+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Makes Telling Revelation to the SEC

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
lol, I thought it meant to NCAA confrence SEC
    Thanks

lol, I thought it meant to NCAA confrence SEC
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    Well if it was such a hassle to build a CDMA iPhone how the heck would it go to Sprint?

Sprint is CDMA! Think before you post.
    Cause I use I walkie talkie that uses simcard on sprint. So yes I do think b4 I talk....

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

I admit that I am seriously considering switching to Verizon once my contract on my 3GS is up in January 2011. Besides, I can't purchase an IPhone 4 until then anyway. IF ATT WAS SMART... they would allow people to switch and sign up for the IPhone 4 way before their contract is up, thereby keeping their customers on the lease leash!

Thanks

Love my AT&T rollover

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by havoc0351 View Post
    AT&T and Verizon are almost the same in all aspects. They both have high charges if you cancel early, they both have similar phone and data plans for around the same price, and if they both had the iPhone there would be no difference. Here in California I have At&t and I get 3G everywhere I go. I live in San Diego but I travel up as far as Santa Maria so I know what I'm talking about. There hasn't been a place I have gone that has very little or no signal.
    My wife had Verizon and canceled her plan because she felt she was paying too much for what she was getting. One of my friends jumped on the iPhone band wagon a while ago because of his spotty service and he didn't like his old phone.
    I'm in the Marine Corps and everytime I go to a new base or leave for training in the middle of nowhere I always have reception while everyone else on different networks doesn't. That's just my experience though. Some people have horrible luck and happen to get screwed over a lot. If you're unhappy with At&t by all means make the jump and free up the network please.
    All I know is that if you buy an iPhone with Verizon you're stuck on CDMA but if you buy one from Apple or At&t you can pick your poison from a variety of networks.
    Question, since you can't make a call and surf the web on the CDMA network how would that affect Verizons iPhone? Anyone know?
    well said.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Screw it im going to coffee cans and strings

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You people realize that once you do switch to Verizon or Sprint or some other company you are only going to find things to complain about once you do switch. I personally love AT&T never had a problem with it. I used to get a ton more dropped calls, and never get service anywhere with Verizon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    I think att is right there not going to feel much hurt losing exclusivity of the iphone. Yes people are going to go to verizon if they get the iphone,but not in all areas verizon sucks in oklahoma. Att is about 65 percent of the arkansas/oklahoma cell phone market which leave 35 percent to sprint, us cellular, verizon,cricket, and prepaid customers so needless to say they arent going to feel any hurt in this area. Now places like california from what i heard att is horrible and verizon rules so they would probably hurt a little in areas like these. But i dont know how many people would cancel and pay 325 dollar cancelation fee right off the bat if verizon got the iphone as well.
    Att has lots of great phones and a lot of great features with there rate plans and add ons i am sure each carrier has its perk one way or another but i guess you will just have to way out whats worth it to you. I am a little byist to att because i work there but i also believe in there products not just cell phone service but also there home products as well. I chose att to work for because its hard for me to try and sell anything else in this area and compare it to att and say its better.
    Being that I am one of the 65% that you are talking about does not mean that we are happy, just no other choices! If Verzion get the iphone it will hurt AT&T big time!

AT&T talks about the 4g, well in my opinion they need to get 3g everywhere they serve first!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been dropping calls like a rookie reciever with my 3Gs since the 4 came out. Makes me want to jump on the verizon boat more so than not... :'(

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have no problem with at&t i cant wait till i can get me iphone 4

Thanks

[QUOTE=westerman;5390820]In att contract starting november 6th all smart phones must have a data plan and in the apple contract as well it says the same thing. Att interest is your money its a business they run a business you have to pay to play.

A few month ago I went into the AT&T store for something, and a old friend of mine was in there and I had not seen him for a long time and we were talking and he was wanting a new phone as the one he had, can't remember but looked several years old and was some kind of flip phone!

When it was his turn with the agent he ask about a new phone, he was wanting a free new one!

The agent told him that the only new free ones were smart phones, and he didn't really want a smart phone but since it free he ask about it!

The AT&T agent told him he would have to have a data account if he took the new free phone, which was not an Iphone!

My friend told the agent that all he wanted was to be able to make and receive phone calls and have voice mail!

The AT&T agent told him it did not matter if he wanted the data pakage or not he would have to agree to a 2yr contract!

My friend told the agent that he would not use it and did not want to pay for something he was never going to use!

The agent told him that if he choose any smart phone he would have to take the data package as that was the way it was!

My friend not wanting anything teckie said no thank you and left!

So yes any smart phone with AT&T will require a data package! And soon there will only be smart phones!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to area51crypto For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (08-10-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    If Verzion get the iphone it will hurt AT&T big time!
    I agree that AT&T will take a hit but I don't think they'll be crying themselves to sleep at night. They were one of the top service providers way before the iPhone came along. Anyone jumping ship ahead of time will have to pay up so that's still money in their pocket. Besides with so many people doing so it will free up their network and crowd Verizon's. Now AT&T's service will be smoother and once again have great customer satisfaction. Now Verizon is going to have the problems that AT&T first had...

