+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Makes Telling Revelation to the SEC

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The end of exclusivity does NOT mean the end of locking. With all current phones locked, only 10% of the total market jb'd, and even less unlocked, AT&T is likely
    Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The end of exclusivity does NOT mean the end of locking. With all current phones locked, only 10% of the total market jb'd, and even less unlocked, AT&T is likely to only see a small reduction in new subscribers growth.

Why else do you think contracts are now 2 years?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Well, I guess we can at least be thankful this wasn't titled "ATT admits exclusivity contract will soon be over"

LOL that was always EVER the only significance.
    What about T-Mobile owners who want to take advantage of their 3G network?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    In att contract starting november 6th all smart phones must have a data plan and in the apple contract as well it says the same thing. Att interest is your money its a business they run a business you have to pay to play.
    You have to read his post better.
    He did not buy it from AT&T, bought the phone without contract.
    So AT&T do not have the right to put data on his plan without his permission.
    To original poster, you need to speak with the manager... These peons do not know what they are doing, getting paid minimum wage they wouldn't care. Manager will make sure you will be taken care of, especially when you mention how many times you had to do this and getting pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    LoL.... you have an iPhone with at-t and you HAVE to have data... no choice in the matter. Don't want to pay for a data plan, don't use iPhone on at-t, simple.
    People read clearly... He did not buy from AT&T he is not under iPhone contract.
    Last edited by unison999; 08-10-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inyuke View Post
    AT&T has been pissing me off lately.. EVERY month they add me cellular data when i dont even need it. They send me a txt message saying the iphone needs cellular data and that my phone was added to cellular data! and i have to call EVERY TIME for those retards to take it off.. i DID NOT buy the phone from AT&T so what is it their interest in monitoring what kind of phone i use?
    Thankfully, they've only done this to my old 3G, now used by my wife, once. The phone pictured on her line when viewing our account online is again an iPhone, but they've not tried to attach a data plan to her line again. Perhaps I screamed loud enough?

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    People read clearly... He did not buy from AT&T he is not under iPhone contract.
    Doesn't matter. Their agreement with Apple, and their terms of service say "iPhone=data plan".
    Last edited by Trooper Sam; 08-10-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's about time.0r is it the rosh to the end

Apples makes mistake on antenna so At&hell is out

Well version is coming now!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Buffolus; 08-10-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 Times in 2,213 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    You have to read his post better.
    He did not buy it from AT&T, bought the phone without contract.
    So AT&T do not have the right to put data on his plan without his permission.
    To original poster, you need to speak with the manager... These peons do not know what they are doing, getting paid minimum wage they wouldn't care. Manager will make sure you will be taken care of, especially when you mention how many times you had to do this and getting pissed off.

That doesnt matter i am not in contract either but you need to read the iphone user agreements you must have the data plan if you can show in a document were it says if you by an iphone from a buddy you dont have to have the data plan ill give you a dollar!
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Their CDMA coming to apple store this month

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Come on Tmobile please get the phone.. and yes it is a big deal because I want my damn 3g!!

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think their will be CDMA version of the iphone period.. If anything they will stick with their GSM Build and Share it with AT&T and T-Mobile.. I can possibly see them starting to offer an unlocked iPhone at full retail price or a discounted iphone with a service plan from either at&t or t-mobile respectably.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a gut feeling that it will also move to t-mobile and quite possibly sprint... Is to much hustle for apple to built a cdma iPhone. It would make sense for them to do so. Don't you think?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I want everyone to be able to
    Get the iPhone!! I have about 10 close friends that would buy an iPhone today if they could do it on their service provider (verizon), the more the merrier!! Things like FaceTime r useless to me without others having the iPhone, along with other fun info sharing games and apps!

Why all the hate and fuss! Does it make u feel special to be in the iPhone club while others can't??

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Really hope T-Mobile gets the iPhone because their prices are awesome! This will in turn make my at&t bill lower.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SMokemyPole88 View Post
    I don't think their will be CDMA version of the iphone period.. If anything they will stick with their GSM Build and Share it with AT&T and T-Mobile.. I can possibly see them starting to offer an unlocked iPhone at full retail price or a discounted iphone with a service plan from either at&t or t-mobile respectably.
    Agree.. Correct me if I'm wrong, I know that iPhone 4 is avaiable all over Europe on different carriers. Is there a CDMA iPhone overthere yet? As far as I know, nope.....

