+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w Update Brings Improved Battery Life

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You're already at 1.1.1 and can't go backwards, so you have nothing to lose by trying and everything to gain. And You're welcome. From what you've described so far, and
    Thanks

You're already at 1.1.1 and can't go backwards, so you have nothing to lose by trying and everything to gain. And You're welcome.

From what you've described so far, and again I don't know how long you've had this type of poor battery performance, but I don't think it's a new app or update that is causing the drain. I think it's an old app or fix you've installed before that is carrying over.

Good Luck and post back and let us know how it goes after you've done the clean restore & JB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After reading all the reports of people having success with 1.1-1, I thought I should give it another try... but still no luck.

I was running all day yesterday with almost no battery drain, then last night I Jailbroke and installed ultrasn0w (1.1-1) - and now I'm back to 4% drain per hour

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was wondering if I should go ahead and upgrade this, I'm skeptical at the moment but think I may hold off. I'm on a 3GS with 4.0.1 with T-Mobile and my battery decrease isn't that significant. I'll have to keep an eye on it tonight when it's in standby mode overnight and see how much battery life is lost. Seems fine at the moment but I haven't paid that much attention to it. I do know that it's waayyy better than the battery life I had on my 2G, maybe that's why it's not that noticeable to me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well, i charged it last night before i was gonna jb it but fell asleep, for some odd reason the battery seems to be a lot better. i am assuming cycling the battery did it well because it went so low that the phone turned off, what i find odd is, i always cycle my batteries to 0% before charging them, and this is the 5th time since i updated ultrasn0w, so i guess 5th timeīs a charm? i did no other changes, and i seem to be getting a lot better battery life now, itīs down to 80% from last night and iīve given it heavier than avg day use wifi,browsing,cydia,appstore,etc etc, so hereīs what i can say from the experience

before you complain (like i did) of the new ultrasn0w, let the battery cycle a few times. let it drain to 0% then FULLY charge it, then notice if itīs better after a few times of cycling it, 5 in my case.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help needed!!
    Hi I have a 3GS with blacksn0w, 3.1.2 and BB 5.11.07.

I tried to install this new ultrasn0w and to my surprise it did not worked at all.

After installing it, an error appeared saying error, and in the top left corner (on carrier section) said invlaid sim. So I came back to blacksn0w.

I'm confused,because I was thinking to move to 4.0.1 but now I'm scared if I can get stuck with no unlock. Any clue people?

Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gabimaiden View Post
    Hi I have a 3GS with blacksn0w, 3.1.2 and BB 5.11.07.

I tried to install this new ultrasn0w and to my surprise it did not worked at all.

After installing it, an error appeared saying error, and in the top left corner (on carrier section) said invlaid sim. So I came back to blacksn0w.

I'm confused,because I was thinking to move to 4.0.1 but now I'm scared if I can get stuck with no unlock. Any clue people?

Thanks!
    That's what I'm running, 3GS/4.0.1

Just upgrade to 4.0.1, use jailbreakme.com(from your 3GS) then go into cydia. The repo666 repository should already be loaded, select it and install ultrasn0w. You should be all set after that!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roneraven View Post
    That's what I'm running, 3GS/4.0.1

Just upgrade to 4.0.1, use jailbreakme.com(from your 3GS) then go into cydia. The repo666 repository should already be loaded, select it and install ultrasn0w. You should be all set after that!
    Are you sure? I mean do you think I will not recieve this error after upgrading to 4.0.1? Well once I recieve my phonebook sim I will try, I need it to by pass the emergency screen :S

What if this also fails when I'm in 4.0.1? Would it be any workaround?

Thanks!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    SHSH Blobs OS iOS 4.0 = SAVED

IS THAT ALL?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gabimaiden View Post
    Are you sure? I mean do you think I will not recieve this error after upgrading to 4.0.1? Well once I recieve my phonebook sim I will try, I need it to by pass the emergency screen :S

What if this also fails when I'm in 4.0.1? Would it be any workaround?

Thanks!!
    I'm not exactly sure what the error was. I'm not one of the experts, I was just letting you know that it's easy and works fine I would ask the pros here about the errors

10. The Following User Says Thank You to roneraven For This Useful Post:

gabimaiden (08-14-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! I will do some more reserch then priori to upgrade. I saw some very few people getting the same error around the web :S

See ya!

Thanks

does anyone else have a carrier selection in the settings menu. I had this before and now its gone. Can anyone help me get it back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abuleo77 View Post
    does anyone else have a carrier selection in the settings menu. I had this before and now its gone. Can anyone help me get it back.
    Click on "Reset all network setting" under your general tab and it will come back. Mine was also missing after the update till I did that. I just didn't feel right without seeing that selection lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey!
    I've recieved my PhoneBook SIM (or it should be), the weird part is that the SIM is all white, no brand, no nothing. Is there a way to know if this SIM will work before hand? I mean to know if this is the SIM's that should help me bypass the Emergency Call Screen.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I asked about a weird error I got. I have a 3GS 3.1.2 BB 5.11.07. It's unlocked with Blacksn0w. I tried to uninstall it and install the new untrlasn0w (1.1-1) however no matter how many times I tried it keeps searching and if I put on and off airplane mode I got "SIM Failure" popup and "Invlaid SIM" on the top left corner. I tried reseting network settings, hard reset (holding home + power) everything.

I'm afraid cause I want to upgrade to 4.0/4.0.1 but if I can't manage to get the unlock to work I will kill myself!!!!!

Any clue folks? RONERAVEN told me to ask the pros, where can I directly ask the pros???

Thanks!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hi please post results of sim !

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234