+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Cracks Emerge

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by 6309phone Squaretrade.com warranty. $5.99/month for accidental breakage. interesting. It is signifactly cheaper than asurion but it doesn't cover loss or theft. I suppose im more worried about
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6309phone View Post
    Squaretrade.com warranty. $5.99/month for accidental breakage.
    interesting. It is signifactly cheaper than asurion but it doesn't cover loss or theft. I suppose im more worried about it just breaking but if i lose it then i would be SOL.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    I bought a silicone case for my i4. But, if you've ever had a silicone case before you know what I mean by "it catches or gets stuck inside the pockets of your clothing". Therefore right after putting it on my phone, I was outside smoking. When I reached in my pocket to answer my phone, it got caught up and then fell onto the sidewalk !!! But fortunately the case that caused the problem.... Solved the problem.

HOW IRONIC 
    Maybe it's trying to tell you to quit that nasty habit

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    interesting. It is signifactly cheaper than asurion but it doesn't cover loss or theft. I suppose im more worried about it just breaking but if i lose it then i would be SOL.
    Worth Ave Insurance covers theft and loss. I have lost phones before, so I would never get insurance that didn't cover that.
    Last edited by SoCal Railroader; 08-04-2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Never put a case on my iPhone 2G, dropped it atleast 30 times for now, several times on concrete, several times on concrete stairs...Bottom near the speaker is ripped a little bit, shitload of scratches on the back, but other than that, works beautifully/screen is perfect with no scratches.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Personally I just try to be cautious with my phone, I feel it's just too beautifully designed of a phone for me to cover it all up.

Right now I have a Zagg shield on it to protect it from scratches and that's it.

So for example I'd never be carrying my iPhone and a whole bunch of other things in my hands at the same time, that's asking for trouble.

Also, if I was going to get a case to protect my iPhone, I'd stop nothing short of an Otterbox, anything else just ain't gonna cut it.

Thanks

Why risk it though? I baby pretty much everything I have, but that's how I am.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The same thing just happened to my buddy. He dropped it outside of a night club and it emerged cracked worse than Ive ever seen any phone glass cracked. Im talking chips of glass falling out of it. As hard as a helicopters glass?? Yea right

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Some of you are so funny! Your lack of ability to comprehend the most simple truth is very telling...... you're surprised that a phone made of ss and glass breaks when you drop it

Don't need to watch Mr. Wizard to figure that one out. People need to stop ******** about it and start taking a little personal responsibility for their own negligence. Accidents do happen but when they do, don't expect your $700 glass and stainless steel phone to come out of it unscathed. A broken phone problem is easy to solve, don't drop it and you'll have no problem.

Thanks

Got zagg on my white 3G 16gb thats it. Dropping an iphone with a cases means nothing for the internals.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's actually cheaper if you pay in one payment. I've used them before and they were good.

Does the invisible shield still have that orange peel-like surface?
    Last edited by 6309phone; 08-04-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Otter box and screen protector.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw those screen for iphone 4 on ebay. They're only $20. You have to take the phone apart and put it back together. There are step by step guides online.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyfishy123 View Post
    Well i just ordered a LCD with digitizer off ebay for 69 bucks.. and WHITE
    I suggest you double check what you just purchased. There are none for sale on eBay for $69. You'll find "iPhone 4 LCD Digitizers" (as in, digitizers for the LCD), but no "iPhone 4 LCD with Digitizers".

The least expensive ones on there are going for $120 BIN, and although that includes all the front panel parts, the LCD doesn't come fused to the glass. I don't even believe they are genuine Apple parts.

MELECH518's estimate of $100-110 for the complete front panel is spot on. And that's if you buy bulk direct from the manufacturer. You won't find it for less than that.
    Last edited by defcon6; 08-04-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow. I must be lucky then. I've dropped mine on a brick surface and nothing happened to it. Keep in mind, the case i have on it is the Switcheasy NUDE and that the only reason this happened was because I had it on my lap and got out in a rush. 0.o

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

The entire case for the iPhone 4 is rigid and unforgiving. Metal sides and glass on the front and back. There is very little possibility for flexing before it gives way to the most fragile portion, which is the glass.

Even with a bumper I would not feel safe.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But still, the iphone 4 should be more durable than that, just dropping the phone shouldnt be enough to break it..... its supposed to be really strong to be broken by a simple fall...!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by resp3ct View Post
    But still, the iphone 4 should be more durable than that, just dropping the phone shouldnt be enough to break it..... its supposed to be really strong to be broken by a simple fall...!
    And clearly, that is not the case. Another FAIL for Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Boring and
    Ghey

Thanks

This most likely won't happen as often if Otterbox makes a Defender case for the iPhone 4. My friend threw his 3Gs across a concrete ground and no damage at all.
    Last edited by iTouchNinjaz; 08-04-2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: misspelling of "threw"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Sydney repair shop states that it will cost $199.00 to repair if not more fragile as the previous models. For the 3G and 3Gs models a screen repair was around $129.00
    I live in sydney and i had my 3GS screen crack when the iPhone was just released in oz and it was definitely not $129 to replace, for it was $250 to replace through apple or $179 from your local phone repairer,
    Obviously the price for the 3GS screens now have dropped due to it being out for a year now but this news' price comparison is bait far fetched, if he is paying $200 AU or even US for an iPhone 4 screen he is paying pretty much the equivalent if not cheaper than the 3GS cost at opening period.

The general price to replace the screen is ridiculous, but the price is the same or cheaper than last year.
    Lucky I had a friend who worked in apple and 'realized' it was actually a ''manufacturers fault" and replaced my iPhone 3gs for free.
    (Well that's what was written in the iphone replacement report )
    Last edited by Remember God; 08-04-2010 at 02:12 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

In my area they are 8 Iphone 4 with broken glass on Craigslist!