Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Likely Holding August iPod Event

It had better be more than 32GB this time.

64 bg yes, 2 mega pixel back camera, no flash yes, no front camera, retina display yes, gyroscope yes. That would be about it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have an 1st gen iPod touch I am def upgrading. I am hoping the iPT4 will get gps built in. It'd make the maps app more useful.

Even ramping it up to 128GB shouldn't be too hard for them, since 128GB flash memory is readily available now (or it could be done with 2 64GB chips).

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    Even ramping it up to 128GB shouldn't be too hard for them, since 128GB flash memory is readily available now (or it could be done with 2 64GB chips).
    First, Apple doesn't use flash memory in iPod touches. Second, there is no Apple doesn't use a 64GB chip in the iPod touch, that doesn't exist, They use 2 32GB chips. So if they made a 128GB they would need 4 chips
    Last edited by whereswaldo; 08-07-2010 at 07:25 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZoom View Post
    I have an iPhone4 and an iPod Touch, I use the iPod for music, movies and games and the iPhone for calls, pix/vid, txt and internet. Helps cut down in battery usage and storage space on my phone.
    +1
    I do the same thing. You'd (well, maybe not YOU) be surprised that a lot people do this.

but if they release a 128GB itouch ill be in for one lol. replace my pos ipod 120gb classic. keep crashing on me when hook up to my double din.

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    First, Apple doesn't use flash memory in iPod touches. Second, there is no Apple doesn't use a 64GB chip in the iPod touch, that doesn't exist, They use 2 32GB chips. So if they made a 128GB they would need 4 chips
    I don't know where you're getting your information from but last I checked both the iPhone and iPod Touch both used flash memory for storage.

And yes I was wrong about the 128GB chip, I was getting confused with an announcement made a few months ago about the first chip of that density being created; obviously that means it's not likely to be really be in use anywhere until sometime next year. 64GB chips definitely do exist, however.

I know Apple uses 2 32GB chips in their current models, which is why I supposed their most likely solution would be to use 2 64GB chips to make a 128GB model.
    It would raise the price, definitely, but that's no different to what they did with the iPod classic.

IF apple ever made a 128 gb ipod touch I'd definitely upgrade from my ipod touch 2g. Otherwise I'll just stick with my iphone. The only reason I'd buy another ipod touch would be if it could hold much much more than my iphone.

Abit extreme I hope they include 3G on it and a built in mic which they'll need for video calling

pffffffffffft. There's always a line between an iPod and iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post

I know Apple uses 2 32GB chips in their current models, which is why I supposed their most likely solution would be to use 2 64GB chips to make a 128GB model.
    It would raise the price, definitely, but that's no different to what they did with the iPod classic.
    AFAIK Toshiba are the only ones making a 64Gb chip and are still having a lot of problems producing them. Unless things have changed they certainly can't produce them in the quantities necessary for the iPod which is why the max size of the iPhone is still 32Gb and why I believe the new iPod will still be limited to 64Gb.

I had thought the iPod event would be held in September and they would release an interim FW to block the Jailbreakme.com exploit but it does rather look like they have bought forward the event to get 4.1 out sooner rather than later, which would, of course, explain the shortened time between the betas.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by nitin98 View Post
    Abit extreme I hope they include 3G on it and a built in mic which they'll need for video calling
    I think you just need to get a iPhone. No need for 3G in the iPod touch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

finally, i think this is way overdue at the pace apple is at right now.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    FIRST!!!!!! >_<" And I hope they don't add everything the ip4 has, they still need to keep the line between iPhone 4 & iPod Touch clear.

You should be banned!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    You should be banned!!!!
    Stop Trollin...
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

'Follow Me on Twitter@Markanthony3211' I always Follow Back.

64Gb would cover my music collection. I have an iaudio which clocks in around 60Gb and has everything I will ever need on it. However, I never use it now, because I have around 8Gbs on my 3Gs.

I guess the ideal scenario would be to have an iphone with 64gb memory. As that aint gonna happen any time soon, I guess when I do eventually upgrade my 3gs, it's best I do so with a 32Gb iphone 4.

Hoping for the camera
    No signature spam...only warning

I don't understand why Apple waits so long to announce a product that HAS to be in mass-production by now. Announcing it sooner will give people enough time to save some money for it. Hmm, maybe that's how they want it -- the people with enough expendable cash on-hand (aka, the wealthy/ people most likely to buy an over-priced Mac) get theirs first.

Man, as Apple's strategy becomes more transparent to me, the less I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    FIRST!!!!!! >_<" And I hope they don't add everything the ip4 has, they still need to keep the line between iPhone 4 & iPod Touch clear.
    Man, a "first" post and an anti-technology post all in one. Maybe you can kick an orphan in the face and chop the head off a puppy while you're at it.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 08-09-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by SMokemyPole88 View Post
    I hope the ipod touch Gets a Camera System it's one of many things it has been lacking.

If they really wanted to push iPod Sales they should offer a 3g iPod with a similar 3g data plan service like the ipad.
    Thats called an iPhone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast