Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Hardware Chief Quit/Fired

quit
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Next!

Someone had to to be held accountable for it.

We now know it sucks to work in Apple and be known as the "Antennae Guy"

Lol what if he "mysteriously" disappears in a week time? I blame Apple lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    Are iPhones that are being built now going to have the same problem? Or have they already implemented the new design
    Into their new devixes?
    mixed result.. no official words

few other forums and youtube i seen some has problem and some doesn't... result varies.

Hopefuly Europe should get a revised iPhone 4 (4.5) in Early next year for the Mini-USB
    ModMy

Stv should sack himself he signed off on the device knowing it had issues
    Last edited by dsg; 08-08-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Design gets approved. Apple realizes the problems, makes bumpers, removes field test mode from iOS4. Releases iPhone to public, denies issue, admits issue, blames it on all smartphones...Fires designer. Guess someone had to pay for all the free cases.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaileshashar View Post
    Well for such a big design flaw, yes he should be sacked !
    I don't really think it is the design flaw as much as an assembly problem!

What was it about 2 or 3 percent of all the Iphone 4 made that had the problem!

I have an Iphone 4 which is not affected as I can even moisten my finger and cannot make mine act up!

The thing that get me as they are not trying to fix the problem with the Iphone 4 just doctor it up ride it out and then the Iphone 5 will be out and I would bet it will not have the problem!

Another thing is that I have heard the Apple and Steve Jobs
    new of the problem before release and still did nothing!

Probality the proto type Iphone 4 was assembled at apple and yes were better assembled!

I be the China sweat shops turned them out as fast as possible and I don't even know it they were even tested other that power on a off!

And Steve Jobs is going to find a patsy to blame it all own!

The antenna design really isn't that bad. Mine will drop a few bars if I purposely try to make them. I just

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Of course the iPhone 5 won't have the same problem....what do u think that second "temporary" iPhone plant is for? Indoor golf cart racing?

Yup
    Last edited by PWNsyst3m; 08-08-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PWNsyst3m View Post
    The antenna design really isn't that bad. Mine will drop a few bars if I purposely try to make them drop. But overall I love the iPhone 4. I wouldn't won't to go back.......ever. Lol
    So if u bought a Ferrari and it occasionally had problems with its engine power output and made about as much power as a dodge neon when it acted up......you would be okay with that to?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

redwolf (08-08-2010), sparawan (08-08-2010)

100% truth. I thought it was so weird when jobs annouced they were offering a case for the iPhone since they had never done that in the past. The pieces to the puzzle were put together very quickly.
    Last edited by sparawan; 08-08-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Nvm I just got it to drop a call while death gripping it. Good thing I always use a case.
    Last edited by PWNsyst3m; 08-08-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I believe previous report that Jobs chose this design, with the antenna engineering warning him about such design. Because Jobs debacle on this Antennagate, and Jobs is suppose to be infallible someone high up have to step down to protect Jobs infallibility. That is what I see here, a guy high up step down because he is not Apple he is not Jobs.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

juggz143 (08-08-2010)

Jobs chose it likely because it was offered to him and argued for by this guy. It was likely by his recommendation that Jobs chose and championed the effort. News flash: Steve Jobs is not an engineer and doesn't believe himself to be.

Anyway, it appears that half of you still can't differentiate between the death grip and the other antenna problem (bridging). In addition, there are the Bluetooth and, face sensor, and noise-canceling issues. Don't let Apple or anyone else fool you into thinking that "death grip" is the only iPhone 4 problem and that its only problems affect all other phones. All together, the iPhone 4 is the least usable iPhone of all for making and maintaining phone calls and it has nothing to do with "death grip" OR the bridging issue. The BT connection issues triggers the noise-canceling issue just as switching to BT mid-call (muffles your voice over re-established BT) and the face sensor issue causes disconnected calls (and worse!). That leaves you with speakerphone, which isn't always viable.
    Last edited by CZroe; 08-12-2010 at 02:44 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

UiK (08-08-2010)

My iPhone 4 is highly usable.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope he was fired .... Then he can collect unemployment

Quote Originally Posted by PWNsyst3m View Post
    The antenna design really isn't that bad. Mine will drop a few bars if I purposely try to make them. I just
    not that bad you say? Check my comparison out, you tell me if I'm trying hard to death grip my phone, what a joke...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot0vpY5fjBc]YouTube - ‪iPhone 4 'Death Grip' FIDO Canada‬‎[/ame]

will they exchange my iphone if i say i have the death grip problem? even with the case i lose bars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast