Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Shutters Camera+ App Over Easter Eggs

Nazi apple strikes again.

User confusion? Because people adjust the volume while trying to take a picture? Because people haven't pushed a button to take a picture for a hundred years? Apple is desperately trying to stick to one mantra, 'We know better than the people who buy out products.' This is just sad, sad, sad. Never thought a corporate ego or it's fanaticism could be so large and so stupid. Glad I got Camera+ before it was pulled. Shame is there's a bug that causes a picture to be taken as soon as you open the camera part. Now it won't get fixed. For a company that boasts having the worlds best mobile OS, they sure do have some really stupid and limiting 'features'. No setting your own text/mail received sounds after 4 years and 100 million odd devices and limiting interaction with a feature of a camera that's been around for a hundred years is pretty telling. Apple has an ego it just can't shake.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    can you say "Cydia" anyone? lol
    lol thats right. camera+ and snap tap are great ! lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Seriously, I think I'm gonna start writing apps :/ the problem is that they reject A lot of good apps which end up in cydia anyway. Apple is very selfish. I'm not quite certain WTF? There are few options, but you can't be sure with apple... although I'm just a fresh apple user...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    User confusion? Because people adjust the volume while trying to take a picture? Because people haven't pushed a button to take a picture for a hundred years? Apple is desperately trying to stick to one mantra, 'We know better than the people who buy out products.' This is just sad, sad, sad. Never thought a corporate ego or it's fanaticism could be so large and so stupid. Glad I got Camera+ before it was pulled. Shame is there's a bug that causes a picture to be taken as soon as you open the camera part. Now it won't get fixed. For a company that boasts having the worlds best mobile OS, they sure do have some really stupid and limiting 'features'. No setting your own text/mail received sounds after 4 years and 100 million odd devices and limiting interaction with a feature of a camera that's been around for a hundred years is pretty telling. Apple has an ego it just can't shake.
    So you're not a fanboy? One wonders why you choose to use apple stuff at all? You can change the message tones if you know how.

Oh, you never got back to me with those so called "facts" about apple dude.You know, how they force users to buy new stuff. WTF. You have no cred, troll. My BS meter is on and you're in the crosshairs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    That is a lot of money a month
    And what was Apple's profit on the app?

Kinda like cutting you nose off to spite your face.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

I own Camera+ and have the latest and last version. It's a really cool app. LOADS of nice features... It got pulled and I didn't even know... A question... I paid for the app... And good $$. Will apple use their "KillSwitch" to prevent me from using it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

I would almost bet on it.

I have the app as well.. anyone wanna tell me where the Easter egg is to make the volume button act as a shutter... id like that feature
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by evolasme View Post
    I have the app as well.. anyone wanna tell me where the Easter egg is to make the volume button act as a shutter... id like that feature
    EDIT: Nevermind - found it:

Go to safari on your phone and enter the following in the address bar:

camplus://enablevolumesnap

Press Go, and it should launch the Camera+ app

To disable the feature, go back to safari and enter the following in the address bar:

camplus://disablevolumesnap

Presto!
    Last edited by washamur; 08-13-2010 at 06:49 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to washamur For This Useful Post:

evolasme (08-13-2010), soto806 (08-14-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    So you're not a fanboy? One wonders why you choose to use apple stuff at all? You can change the message tones if you know how.

Oh, you never got back to me with those so called "facts" about apple dude.You know, how they force users to buy new stuff. WTF. You have no cred, troll. My BS meter is on and you're in the crosshairs.
    Don't care what you think about me. Go away.

Thanks

Camera+ didn't violate any SDK terms.

Unless they secretly added that rule. Such a shame.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Is there anyway to obtain the app if we don't have it?

Quote Originally Posted by vegassteven View Post
    Yeah, it will make like... $100.00 a month!! Get real.
    I support Cydia devs but there's no way in he'll any cydia all is making HALF A MILLION DOLLARS IN 2 MONTHS.

Typed this with your iPhone didn't ya

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    Camera+ didn't violate any SDK terms.

Unless they secretly added that rule. Such a shame.
    I think the sdk rules state there can be no hidden features and they can use external buttons inside the app. Stupid rule in this case and they broke the rules, even though they tried twice to include the feature. Apples reasoning is dumb in this case because pressing a button to take a picture even if it's a volume button is in no way confusing. It's another example of draconian rules. I can see why they did it, but no one that is smart enough to take a picture would be confused about pressing a button. Every single person I've shown this has either said 'cool!' or, 'why isn't there a button anyway?' Another one of Apples 'Think the way we want you to' ways.

I missed this I wish I had known about the app. I own SnapTap but it's not working on iOS4 or iPhone 4 (I forget which, maybe both) right now so I'm stuck waiting Boo!

Holy ****...that's a lot of revenue! Unbelievable...wish I knew something about making apps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does Apple believe that we are so Stupid that we will get confuse with the functionality of the volume button. That's ********, we are Apple Fan...and call our selves a GEEK, so please Apple Stop Underestimating us..

They can't use killswitch on jailbreak iphone.

I don't know why Comicreader Mobi never got this much attention when it was killed for similar non-approved function and the developer banned for 1 year.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

There should be a mailing list of sorts so you can get this info before Apple finds out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast