Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi Weekly Jailbreak App Store Update: August 9th, 2010

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I use 10GB - 30GB on my $15 MEdia NET plan every month! Did I forget to mention off contract too? AT&T ain't said s**t to me!

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyPR View Post
    Currently, MY3G is having problems with Facetime for the iPhone 4. It only gives exactly one minute of connection and then drops the call. It has happened to various people here on the forum including me. I bought the app, I support our developers and I'm confident that this issue will be solved, but for the moment wait for the bug fix.
    FaceTime Broken...Not by JB though
    i am having the same issues... it freezes up around 1 minutes and the just dropps off. i am now replacing it with 3g unrestrictor... see how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac94pimpin View Post
    Does MyWi work with an XBOX or will it be rally laggy?

i always wondered
    It should

Thank you for being more on top of things than the community based spreadsheets. The one i use says five column springboard is still broken but it definitely is not

3g unrestrictor is the better choice over my3g!!! Confirmed!!!

I used My3g until 3g unrestrictor came out, and I have to say 3gu is a better experience. A big problem I had with My3g is even when I turned it off, it still used 3g over wifi. So even connected to a WIFI network, My3G would still push my facetime calls to 3g. It wasn't until I uninstalled it that it stopped.

3g unrestrictor hasn't had that problem, or any for that matter.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

Must say that those that read the fine print, I've only seen a 5 gb limit on Dataconnect plans. This is not the plan for phones but rather the plan for internet tethering and pc network cards. correct me if wrong.

confucious: Just to set the record straight. My3G had facetime first. 3G Unrestrictor literally stole the code (I'm sure chpwn, etc will confirm them dissassembling our code against our EULA which we're looking into legal action). 3G Unrestrictor also stole My3G's implementation when it first came out as well. So I can hardly understand your comment.

So we must sponsor/own TUAW, Engadget, Gizmodo, and others? My3G was featured because it was first and it rocks. If MMi, was Rock biased, you wouldn't see "Cydia Apps" at the top of each page.

Ultimately, there's a very small community that is not open to Rock. I think Gizmodo puts it best in 16 Reasons to Jailbreak Your iPhone or iPod Touch NOW, "The jailbreak scene has matured in ways that many assumed it couldn't, most of which are embodied by Rock, which is essentially the other jailbreak app storefront... Some people prefer the flashier Rock to the straightforward Cydia in all ways....."

Roninjinn: I would love to see some a video of that happening - where u ended a call - restarted on wifi, and see the Settings -> Network. For me, it's always on WiFi if WiFi is available on My3G. (My3G works great for me
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks for all the info dude, keep it coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyPR View Post
    Currently, MY3G is having problems with Facetime for the iPhone 4. It only gives exactly one minute of connection and then drops the call. It has happened to various people here on the forum including me. I bought the app, I support our developers and I'm confident that this issue will be solved, but for the moment wait for the bug fix.
    FaceTime Broken...Not by JB though
    I've had no problems of any kind like that.

Speak for yourselves. I've had conversations of several minutes with My3G over 3G.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

skeels (08-10-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    confucious: Just to set the record straight. My3G had facetime first. 3G Unrestrictor literally stole the code (I'm sure chpwn, etc will confirm them dissassembling our code against our EULA which we're looking into legal action). 3G Unrestrictor also stole My3G's implementation when it first came out as well. So I can hardly understand your comment.
    If that is the case then you do, indeed deserve credit. Was My3G released before 3GU then?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

whats the difference between MyWi and 3G unrestrictor?

^ MyWi lets you tether, 3G unrestricter and My3g let you do things on 3G you could only do on Wifi

15. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

nyrajputz (08-11-2010)

oops sorry, i meant which is better: 3g unrestrictor or My3G?

sorry psuskeels, but rock is a pita... there is just no good reason to duplicate cydia's functionality. its free and it works great. I;m all for competition when it serves the user experience, but this just serves to make another group profit. what if there were 3 jb stores... or even 10, it wouldn't improve life for the end user.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post

The following apps have been updated to work with iOS 4. Not much more to say other than that. For the most part, you will probably all have these updates installed already. These are in no particular order. For a full list go here

Winterboard (Still some minor bugs for older themes)
    Umm... WinterBoard needs A LOT of work. Saying it has some "minor bugs for older themes" is an understatement.

With all the image names being changed, WinterBoard is for all intents and purposes, utterly useless for theming on an iPhone 4.

So you use themes that have problems?

Most dont.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lolcats View Post
    i knew this infi-folder mod was coming, but it doesn't make it any less amazing.

now all we need are springjumps and infiniboard
    Although promised I don't think you will ever see infiniboard upgraded as the dev is pushing new software infinifolders!

sbschedule and snaptap have both just been updated to fully support iOS 4 and iPhone 4!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123