Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Locktopus : Password Protect Your Apps [Review]

Locktopus is not about your wife seeing that you've locked an application, previous poster....

Locktopus is about the seamless, fast, and easy-to-use integration, directly into SpringBoard which makes it blend in with the rest of the operating system so well.

NOTE: Numerical entry, as well as some other various features are coming in v1.2 later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell209 View Post
    But none of them do it as well as Locktopus.
    Lockdown is pretty good
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Green Apple
    Thanks

Definitely worth the price in my opinion. Looks good and works seamlessly. Although iprotect seems good too. Nothing wrong with a little variety right? To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Lockdown is pretty good
    Lockdown was poorly written, leaks memory(can mess up your device temporarily!, cause kernel panics, etc), and crashes SpringBoard often. It doesn't even work on 4.0, not to mention it is ugly(has its own standalone table interface).

With Locktopus all you have to do to lock an application is hold to get into wiggle mode, and tap the lock button

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gojohnnyboi For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (08-11-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Also locking entire folders will be available in the next update.

I got it 2 days ago when I first saw it in cydia. Not respringing after every change is great! Well worth $2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3k2 View Post
    Definitely worth the price in my opinion. Looks good and works seamlessly. Although iprotect seems good too. Nothing wrong with a little variety right? To each their own.
    Well put, and of course, it is user opinion. Competition is good for the market, and brings out the best in all authors of similar idea implementations. Your feedback/opinion and fairness/willingness to give both a chance is admirable, and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    Also locking entire folders will be available in the next update.

I got it 2 days ago when I first saw it in cydia. Not respringing after every change is great! Well worth $2!!!
    As stated here by kadinh, we will be trying out best to push regular updates, including new features such as locking the expansion of folders on SpringBoard.

No promises can be made as to when updates will be released, or what exactly they will entail, but objectives can be set, and made public.

I am getting this with my next paycheck. I only allow myself $10/paycheck for App Store Apps, Themes, and Cydia apps since I've gone a bit wild before when I got bored

Anyways, I need to protect my pictures. I have quite the collection from ex's over the past few years and whenever someone uses my phone I have to tell them not to open my pics.

Looking forward to numeric support.

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Without a doubt the absolute best lock app ive used yet. been messing with it all day and managed to lock all apps LOL) and put a different pass for each one. Photographic memory is a good thing for sure
    Awesome app keep em coming!. Cant wait for folder lock and maybe even the ability lock down only certain things inside of things like text.? (Like messaging is still unlocked but you can lock just a certain caht thread? IMO this would make the app the standalone best out there!

Just installed on my iPhone 4. Much better than lockdown. 2.00 is a good price for the piece of mind if you loose your phone. Never know who will get your info. Look forward to numeric input.

I bet the goverment use this on the notes app to keep the nuclear launch codes safe.

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    I am getting this with my next paycheck. I only allow myself $10/paycheck for App Store Apps, Themes, and Cydia apps since I've gone a bit wild before when I got bored

Anyways, I need to protect my pictures. I have quite the collection from ex's over the past few years and whenever someone uses my phone I have to tell them not to open my pics.

Looking forward to numeric support.
    Glad to hear of your interest! I can certainly understand that, as I once spent over 100 dollars on App Store alone (Woops)

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    Without a doubt the absolute best lock app ive used yet. been messing with it all day and managed to lock all apps LOL) and put a different pass for each one. Photographic memory is a good thing for sure
    Awesome app keep em coming!. Cant wait for folder lock and maybe even the ability lock down only certain things inside of things like text.? (Like messaging is still unlocked but you can lock just a certain caht thread? IMO this would make the app the standalone best out there!
    Thanks! Keep an eye out for future updates!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What theme is that in the screenshots?

Is there a option to use a SBSetting toggle to activate/deactivate the lock and app?

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Is there a option to use a SBSetting toggle to activate/deactivate the lock and app?
    Not yet, but I believe that someone is making one currently. You can probably expect to see one in Cydia soon, and if not, perhaps we will include one with a future update.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

useful app indeed
    i will wait till a free app-like is released ^^

How does having the icon on the bottom left cooperate/interact/play nice with Backgrounder's badge?

Have you (the developers) looked into moving the badge to the bottom right or at least providing an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    How does having the icon on the bottom left cooperate/interact/play nice with Backgrounder's badge?

Have you (the developers) looked into moving the badge to the bottom right or at least providing an option?
    This badge only shows in wiggle mode, so it will(while in wiggle mode) override backgrounder's badge. In the future, we MAY provide a placement option, but for now, it's the place that LEAST conflicts with anything.

In the screenshots top left you don't have any signal bars.

How did you achieve this?

Last edited by mymyi; 08-10-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: added picture

Quote Originally Posted by Vandale View Post
    Good app but 2 dollars. There are apps in Cydia that do this for free.
    Douche!!

If you have nothing good to say STFU!

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel_Dan View Post
    Does this work on the iPad or is there something that will do this for the iPad?
    Yes it works on iPad and iPhone. I just downloaded it on iPad and iPhone; very smooth integration into ios4. Highly recommended.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast