+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: ultrasn0w Update Brings Improved Battery Life

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by xgus69 thats what i thought.. but i tried to make a call and i usually have full bars here.. nada.. ill try to upgrade again tomorrow maybe
...
  1. #41
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
    thats what i thought.. but i tried to make a call and i usually have full bars here.. nada.. ill try to upgrade again tomorrow maybe ill have more luck.. i didnt have battery problems anyway so im okay
    typically a full reboot (or a few) fixes this issue with the commcenter

    Quote Originally Posted by DEEPTHOUGHT@ View Post
    WHAT DOES SAVING MY SSH BLOB DO 4ME
    It will allow you to downgrade the version of iOS on your device even after Apple stops signing the version(s) in which you are attempting to downgrade to. Each iDevice has a unique set of SHSH blobs for each version of iOS...


    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    Last edited by mortopher; 08-12-2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #42
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    My SHSH files r all safe.. Check

  3. #43
    What's Jailbreak? TenKnots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Makati City, Philippines
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    great... have already updated mine... thanks..

  4. #44
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    i updated to 4.0.2 on my 3G ran redsnow 0.9.5 jailbroke and unlocked with the updated ultrasn0w.
    Me too. I updated my iPhone 3G, os 4.0.2 by redsn0w and unlock by ultrasn0w 1.1-1. I'm considering the life of the battery.

  5. #45
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Battery life
    I updated to ultrasn0w 1.1-1 and I still seem to have really bad battery life. It'll be charged 100% when I go to sleep and 8 hours later when I wake up it's at 20%.

    Am I missing something? Is there anyone that can help or has suggestions?

    Let me know what you find out. I downloaded the 1.1-1 and I'm still having the battery drain issue.
    Last edited by estevo; 08-12-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #46
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Same thing here. I installed ultrasn0w 1.1-1 today an kept an eye on my batterystatus. I'm loosing 5% of my batterypower every hour. No Bluetooth activated and just winterboard, OpenSSH and ******* installed ... What's your experience with the new Version of ultrasn0w and any suggestion for my battery problem ?

  7. #47
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Yes.. need to fix that exploit..
    So on your jailbroke phone you should go in Cydia store and search PDF.
    You will see the exploit fix.

  8. #48
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    The new Ultrasn0w 1.1-1 definitely works. I've got almost no battery drain at all. For the last 20 hours I've only lost 6% in battery with an hour use (few sms, surfing and such). Prior lost about 2-3% an hour on standby.
    Got a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 4 with IOS 4.0.1 and got Signal, SBSettings installed, but turned off push function.

  9. #49
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    This is because all the idiots who ran into the apple store and jailbreak their phones.
    can't agree more

  10. #50
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thank you. I just deactivated the push function and installed ultrasn0w again. Beside of that i've read that Openssh drains the baterry also, because it keeps a communicatio port open, so I deinstalled it. IPhone is in standby right now. 31% .... I'll check back for the battery status in one Hour. Hope this will solve the problem.

    Edit: yep, openssh caused the problem. One hour without loosing a single % :-)
    Last edited by smurf0815; 08-12-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Solution found

  11. #51
    Green Apple Markanthony3211's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by estevo View Post
    I updated to ultrasn0w 1.1-1 and I still seem to have really bad battery life. It'll be charged 100% when I go to sleep and 8 hours later when I wake up it's at 20%.

    Am I missing something? Is there anyone that can help or has suggestions?

    Let me know what you find out. I downloaded the 1.1-1 and I'm still having the battery drain issue.
    Dude, you have a lemon. Take it back to Apple. I noticed a ;dramatical' increase in my ip4 battery performance. I was on %100 for about an hour/half.
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

    'Follow Me on Twitter@Markanthony3211' I always Follow Back.

  12. #52
    iPhone? More like MyPhone qbnucca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

    How do u back you back up you shsh blobs plz I need help and I'm dumb at this kinda stuff

  13. #53
    iPhoneaholic dscottjr81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 147 Times in 109 Posts

    I saved my blobs b4 jailbreaking my iphone so I am good. Being my first jailbreak I am not familiar with the process of upgrading to a new IOS. Whenever apple release a new version of IOS do we never upgrade to it or do we upgrade then downgrade with blobs? I understand that if I upgrade to 4.0.2 I will lose my jailbreak correct?

