Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vonage Mobile For Facebook

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    cant watch the video so correct me if I"m wrong, however.. doesnt all of ATT get free ATT to ATT calling? If everyone w/ an iphone uses this (assuming they are on ATT and not unlocked on a different carrier).. how will that save any money? It wouldnt be using minutes anyways???
    You may get free calls to your own network, but this allows you to call your friends anywhere in the world, providing they have the app and you dont get that with any network on this planet as far as I know.
    Just tried it out with my mate in Spain (i'm in the UK) and it works like a charm,I can see this becoming a big hit and fast.

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by goodgod2 View Post
    Off topic ! but is that phone in the picture real? or its photoshop? it look really nice, and if it real anyone know the name?
    It's last year's HTC Hero A6262.

I'd rather use skype tbh. You can't call mobile numbers, only facebook friends so I don't see any advantage.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

hmmmm, I guess it's nice, but most of my friends on facebook, also have skype. skype is probably on more phones that this app will be.

still for the price of free, I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    I'd rather use skype tbh. You can't call mobile numbers, only facebook friends so I don't see any advantage.
    Calling numbers is supposed to be a premium feature in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Do all of your Facebook friends have AT&T? Do they all have iPhones (there is an Android app, too)?
    no, but anyone capable of getting this app (iphone users) are on ATT.. i dont know anyone with an unlocked phone on a different carrier than ATT..

Android app, ok. thats another story. thats cool.

People just remember that your iPhone has to be on a wifi connection for it to be FREE, if your on 3G this app will use your minutes. So if your talking to your friend, and he has an iPod touch on wifi and your on 3G, then you will pay and he won't.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

vonage wins over skype

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    People just remember that your iPhone has to be on a wifi connection for it to be FREE, if your on 3G this app will use your minutes. So if your talking to your friend, and he has an iPod touch on wifi and your on 3G, then you will pay and he won't.
    It's VoIP. It doesn't use minutes. Data, yes. Minutes, no. If you're on 3G and not WiFi, then you'll be using 3G data, not calling plan minutes. Still not technically "free" (unless you have umlimited* data), however, VoIP doesn't use that much data.

* not a typo
    Last edited by Rokesomesmeefer; 08-04-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Facetime on Facebook

bring the video call feature

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This app sounds great but talking over 3G will drain data fast ? I only have 200mb of data but 700 minutes of talk time + roller over

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

This app blows! I just installed it on my iPad which took 5 attempts and about 45 min of my time. I also got my friend to throw it on his iPhone 4. He called me, my iPad rang and we couldn't hear either of our voices. Anyone else try this yet and successfully got a call to work?

Quote Originally Posted by tivoselecta View Post
    It works on 4G connections... that's impressive, as the iPhone doesn't...! I think you mean 4G iPhones.
    I'd point out your stupidity but others have already done that for me! LOL!

very nice will give a try later.

Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    no, but anyone capable of getting this app (iphone users) are on ATT.. i dont know anyone with an unlocked phone on a different carrier than ATT..

Android app, ok. thats another story. thats cool.

The unlocking tool just got released this morning. There will be many people with unlocked iphone 4's.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

nice saving minutes... suck on it at&t

this is definitely an app id use.
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend

Thanks

Bye Bye Face Time?

Well I would read any fine print before using this app. The fact that you log in to Facebook alone raises a flag.

Can anyone confirm who has used this, does it spiderweb your contact lists and send spam Vonage ads to your Facebook friends to download this app and "Vonage" with other Facebook friends? Does it also automatically add you as a friend to a Vonage Facebook page or automatically "Like" this app inside of Facebook or adds you to a Vonage club? I know I am paranoid but the fact they are offering this for free means there has to be some type of advertising incentive in it for Vonage and Facebook.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast