+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi Weekly Jailbreak App Store Update: August 9th, 2010

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by klouud What is better on iOS4 - My3G or 3G Unrestrictor? I have been using 3G Unrestrictor with FW3 and love it. Opinions? I'll take 3G Unrestrictor
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    What is better on iOS4 - My3G or 3G Unrestrictor? I have been using 3G Unrestrictor with FW3 and love it. Opinions?
    I'll take 3G Unrestrictor over My3G just so I dont have to deal with Rock.

Thanks

I'd like to use Infinidock but when I install it - all of my apps get thrown out of their folders and it puts 1-4 apps per page. It would take way too long to sort through that mess...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Which is better? My3g or 3g unrestricror?

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice Article

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niklpl8dpokets View Post
    does anybody know if at&t will charge extra if i use MyWi? i still have the old unlimited data plan for 30 bucks but is there gonna be any extra charges if i tether with MyWi?
    I tried this method (I have the same as you do on my plan) and got a message saying I have to activate Tethering through AT&T to use the mobile hotspot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    I think unlimited data still has some kind of cap per month. Not sure if it's 5 gigs or so. But you'll be well within your data usage on your phone data. I look at it like this. If your uploading/downloading data via a tethered device such as an iPad or laptop. Now say you couldn't tether... You would be transferring data on your phone. So if you don't go out of your data range on your phone you wouldn't on a tethered device
    Used 7.2 gigs last month and 6.5 the month before with the old unlimited plan and no extra charges for me. (About 1/2 of the data usage was while on mywi)

Thanks

SBSchedule very buggy

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope I also have the old unlimited data plan and I am still using MyWi on 4.0.1 and there has been no extra charge on my bill.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziggie216 View Post
    I'll take 3G Unrestrictor over My3G just so I dont have to deal with Rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by invictusjoff View Post
    Which is better? My3g or 3g unrestricror?
    3G Unrestrictor FTW!

I'm sick of Rock. I wish they would make a cydia accessible version of MyWi 4. I have no other need for rock once I've purchased MyWi so I have to purchase MyWi legitimately and then go back and install a ****** version of it just so that I can get rock off of my phone. Thankfully though chpwn mentioned that there will be a mywi competitor coming to Cydia relatively soon!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have found that SBSchedule actually uses more battery power than the function you turn off with it , it is completely f#%^ed to be honest. I also seem to have some invisible schedule I can't remove as well, it's firing off a sched 12 minutes before it's supposed to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brbortscheller View Post
    Nice. My3G...does it only let you do facetime on 3G or what else does it do?
    It tells your iDevice that your on WiFi when your on 3G.. meaning any apps (such as the app store restricting large size applications or face time on the iPhone 4) can be done over 3G
    What's the Number 1 iPhone 4 App Download.. A Public Phone Box Locator

Thanks

It is no secret that I am no fan of Rock but I can't be the only one that finds it strange that My3G - which fails with Facetime on the iPhone 4, gets a full review while 3GUnrestrictor which is available in Cydia and was around before My3G barely gets a mention.

Do Rock actually sponsor Modmyi? If not, why is MMi promoting their products over existing ones that work better?

I don't believe I am letting my dislike of Rock cloud my judgement but I do find this very strange - is there an explanation I am missing?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

@confucious I agree 100%. I have found Rock unstable as well and don't have it on my iPhone 4. While My3G may be fine, 3G Unrestrictor works smoothly for me and has been fine the few times I've used it with Facetime as well.

That said, MyWi is an incredibly sweet and useful app.
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

Thanks

I think unlimited data still has some kind of cap per month. Not sure if it's 5 gigs or so. But you'll be well within your data usage on your phone data. I look at it like this. If your uploading/downloading data via a tethered device such as an iPad or laptop. Now say you couldn't tether... You would be transferring data on your phone. So if you don't go out of your data range on your phone you wouldn't on a tethered device
    That is incorrect. The original $30.00 iPhone data plan is unlimited and has no 5GB or 2GB limit. This is the reason is pushing hard to get those users on the new $25.00 2GB plan.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    That is incorrect. The original $30.00 iPhone data plan is unlimited and has no 5GB or 2GB limit. This is the reason is pushing hard to get those users on the new $25.00 2GB plan.
    Ha ha that's good! Usually there is fine print that I never read and unlimited never means unlimited. Lol but maybe AT&T isn't as bad as we thought. I can't believe some of you guys are hitting 6 or 7 gigs a month. Sheeesh. I hit 9 gigs on my gs for the whole year last year

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It is no secret that I am no fan of Rock but I can't be the only one that finds it strange that My3G - which fails with Facetime on the iPhone 4, gets a full review while 3GUnrestrictor which is available in Cydia and was around before My3G barely gets a mention.

Do Rock actually sponsor Modmyi? If not, why is MMi promoting their products over existing ones that work better?

I don't believe I am letting my dislike of Rock cloud my judgement but I do find this very strange - is there an explanation I am missing?
    I purchased 3g Unrestrictor on my 3gs and then it did not work on my iphone4 in the beginning, so I purchased my3g. 3g unrestrictor made a much more quiet comeback about thier facetime support. As someone that owns both I will say they both seem to work well...I havent had the 1 minute bug with facetime over 3g. I am also no fan of rock but alot of times first to market wins temporarily until better software arrives...as a user of miwi also I will wait until there is a cydia option for that so I can remove rock completely.

As far as the question about your unlimited data plan. There is a "soft" limit of 6gb, meaning that if you go over it occasionally they will just ignore it. But I tend to run about 5-10gb a month and have never had an issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Removed
    Last edited by draver; 08-10-2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread

My iPhone is a Part of Me primalscream.40's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krazy4me2bme View Post
    Used 7.2 gigs last month and 6.5 the month before with the old unlimited plan and no extra charges for me. (About 1/2 of the data usage was while on mywi)
    My thoughts exactly but most of my usage is almost all tethering lol. Love my Phone again

Banned
    Thanks

Ha ha that's good! Usually there is fine print that I never read and unlimited never means unlimited. Lol but maybe AT&T isn't as bad as we thought. I can't believe some of you guys are hitting 6 or 7 gigs a month. Sheeesh. I hit 9 gigs on my gs for the whole year last year
    There is fine print, and the unlimited plan is in fact limited to 5 GB. AT&T doesn't really enforce that limit, but there is indeed a limit as defined in the PLAN TERMS - Wireless from AT&T. Just because AT&T doesn't enforce it now doesn't mean they won't in the future.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does MyWi work with an XBOX or will it be rally laggy?

i always wondered