Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Signal: REAL Signal Strength, Cell Info & More

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why not upgrade?
    Too many issues, too many incompatibilities. Some of us use this iDevice as a phone 1st and a mini-computer / gamer / social networking tool second. I'll wait until after 4.1 is released and the dust settles. I love leading edge technology, but I'm tired of the bleeding edge.

Very few issues - apps will be upgraded.
    If you want a phone and are unhappy with the iPhone buy a Nokia.
    Works fine as a phone for me.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

... are unhappy with the iPhone ...
    I'm happy as pie Enjoy ur 4.x, I'm staying put until the dust settles

You're happy, I'm happy

Quack
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    I bought it. Not because I use it but just as a way of saying "THANKS"

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a great app!

I know this app supports Planetbeing, who provided the unlock, but is there any info on how to donate to or support Comex for providing the jailbreak? I don't unlock my phone because ATT is actually really good to me around where I live, but I did jailbreak.

Comex takes donations - see jailbreakme.com.
    the Dev team don't take donations and they have done far more than anyone else.

i have this app. it doesnt work for me. it never displays not 1 cell tower.

Thanks planetbeing & company. I bought the app and love it. Jailbreakme is the easiest jailbreak ever. Thank you

I too have bought this app and think it's great .

The one thing that I can think of right now that would be nice is if it would update your location.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eremeya For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (08-08-2010)

Comex takes donations - see jailbreakme.com.
    the Dev team don't take donations and they have done far more than anyone else.
    Thanks! But I don't understand the second part of this message. Are you saying they have done far more in the past? Comex is still the responsible individual for bringing us this JB, correct? So it would be appropriate to donate to him for the JB, and buy Signal to support Planetbeing for the unlock (if you've used it)?

The Dev team have done so much in the past and now without taking donations or accepting anything except postcards.

Comex has come along with a great JB and accepts donations.

A lot of people have done a lot of work and Comex gets all the glory? I am in no way saying he does not deserve it, just others do deserve more IMHO.

i agree that the gps needs to be updated. but i dont think it has anything to do with @planetbeings Signal. my gps function has been slightly off alot lately since 4.0 . and when i say off it says im a couple of blocks away from me and it refuses to refresh.

^ the dev-team as a whole has done alot more than Comex alone, for sure. for this they are greatly appreciated. Big ups to @comex as well for this break. but remember there were also other individuals in the sidelines with @comex developing the break. i myself dont need an unlock. but i bought @planetbeings Signal just for the geek in me. so im happy. he's happy. were all happy.
    Last edited by rhekt; 08-07-2010 at 07:40 PM.
    killall Terminal[]

Bought it...love it...glad to give back to these guys.

What's the name of the app

^ read the title, Signal

Default Signal App & Micro Cell
    Great app but has an interesting feature when you are using an ATT Micro Cell. When not at my home with micro cell it's spot on location wise but once i get home, it shows my location approximately 75 miles away every time i check it. Anyone else using micro cell with similar results?

The Dev team have done so much in the past and now without taking donations or accepting anything except postcards.

Comex has come along with a great JB and accepts donations.

A lot of people have done a lot of work and Comex gets all the glory? I am in no way saying he does not deserve it, just others do deserve more IMHO.
    Well, I don't think Comex gets all the glory. Geohot got a lot of positive attention before he started acting like a whiny arse. The Dev Team got a lot of attention for all they've done. It's just that this JB was very much anticipated, and Comex was the one to release it. So he's *currently* basking in most of the glory. I don't think that's wrong - if the Dev Team had released a JB for 4.0 sooner, they would be getting "all the glory." It's also their choice whether or not to take donations, and I don't mind donating to someone if I'm using something that they've worked hard on and they provide the means for a donation.

I think this is kind of like music in a way. A band could receive critical acclaim for a CD one year, and be left in the shadow of another band the next year. They need to keep releasing great music in order to stay on top and keep "all the glory." Same with these developers, since Apple likes to release a new device yearly.

Is Planetbeing part of the Dev Team? Because Signal does really appear as a means of donation to me. Which, once again, I find nothing wrong with. Someone feel free to correct me on that though; is Signal anything more than a novelty? Is there actually a utility to it?

...and out of sheer curiosity (unrelated curiosity), is there a way that any of the iPhones can ride on TMob's 3G band, or is that not possible through software?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

what's the app do when you do the "death grip" and your phone drops signal? I know the fingers come together the weaker the signal gets...but what happens when it's dropped? planetbeing said it did something?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast