+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Signal: REAL Signal Strength, Cell Info & More

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by rhekt other than the death grip "game" *rollsEyes* its merely a geek tech novelty. absolutely no utility unless your an unlocker. I wouldn't agree with that. I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    other than the death grip "game" *rollsEyes* its merely a geek tech novelty. absolutely no utility unless your an unlocker.
    I wouldn't agree with that. I don't unlock my phone, and I still think it's interesting to know where my local cell towers are located. If I'm in a building and getting poor service, knowing where my local tower is can help me reposition myself for a better signal.

Quote Originally Posted by eeej View Post
    A very cool app, however, it does appear to leach battery even when it's not being used.

My phone goes into airplane mode fully charged at night and with signal installed it'll be at 86% by morning, compared to still 100% without
    I'm experiencing this as well. I guess I'll leave it un-installed until I need it. Interestingly enough, most of the other people having batter issues it seems are also using ultrasn0w, which I understand is also by planetbeing. I wonder if there's something specific with the way he accesses the baseband that is producing this problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by game.over View Post
    THAT IS SO MEAN....Elpelle6 straight outta of the Dominican Republic (i saw that on his info from his Cydia Repo) has cracked Signal !!!! that is wrong...shouldent he wait a lil bit more so that Planetbeing can at least put a lil extra cash in his pockets? i mean come on guys the Kid deserves it i mean lets be real..thanks to him i dont have to be locked to ATT's ****** network ..and belive me it is one F*CKED UP NETWORK here in Puerto Rico....the only Carrier that dominates Puerto Rico its called CLAROpr. and they are using Verizon's Signal..because ClaroPR baught Verizon Wireless here in Puerto Rico a couple of years ago....so you know..thanks to Mr.Planet AKA (Dev Teams Chief and Commander) now i can use CLAROpr on my iPhone 3G[s]....
    It's stupid people like you that give Puerto Rico a bad name. First of all the best carrier in Puerto Rico is AT&T BY FAR, don't come here and say all that crap implying that Puerto Rico is inferior. I've been all over the island with a solid 3G signal, maybe getting Edge only in far off regions in the mountains. Just because you don't get a signal in your crappy house doesn't mean the service is ****** all over the island.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    How are you using Verizon's signal on the iPhone? That is not possible.
    After the Claro switch they started rolling a 3G GSM network, pretty much the same they got in Latin America.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    I'm experiencing this as well. I guess I'll leave it un-installed until I need it. Interestingly enough, most of the other people having battery issues it seems are also using ultrasn0w
    I'm fortunate enough to not need an unlock, so am not using ultrasn0w. However, Signal has a mobile substrate part called enablettydebug - not particularly surprising that this drains the battery a bit.
    You don't need to uninstall signal, just disable the MS extension and then reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by draver View Post
    Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I'm using a 32 Gb iPhone 4, on 4.0, jailbroken and unlocked with Ultrasn0w
    The only thing that comes to mind is a lack of MobileSubstrate but, presumably, ultrasn0w requires this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

if I hadn't learned about visa gift cards from my local stores I would've asked my parents everyday for this app!
    It Takes One To Know One

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

is the app easy to understand or is there a bunch of jargon that a newb wouldn't understand.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macsoldier View Post
    is the app easy to understand or is there a bunch of jargon that a newb wouldn't understand.
    I think that this app is really useful with this: [HOW TO]APN and carrier mods

This app will tell you the Mobile Network Code of the provider you are connected to, now I can connect to non-AT&T partners as there is no AT&T towers in my area yet. I have a 3GS (iPhone 4 is on the way) running 4.0.1, ultrasn0w and the steps in the guide above. SIM card is AT&T. This is useful in rural areas or abroad, or just to mess around and connect to other providers.

Here are the Mobile Network Codes: [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_codes_in_the_United_States]List of mobile network codes in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

As you can see I'm connected to Plateau Wireless. Other providers available to me are Alltel and AT&T Mobility (which sucks in my area, I'm sticking with Plateau Wireless).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Carlito83; 08-08-2010 at 03:19 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Carlito83 For This Useful Post:

macsoldier (08-08-2010)

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Works great .. Well worth the money

Thanks

It is showing all the detail for my 3G MicroCell, but it seems to be having trouble with the regular network. I am on EDGE out here in Redwood Valley, the 3G ends about halfway between me and Ukiah (Ukiah is 9 miles south of me) and it shows one Red Circle (the MicroCell) and three Gray Circle's, but no data on the Gray (EDGE) sites at all. I know that the sites that serve my location are to the the north just a few miles on Laughlin Grade and Ridgewood Summit, is there some kind of distance limit on this program?
    Last edited by SoCal Railroader; 08-08-2010 at 11:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Acciavatti View Post

Since the author of this post is ignoring my PMs, please can some1 tell me what notifier mod is he using along with what theme? I know there are few out there, but I want to make sure that it works fine with iPhone 4. Thanks in advance!