Thanks

AT&T and Verizon are almost the same in all aspects. They both have high charges if you cancel early, they both have similar phone and data plans for around the same price, and if they both had the iPhone there would be no difference. Here in California I have At&t and I get 3G everywhere I go. I live in San Diego but I travel up as far as Santa Maria so I know what I'm talking about. There hasn't been a place I have gone that has very little or no signal.
    My wife had Verizon and canceled her plan because she felt she was paying too much for what she was getting. One of my friends jumped on the iPhone band wagon a while ago because of his spotty service and he didn't like his old phone.
    I'm in the Marine Corps and everytime I go to a new base or leave for training in the middle of nowhere I always have reception while everyone else on different networks doesn't. That's just my experience though. Some people have horrible luck and happen to get screwed over a lot. If you're unhappy with At&t by all means make the jump and free up the network please.
    All I know is that if you buy an iPhone with Verizon you're stuck on CDMA but if you buy one from Apple or At&t you can pick your poison from a variety of networks.
    Question, since you can't make a call and surf the web on the CDMA network how would that affect Verizons iPhone? Anyone know?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

No CDMA iPhone has as of yet been created. There has been talk of Apple working on a CDMA iPhone in order to expand their market in China. If they do so, then you can look at the iPhone coming to other CDMA carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc0351 View Post
    Question, since you can't make a call and surf the web on the CDMA network how would that affect Verizons iPhone? Anyone know?
    You'll have an iPhone that can't do simultaneous voice and data, that's how it'll affect it. I think a lot of users would make that choice. Not me, but a lot.
    Last edited by Trooper Sam; 08-10-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Get the iPhone!! I have about 10 close friends that would buy an iPhone today if they could do it on their service provider (verizon), the more the merrier!! Things like FaceTime r useless to me without others having the iPhone, along with other fun info sharing games and apps!

Why all the hate and fuss! Does it make u feel special to be in the iPhone club while others can't??
    There is no hate over here I do really hope every carrier gets it. The question is werthere apple will commit to it. I think it will happen but not for while....

Thanks

I agree, I only use Facetime with about 3 people! Man that sucks. My sister is on T-Mobile and it would be awesome if I could use Facetime with her. I'd like to see my neice more often since I live quite a bit aways...

Yes, yes I do feel special!!!

Thanks

Guys your wrong. The rates will either be the same or make no sense to change iPhone carriers. Tmobile is cheap cuz they don't carry the iPhone and can't put u on a mandatory data plan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    You'll have an iPhone that can't do simultaneous voice and data, that's how it'll affect it. I think a lot of users would make that choice. Not me, but a lot.
    Exactly, so what would even be the point? It's like saying that Verizon just got the new iPhone that is exactly the same except there is no Facetime...

That actually brings another question to mind. I wonder if Facetime would function properly since it has to switch from voice to data simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Guys your wrong. The rates will either be the same or make no sense to change iPhone carriers. Tmobile is cheap cuz they don't carry the iPhone and can't put u on a mandatory data plan.
    Actually, if T-mobile offered the iPhone the rates would probably still be cheap because the service is cheap. Remember, you get what you pay for and there is no way in hell I'd pay as much as I would on At&t or Verizon for T-mobile.

My sister has T-mobile and she drops more calls than anyone else I know. Sometimes when I call her it says the number is no longer in service, disconnected or not taking any calls. I call back in a minute or two and it goes through fine. Once I couldn't call her all day but she could call me... weird.
    Last edited by havoc0351; 08-10-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foxmax View Post
    I have a gut feeling that it will also move to t-mobile and quite possibly sprint... Is to much hustle for apple to built a cdma iPhone. It would make sense for them to do so. Don't you think?
    Well if it was such a hassle to build a CDMA iPhone how the heck would it go to Sprint?

Sprint is CDMA! Think before you post.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

skj8100 (08-10-2010)