  14. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    I think I am experiencing a heightened sense of awareness. It "feels" like my battery lasts longer. But I dunno if it is. I know my battery had "been" running out quickly but then again... I have been on my phone non stop if I am nto at work I am on Cydia or the appstore or reading ya'lls threads, Or masturbating to iPorn.(not in that order) so... I dunno.

    Quote Originally Posted by dscottjr81 View Post
    I saved my blobs b4 jailbreaking my iphone so I am good. Being my first jailbreak I am not familiar with the process of upgrading to a new IOS. Whenever apple release a new version of IOS do we never upgrade to it or do we upgrade then downgrade with blobs? I understand that if I upgrade to 4.0.2 I will lose my jailbreak correct?
    Correct. There is no reason to update. Saurik A.K.A God, has placed a patch in cydia for PDF hole and that's all that's "new" in 0.2 ( that rhymes

    If you need to restore, follow guides here, search downgrade or restore to 4.0.1 or ask one of the thousands of geniuses here to help you.

    cheers
    Last edited by kayvong8; 08-12-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #55
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    REsolved
    Last edited by juquan; 08-12-2010 at 05:17 PM.

  16. #56
    iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by juquan View Post
    I installed ultra update and i have no signal or edge or tmobile sign wtf 3gs
    reboot

  17. #57
    Green Apple Franberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    There are numerous variables that can affect battery drain. I don't think Ultrasn0w is the culprit, because not everyone who has their phone unlocked has battery drain issues. I must be one of the lucky ones. Running a 3GS on TMo, 4.0, Ultrasnowed and Winterboard installed with barely any battery drain at all.

    And for God's sake people - Please spell "losing" correctly! There is no such word as "loosing"!!

  18. #58
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Franberry View Post
    There are numerous variables that can affect battery drain. I don't think Ultrasn0w is the culprit, because not everyone who has their phone unlocked has battery drain issues.
    i agree with you on the 1st half, but i have seriously done so much to try to single out something. i donŽt wanna be burned at the stake here but the new 1.1.1 ultrasn0w eats my battery while 1.0.1 works without a hitch.

    i have a iphone 3gs with 4.0.0 JB through jailbreakme.com, and with old ultrasn0w 1.0.1 everything was fine and dandy. Now with ultrasn0w 1.1.1 the battery dies soooo fast, even with everything off. Before if i had about 30% life and went to bed, it would be on the next morning with a little bit of juice left. Now if it has 38% (or so) or less, i wake up with a powered off phone asking for charge. Any ideas or suggestions? before i would leave everything off and only have SSH on, and brightness at the same levels as now, now i turn EVERYTHING off, and it still drains faster.

    anyone know how to downgrade to ultrasn0w 1.0.1 or any ideas why my phone is dying faster with the new 1.1.1?
    open to suggestions

  19. #59
    Green Apple Franberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    I don't believe you can downgrade Ultrasn0w back to 1.0.1 but maybe you should try emailing Saurik to ask him?

    Even though you say everything was fine before - I hate to tell you but going from a 30% charge at bedtime and waking to just a trickle of battery left in the morning is far from fine and dandy. That sucks! Whatever % my battery has on it before I go to bed, when I wake in the morning....it's no more than 1-2% less than when I left it.

    It could be some other app running in the background that is the source of your drain. That turned out to be what it was for me when I had a 2G. Seriously, losing that much battery % overnight is not normal. How long has it been like that?

    If you have your SHSH backed up, you could also try a clean restore to stock 4.0 again, then re-jailbreak. Do not restore from backup; I've heard that can be a source of battery drain for some. Then one by one, add your apps back in and see if you can narrow it down.

    Sorry, meant to say Dev-team re the unlock issue, not Saurik. Brain freeze.
    Last edited by Franberry; 08-12-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #60
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    thanks for the response, i will try to go back to 4.0 and re JB but now i will be forced to update to 1.1.1 so im kinda skeptical, weŽll see how it goes, thanks for the suggestion

    also i havent installed any new apps or updates to apps recently besides ultrasn0w, so weŽll see

    also, the 30% - having some battery in the morning was "good battery life" so i guess i might have to let this one settle in and try it and maybe get better results xP
    Last edited by cytrik; 08-12-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts