. After 3 weeks of having issues with it, I decided to return it and buy another 3GS from CL. This is where it gets interesting, the guy that I bought the phone from have multiple iPhones in hand and asked him what he is doing with all of them. He said he mods them to run on sprint and verizon and he said he takes the chipset from a lg chocolate and put it in the iPhone and install his modified os to work. Calling off what I smell is bs, he dialed 611 on his phone and heard verizon customer service. Showed me the screen and it says EV next to the signal bar.

He mentioned that apple just hired him and moving him to FL for work.
    Hmm...troll?

Thanks

I hope this is true. Maybe AT&Ts networks will finally get a break. There's way too much congestion and I'm sure 75% of those people only have an iPhone to be cool. Please oh please get over hyped Verizion iPhone. Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnr9412 View Post
    If they make a new iPhone for verizon better than the iPhone 4 and not for AT&T I'll be soo pissed
    i would be really shocked if they changed the phone at all i think they will just change the chipset and leave it the way it is probably fix the proximity sensor and antenna. but i wouldnt expect any design changes other then the antenna

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    i would be really shocked if they changed the phone at all i think they will just change the chipset and leave it the way it is probably fix the proximity sensor and antenna. but i wouldnt expect any design changes other then the antenna
    I highly doubt they change anything. It would be bad PR to release a better version of the exact same phone with a new carrier. Sure Verizon would have a lot of people who would be please but think of the current millions of customers with AT&T who would be pissed at Apple.

Maybe just wait for a release until next summer?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby579 View Post
    Hmm...troll?
    = yes

me = no

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Instead of you all whining and complaining and competing if verizon or t-mobile should have the iphone, why not say all of them?
    Why shouldn't iphone be for all carries?
    Before some smartass replys to this, i didn't do research its a question, if you can answer it go ahead.

If they made it for all carriers they would expand in ways no one can imagine.
    Apple would pretty much dominate the tech world, but then again, it's been dominating this year ALOT

Thanks

I think if there does ever come a CDMA version of the iphone, we have china to thank for it. With China being such a HUGE market, Apple was more inclined to work with them, then just worrying about verizon. Since the deal went through with China, little modding should be needed for a verizon model.

but thats just my opinion...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hopefully, if the iphone does come to verizon, it could be unlocked to work with other cdma carriers. I would like that because i'm on sprint.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

I don't mind the rumors. It gives us all something to talk about. And if you don't want to talk about it, then don't open that thread. I don't understand why some people feel the need to tell everyone what they're tired of reading. IF YOU'RE TIRED OF READING IT THEN DON'T READ IT.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    China has an enormous base of CDMA users. That market alone would make it a good business decision.
    One would think that they would have then released a CDMA phone in China instead of the GSM version that they alread did release months ago... Why would you release the GSM version in China if you have a CDMA version around the corner which will be available to far more users?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Would it be a good marketing decision if Apple releases the iPhone for Sprint? Why or Why Not?

What's Jailbreak? drjailbreakMD's Avatar
    Thanks

Couldnt agree more.....well said!!!!
    Last edited by drjailbreakMD; 08-13-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I don't mind the rumors. It gives us all something to talk about. And if you don't want to talk about it, then don't open that thread. I don't understand why some people feel the need to tell everyone what they're tired of reading. IF YOU'RE TIRED OF READING IT THEN DON'T READ IT.
    The point is rumors are not news. I think most people get annoyed that 50% of the "news" on this thread is actually just rumors. Hell, make a rumors section. I bet you money it would get frequented MUCH less.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Why would Apple make a model of iPhone for carriers in 88 countries, and a completely separate model for ONE carrier in ONE country, just because they can't be bothered to update their technology? T-Mobile makes the most sense by far in the U.S.
    Couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    Would it be a good marketing decision if Apple releases the iPhone for Sprint? Why or Why Not?
    IMO no, Sprint has been on its last leg for years. Unless they roll a 4G iPhone out (which could actually be sprint's saviour but Apple is unlikely to do so), I don;t see sprint getting the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Marley View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is a completely ignorant comment. It has nothing to do with updating technology, and actually if you did some research, you would find that there is a VERY good reason that many companies in the US are CDMA instead of GSM.

And as far as the T-Mobile making the most sense in the US? Again, do your research before you make a statement like this. AT&T has a far greater coverage area than T-Mobile (maybe not better, but bigger). For myself, there are only two major cities in the whole state that carry T-Mobile and it does not work in most of the rest of the state. So no, T-Mobile is not a smart move for Apple if they want to reach the most market.
    You can throw the word "ignorant" around all you want man. Why not back it with a statement other than "do your research"? How hard would it be for you to sum up why CDMA is a good idea in the US? Why don't YOU enlighten us?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 08-13-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

drjailbreakMD (08-13-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    IMO no, Sprint has been on its last leg for years. Unless they roll a 4G iPhone out (which could actually be sprint's saviour but Apple is unlikely to do so), I don;t see sprint getting the phone.

You can throw the word "ignorant" around all you want man. Why not back it with a statement other than "do your research"? How hard would it be for you to sum up why CDMA is a good idea in the US? Why don't YOU enlighten us?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Verizon seems like a good idea then But damn so many phones to choose from... Droid X, Incredible, Droid... And now the iPhone? Lol. I'm good with AT&T now, unless verizon has "Faster Internet" then I'm sticking with AT&T. HTC Evo 4G (>, =, <) iPhone?

Thanks

All of you are ignorant. Every shred of evidence points to Boost Mobile. It's a fact. Believe it.