AT&T talks about the 4g, well in my opinion they need to get 3g everywhere they serve first!
    They do have 3G everywhere they service the MOST customers and now they need to service those customers with 4G. Remember, this is a business and business is good in the areas where they have lots of customers. If they have a lot of customers in a certain area with certain plans and options, those are the places that will have priority... unfortunately. It's not fair but neither is life...
    Last edited by havoc0351; 08-10-2010 at 01:44 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to havoc0351 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-10-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by havoc0351 View Post
    I agree that AT&T will take a hit but I don't think they'll be crying themselves to sleep at night. They were one of the top service providers way before the iPhone came along. Anyone jumping ship ahead of time will have to pay up so that's still money in their pocket. Besides with so many people doing so it will free up their network and crowd Verizon's. Now AT&T's service will be smoother and once again have great customer satisfaction. Now Verizon is going to have the problems that AT&T first had...

They do have 3G everywhere they service the MOST customers and now they need to service those customers with 4G now. Remember, this is a business and business is good in the areas where they have lots of customers. If they have a lot of customers in a certain area with certain plans and options, those are the places that will have priority... unfortunately. It's not fair but neither is life...
    This is true as to have AT&T 3g you must live in a very big city or real close to it!

But yes life goes on even with 3g!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky MciPhone View Post
    I've been dropping calls like a rookie reciever with my 3Gs since the 4 came out. Makes me want to jump on the verizon boat more so than not... :'(
    I think the 3G and the 3GS both had problems but they were on the phones side not the network. When I first had the 3G I major problems with it. It kept resetting and erasing my data. After a free swap my new 3G had about 30 dropped calls a week. My wife, however, had no problems whatsoever.
    When we both bought our 3GS's I didn't have a singel problem but my wife nearly had a heart attack with the first 3GS she had. Once it was swapped by Apple for free the problem was solved.
    I actually waited until the end of July to buy our iPhone 4's and we haven't had a problem since.
    Lesson: It's not always a good idea to be the first one on your block with a cool new electronic device. The first one's seem to always make your life difficult...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foxmax View Post
    Agree.. Correct me if I'm wrong, I know that iPhone 4 is avaiable all over Europe on different carriers. Is there a CDMA iPhone overthere yet? As far as I know, nope.....
    That's because the U.S. is basically the only country to use CDMA. There might be a carrier or two in the carribbean or south America that does but otherwise it is only in the u.s.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    No CDMA iPhone has as of yet been created. There has been talk of Apple working on a CDMA iPhone in order to expand their market in China. If they do so, then you can look at the iPhone coming to other CDMA carriers.

You'll have an iPhone that can't do simultaneous voice and data, that's how it'll affect it. I think a lot of users would make that choice. Not me, but a lot.
    I thought I heard apple has already made an order for CDMA chips. Like for real- for once.

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    I admit that I am seriously considering switching to Verizon once my contract on my 3GS is up in January 2011. Besides, I can't purchase an IPhone 4 until then anyway. IF ATT WAS SMART... they would allow people to switch and sign up for the IPhone 4 way before their contract is up, thereby keeping their customers on the lease leash!
    That's what they did already when iPhone 4 came out.....I seen people with well over a year left on their contract get to upgrade early with very little or no fees at all.
    Last edited by skj8100; 08-10-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Being that I am one of the 65% that you are talking about does not mean that we are happy, just no other choices! If Verzion get the iphone it will hurt AT&T big time!

What do u mean you don't have choices u have tmobile and verizon why aren't you with them? Probably because the service isn't to great so you have choices so don't give me that bs excuse.
    And Att isn't working on a 4g network Att is working on a true 3G network.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah verizon may be a little more expensize .. but im sick and tierd of payin 125 dollars a month for a service that is terrible at my home ... i use the mark my spot app everyday to complain ... stiill no text message from them .. no response .. so finally i decided to call customer service and give them what i thought ,,, long story short .. i was bribed not to cancel and basically this is where the laugh begins ... i had a bum tell me i can get a FREE 3G MICROCELL FREE OF CHARGE NO MONTHY PAYMENT .. NOTHING ....I i tell him that i do not have home internet i use a neighbors and he tells me that i can put it in THIER HOME .. which is almost 250 feet- 300 away .. and he says that it will work flawlessly ... ok im sorry but i was f****** lied to completely .. bc those things from what i gather are a scam for starters and if you go 40 feet away they wont even reach ... and i told the bum how far my neighbor was away ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foxmax View Post
    Cause I use I walkie talkie that uses simcard on sprint. So yes I do think b4 I talk....
    Well Verizon and Sprint are GSM outside of the US so I'm sure your phone has a sim slot for outside the US but, in the US where this site is based and most of it's membership comes from Sprint is CDMA so a newly manufactured iPhone would be necessary.

Thanks

What do u mean you don't have choices u have tmobile and verizon why aren't you with them? Probably because the service isn't to great so you have choices so don't give me that bs excuse.
    Like I said they are not many choices! Tmobile is not where I am and I do have an Iphone and I use to be with Altell which is about like AT&T and yes I know that verzion took over altell and in my state is spending like 80 million dollars to expand its abilities!

Sprint is availible but its only good along the freeway and that is for any service!

Let me guess you live in or around a big city, like maybe Oklahoma City! I am sure 3g is great there!

I do not live in or around a big city nor would I want to but for you I am sure its great!

If I hear a car door slam I go to the door as I got company! My work use to require me to travel and yes it was hard for me to sleep as all the noise. But for some that is ok!

As far as 3g its just has not made it here yet, suppost to be by the end of the year, but see it before I belive it!

And yes I sure it is bs to you but its the truth here!

Thanks

I just googled it and I believe it's the HSPA 7.2 3G network. It's suppose to be the fastest nationwide but the least consistent when compared to all other carriers.

Link to the review:
    The Fastest Mobile Networks 2010 - The Fastest Mobile Networks | PCMag.com