+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Signal: REAL Signal Strength, Cell Info & More

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So can anyone clue me in as to what this app actually does? Will it be of any use to us AT&T users? Im all up for supporting PlanetBeing though
    Thanks

So can anyone clue me in as to what this app actually does? Will it be of any use to us AT&T users? Im all up for supporting PlanetBeing though so i will buy for sure.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Got my support bought App..

MBCMDR

Thanks

Default Omg they cracked signal !!!!!
    THAT IS SO MEAN....Elpelle6 straight outta of the Dominican Republic (i saw that on his info from his Cydia Repo) has cracked Signal !!!! that is wrong...shouldent he wait a lil bit more so that Planetbeing can at least put a lil extra cash in his pockets? i mean come on guys the Kid deserves it i mean lets be real..thanks to him i dont have to be locked to ATT's ****** network ..and belive me it is one F*CKED UP NETWORK here in Puerto Rico....the only Carrier that dominates Puerto Rico its called CLAROpr. and they are using Verizon's Signal..because ClaroPR baught Verizon Wireless here in Puerto Rico a couple of years ago....so you know..thanks to Mr.Planet AKA (Dev Teams Chief and Commander) now i can use CLAROpr on my iPhone 3G[s]....

Green Apple
    Thanks

just downloaded it, lol, I have my wilson antenna pointing the wrong way on top of my house.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i got it too and happy to give back to these guys.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks planetbeing and the dev team for all the work you done for the iPhones

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Levirules View Post
    ......... is Signal anything more than a novelty? Is there actually a utility to it?
    other than the death grip "game" *rollsEyes* its merely a geek tech novelty. absolutely no utility unless your an unlocker. [the ability to see which cell service provides you the best coverage in your area]
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Grab this as soon as I saw musclenerds tweet. Cool app. Loving my iphone4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Battery leach
    A very cool app, however, it does appear to leach battery even when it's not being used.

My phone goes into airplane mode fully charged at night and with signal installed it'll be at 86% by morning, compared to still 100% without
    Last edited by eeej; 08-08-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Typo

iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't really need it but bought for donation.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by game.over View Post
    THAT IS SO MEAN....Elpelle6 straight outta of the Dominican Republic (i saw that on his info from his Cydia Repo) has cracked Signal !!!! that is wrong...shouldent he wait a lil bit more so that Planetbeing can at least put a lil extra cash in his pockets? i mean come on guys the Kid deserves it i mean lets be real..thanks to him i dont have to be locked to ATT's ****** network ..and belive me it is one F*CKED UP NETWORK here in Puerto Rico....the only Carrier that dominates Puerto Rico its called CLAROpr. and they are using Verizon's Signal..because ClaroPR baught Verizon Wireless here in Puerto Rico a couple of years ago....so you know..thanks to Mr.Planet AKA (Dev Teams Chief and Commander) now i can use CLAROpr on my iPhone 3G[s]....
    How are you using Verizon's signal on the iPhone? That is not possible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would say it is the best 3rd party app in my Iphone, really useful.

Thanks

Why not working on 3GS, what's wrong with them?

Thanks

It works on all phones with iOS4.x - nothing wrong with the 3GS
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

+1 works fine on 3GS @ 4.0.1

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Will this tell me the name of the provider I am connected to? Or does it just tell me a cell tower number?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought this for it's functionality, and also to contribute to the jailbreak cause.

Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I'm using a 32 Gb iPhone 4, on 4.0, jailbroken and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. I'm currently running SBSettings, SBSchedule, MyWi, etc. No cracked programs, no SSH mods, plenty of ram available, 14 Gb storage available. Essentially nothing unusual in my setup. I've deleted and reinstalled several times, but still it only shows my mapped location without any towers displayed.

I have sent 2 or 3 emails to Planetbeing without a reply, and also posted on HowardForums along with another user that it does nothing. I'm hoping to see an update or patch to get this to work. If I try and run the "Deathgrip" game, it closes the program back to the springboard.

Any ideas of possible conflicts, or suggestions would be appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've installed the apps. Thanks to the iPhoneDev Team's hard work & continuing efforts to unshackle our iPhones

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by game.over View Post
    That's why no one likes a cracker, They steal from deserving people for their own personal advantage. Hence the ban against warez on MMi

Thanks

Great App, very useful! Thanks Dev Team for all your work with the jailbreak and unlock. The iPhone would never be the same without you!