+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Likely Holding August iPod Event

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We're hearing more today about speculation that surfaced earlier in the week regarding an upcoming Apple event. As it stands, Apple will most like hold the aforementioned event on or
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Likely Holding August iPod Event

We're hearing more today about speculation that surfaced earlier in the week regarding an upcoming Apple event. As it stands, Apple will most like hold the aforementioned event on or around August 16th or 17th. MacMagazine first reported word of the suspected scheduling, which was addressed further on Friday by Apple Insider. Their sources and our sources concur that Apple will likely present an iPod refresh event earlier than the originally anticipated September date.

While it's been hinted that a "back to school" angle may be taken by Apple, no reliable sources have actually confirmed such. Instead, it appears Apple will hold a music and media-centric event that will used as a platform for unveiling a new iPod touch with a front-facing camera - exactly what the device has long been rumored to get. But now with FaceTime in existence, Apple can no longer afford to put off the "inevitable."

Also widely expected for the refresh is a rear camera (with flash) and a gyroscope, similar features and functionalities that adorn the new fourth-generation iPhone. With multiple sources confirming such and a bevy of online reports of new iPod cases and accessories on the way, it seems all but certain that Apple has something big planned for the middle of this month.

Mac Magazine
    Apple Insider

Thanks

FIRST!!!!!! >_<" And I hope they don't add everything the ip4 has, they still need to keep the line between iPhone 4 & iPod Touch clear.
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

'Follow Me on Twitter@Markanthony3211' I always Follow Back.

Thanks

Who gives a **** if you're first?

The camera will be a good upgrade. Hopefully they'll stick with the ip4's camera sensor.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why dosent apple just give us what we want?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Because we all want different things. I want my iPod to be a killbot. Or a decepticon.. But preferably a killbot.
    Payton.Penn

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    They need to bump up the memory on the Itouch.
    Can't fit all my music

Thanks

I saw a girl at the gym a couple of days ago who had an iPhone4 and an iPod Touch.

She was listening to music on the touch and texting on the phone. I was confused; the phone can do both.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love my 80gb iPod Classic but I need something newer. I hope they update the Classic by making it thinner and lighter. Forget the camera. Keep the scroll wheel and smaller non-touch screen. Perfection!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you know the word wayne?

Hopefully he'll get a rear camera with 5 MP like iPH 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    FIRST!!!!!! >_<" And I hope they don't add everything the ip4 has, they still need to keep the line between iPhone 4 & iPod Touch clear.
    I almost put you in my Ignore list.

I can't wait for a new iPod touch!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    Why would they add anything to the iPhone 4? Thanks for that first, it really added to my wholesome learning experience

Thanks

You could also get the phone full of sweat and make it non-functional. Cheaper to buy a new ipod than a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by shoohorn0plenty View Post
    I saw a girl at the gym a couple of days ago who had an iPhone4 and an iPod Touch.

She was listening to music on the touch and texting on the phone. I was confused; the phone can do both.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope the ipod touch Gets a Camera System it's one of many things it has been lacking.

If they really wanted to push iPod Sales they should offer a 3g iPod with a similar 3g data plan service like the ipad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erionville View Post
    Because we all want different things. I want my iPod to be a killbot. Or a decepticon.. But preferably a killbot.
    lmfao!! if apple produced a killbot or a decepticon for 200 dollars or so, i would be all over that!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iPhone4 and an iPod Touch, I use the iPod for music, movies and games and the iPhone for calls, pix/vid, txt and internet. Helps cut down in battery usage and storage space on my phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

That is ten days away. I really wanna see what apple come up with. iWatch?

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

I have both too. I use the iTouch to save the iP4 batteries. I treat them both like Laptops. Then again, I use the laptop to charge the i-devices My iTouch is only a 16gig 2ed Gen, Time to upgrade.

Last edited by CMOSlabs; 08-07-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    You could also get the phone full of sweat and make it non-functional. Cheaper to buy a new ipod than a phone.
    I work construction in 100 degree heat every day with my iPhone in my pocket. My phone gets sweaty and it hasn't ever got messed up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    That is ten days away. I really wanna see what apple come up with. iWatch?
    I can relate, My iWatch needs a update

I like the new one

Thanks

I have both. I have a 64GB iPod touch for music, movies and games (I really hope the new iPod touch has a retina display because right now my iPhone is used for games). My iPhone with 16GB is far too small to hold my music or movies so it just gets apps, games and that is about it.

If the new iPod has the A4 cpu, 512 MB ram, retina display, gyroscope, new design, microphone, cameras and a memory upgrade to 128 GB then I will definitely upgrade.