+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dropped Call Survey Places iPhone 4 Ahead of iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Who else thinks Jobs slipped the surveyer his pocket change (a few grand) and the list to call for this survey? Probably a way to downplay the antennagate problem?
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Who else thinks Jobs slipped the surveyer his pocket change (a few grand) and the list to call for this survey? Probably a way to downplay the antennagate problem?

Thanks

I love my Iphone 4 but it sucks im comparison to my 32GB 3GS. I barely ever dropped calls with that phone. So far, I've dropped about 30 calls over the last 2 - 3 weeks. I also get this real ****** garbled noise and people can't hear me. I'm scheduled to see the Genius bar at the Apple store tomorrow. They better replace this phone because it sucks on the call quality end.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

213 people wow that must have taken a few hours at the apple store.

Thanks

The only dropped calls I've had were down to my face touching the hang up button with the proximity sensor problem, definitely better than my 3GS.

Banned
    Thanks

To the Apple haters who just love for articles like this to have a "whacking day", this is based on AT&T performance. One carrier! I've been keeping an eye on other countries where multiple carriers are the norm. Australia for instance has 4 carriers selling iPhone 4. All the feedback there indicates that there was no antenna issue and no dropped calls problem at all. Gizmodo has a poll going and the overwhelming comments indicate there is no problems there.Have You Experienced Antenna Issues On Your iPhone 4? | Gizmodo Australia

The phone gets a thumbs up, so maybe the focus should be put on your carrier. And to all the Apple haters, sorry to burst your balloon, you can line up with your sticks for the next chance for a whack.

"Whack whack whack" "Ooo Ooo Oooo"!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    When the 3GS came out last year the only problem I remember was that it was taking forever to activate the phones, I don't remember hearing anything about dropped calls at least nothing on the same scale as what we've been hearing about the iPhone 4, I've owned every version of the iPhone since the first one and the 3GS has actually been the most reliable out of all of them, not once have I needed to get it replaced at the apple store, maybe I just got a good one, who knows

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

We already knew that. Did Steve Jobs said it in the press conference?

Thanks

The original iphone is actually the best iphone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Even Apple's "less than one additional dropped call per 100" statistic is bunk because the face sensor causes more re-established calls that are counted as "successful" (ended accidentally, but not dropped), watering down the average significantly. This new "poll" is obviously not accurate, flying in the face of even Apple's fudged numbers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I haven't had a dropped call since I switched to my ip4. I dropped calls like crazy on my 3G, and almost 100% of the time when talking to someone else with an iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

statistical garbage...all 213 were probably in the same city!

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

I've NEVER had a dropped call on ALL of my iPhones since it was first released. No kidding, but then again I've always used it on T-Mobile and not on ATT.

Thanks

I got a call from a former student today from a land line maybe 15 miles away and it dropped twice in 5 minutes. Then I got a call from my cousin 3000 miles away on a land line and we talked for half an hour with no issues. Phone? Carrier? No idea.
    Senior

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow never seen such a useless survey...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default hmmm
    it would be nice just to see how many people here get dropped calls... Iphone 4 Death Grip Count | The iphone 4 death grip counting has begun

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Only one dropped call on my i4 as opposed to one a day with my 3gs... Hard to tell if its the phone or if ATT boosted their signal in the area. Interesting though... My quality is crisper and louder on the i4. Either way Id like to see full 3G service in every city indoors our out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had 3gs and I have iphone4 UK Vodafone. I can confirm I have been with Vodafone uk 7 years and I have never ever had so many call drops I am having with iphone 4. it is a disaster almost every call fails. Yes I have tried to refund the phone but apple told me I bought it from Vodafone and They could not refund. I tried it from Vodafone but they told me I can only do this within the first 2 weeks. so Fuk them both

Thanks

Great news! Too bad that's not our experience with 2 iPhone 4's - going back to the 3GS!!!

Thanks

Not just the small sample but the timing of this survey being released makes me wonder if there was some unofficial business between apple and the researcher(s). I mean, Apple has been doing all sorts of ridiculous stuff being very defensive. Their marketing schemes always made it so obvious that Apple thinks people are stupid and can be fooled and controlled (which I guess sadly has some truth to some extent...). It would have been so much simpler and better for them to just admit and say sorry with respect and dignity.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

213 People ... Really, What in Down Town LA?