I'm fortunate enough to not need an unlock, so am not using ultrasn0w. However, Signal has a mobile substrate part called enablettydebug - not particularly surprising that this drains the battery a bit.
    You don't need to uninstall signal, just disable the MS extension and then reboot.
    What do you mean by disabling MS extension?

A very cool app, however, it does appear to leach battery even when it's not being used.

My phone goes into airplane mode fully charged at night and with signal installed it'll be at 86% by morning, compared to still 100% without
    Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    I'm experiencing this as well. I guess I'll leave it un-installed until I need it. Interestingly enough, most of the other people having batter issues it seems are also using ultrasn0w, which I understand is also by planetbeing. I wonder if there's something specific with the way he accesses the baseband that is producing this problem.
    I'm experiencing similar issue. Something drains my battery very quickly.

I'd like to know how this app involves the baseband. My iPhone 4 is SIM-Free so I didn't need ulrtasn0w, but from my experience with blacksn0w when my iphone 3gs kept loosing signal, I'm slightly concerned that Signal app is doing similar thing or at least draining my battery :/
    Last edited by zYxMa; 08-09-2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Bought this app to show my gratitude and support to planetbeing for his hard work. Good job!
    Failure is not an option - iNyuke Dont be afraid to press the Thanks button! >>>>>>>>>>

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I got it zYxMa:

Go to Cydia and download Status Notifier Fix, it will fix Reminder/Notifier and it'll look like the one the author has.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This still does not work on my iPhone 4 running 4.0 IOS. I've sent several emails to PlanetBeing without reply. All that displays is a blue location dot surrounded by a blue circle. No tower circles or signal strength or other info.

The Death Grip game closes the whole program when you try and run it. Definitely needs to have another update that corrects whatever conflict causes these problems.

Thanks

{Qoute Deleted}

Whoa, relax there amigo, and tone down the language. Oh, and it might be a good idea to brush up on spelling and grammar skills He shouldn't have said what he did, but you just made it worse.
    Last edited by Cer0; 08-11-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Edited Quote

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting ;P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hahahaha a tough guy with a keyboard, wow. Do you think I actually read all that crap?

Moving on, anyone else with the battery drain problem with Signal?
    Last edited by Carlito83; 08-11-2010 at 07:59 AM.

Thanks

Default Signal app has issues!!!!!
    i baught the lil prog to show my gratitude to Planetbeing cuz like i said before thanks to him i dont have to be locked to AT&T network here in Puerto Rico..and were i live at&t is garbage.....so.....i only baught it for that but on the real, that lil prog drains my battery...when Signal is installed i wake up the other day with a 56% battery from 100% and without Signal i wake up the other day with 93% battery so that right thier shows me that somthing is up...i huge update is mandotory.....but like i said i aint gonna stress that cuz i gave 5 bucks to a guy that made an unlock for my iPhone 3G[S] so its all good.....but i kinda like that app so i wish he does throw in an update that fixes the battery issue and another thing ..all i really see is a blue dot and a gray circle but thats about it.....i mean...W.T.F ??? u know....he needs to fix that A.S.A.P
    Last edited by game.over; 08-11-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks

Have you installed the update that fixes the battery drain?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

now when i open cydia and select (changes) it takes like about 2 min. to load all the changes.....what is happening??? somone help!!!!
    Last edited by game.over; 08-12-2010 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by game.over View Post
    now when i open cydia and select (changes) it takes like about 2 min. to load all the changes.....what is happening??? somone help!!!!
    It's normal if you have a lot of sources and app/theme sections Cydia is sifting through.
    If the wait is taking longer than you like, you can tell Cydia to not include certain sections from showing up in Changes.

GO into the Sections part of Cydia, tap edit and turn off the sections you don't want to look at. That should help.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234