Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Cracks Emerge

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    You cannot replace only the digitizer. The LCD and Digitizer are fused together. If one breaks, you need to replace the entire display. We have been forced into charging $179 for rplacements. The parts cost $100-110

There like the first gen iphone again? Wow that really blow ... the 3G and 3Gs had such a nicer
    screen assembly.
    www.jailbreakme.com

iPhone 4 - 4.0.1 (jailbroken & unlocked)
    iPad 3G - 3.2.1 (jailbroken)

Been jailbreaking / unlocking from the days where you had to access Settings through the Emergency Screen Ohh the good ol' days

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saltyfishy123 View Post
    Im buying a cracked iPhone 4 off someone tomorrow. on ebay replacement digitizers like 65 bucks.. dont know if its as good at the original but hope it works.. im payin 500 for it
    Untill you try to take the digitizer apart from the LCD and CRACK! theres another $65 or more and a few days for the LCD to get in.

Ive had two calls today asking if i could fix them. Of course I can but,there not willing to pay the $120 for the screen and LCD plus the 30 or 40 for me to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyfishy123 View Post
    Im buying a cracked iPhone 4 off someone tomorrow. on ebay replacement digitizers like 65 bucks.. dont know if its as good at the original but hope it works.. im payin 500 for it

That is crazy!!! 500.00 is a lot of money!!!!

Thanks

It shouldn't even be a question whether or not to buy a case or some sort of protection for a device that is not cheap. But think about the cost of replacing it... $499/$599 and that's enough for me to spend whatever to protect this one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skater38053 View Post
    Untill you try to take the digitizer apart from the LCD and CRACK! theres another $65 or more and a few days for the LCD to get in.

Ive had two calls today asking if i could fix them. Of course I can but,there not willing to pay the $120 for the screen and LCD plus the 30 or 40 for me to fix them.
    Well i just ordered a LCD with digitizer off ebay for 69 bucks.. and WHITE

My plan is to get this phone and turn it into a white iPhone 4 (Considering you cant buy them yet)
    Theres another white iphone 4 on ebay and its at 1100 bucks right now
    www.jailbreakme.com

Been jailbreaking / unlocking from the days where you had to access Settings through the Emergency Screen Ohh the good ol' days

6. The Following User Says Thank You to saltyfishy123 For This Useful Post:

codester3388 (08-04-2010)

Thanks

1.Get a case
    2.Get insurance that covers things like this.

I actually dropped my iPhone in a Jack In The Box in Merced, CA on Sunday, I had it in my hand and it slipped out while I was getting a drink with the other hand. It fell, oh probably 3-4 feet onto a tiled floor (by the soda fountain), and it did NOT crack, break or even cry, and why not? Well, I had a BoxWave Eclipse Crystal Slip Case on it, and Bodyguardz protectors on front and back, needless to say I am positive those things saved me. I do have Worth Ave Group Insurance on it, but still, I'd rather not have to pay a $50 deductible if I don't have to

http://www.boxwave.com/products/ecli...-case_3968.htm
    Last edited by SoCal Railroader; 08-04-2010 at 12:41 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo0019 View Post
    That is crazy!!! 500.00 is a lot of money!!!!

Well yeah, but I honestly cant find them under that.. Whoever i almost get a deal with always back out and its been getting really annoying. So i just want to get one and fix it and try and make a few bucks of it. And since the unlock should be out by now; who wouldnt want a white iPhone 4 thats unlocked
    www.jailbreakme.com

I love the feel of it with just a best skins ever shield...but I've been debating getting a bumper.

How are you guys liking the bumpers, for those of you that have it?

I have one it's nice I just dot use it

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

I got my phone yesterday. I ordered the otterbox two weeks ago. Instead of sending me the three otterboxes for the iPhone 4 (two were for other people). They sent me one iPhone 3G case. After I called them they questioned nothing and said they were sending 3 out. Now I have a phone but no case, drawn between buying another case knowing the otterbox is coming in or waiting. Sucks

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't matter what the phones are made of...they are going to break. No surprise here. They are not designed to take a fall even if Steve says they are the most damage resistant phones to date.

Squaretrade.com warranty. $5.99/month for accidental breakage.

Default iPhone 4 Glass repair
    Well, dude should have just ordered a new front glass from iPhone Screen, iPhone Battery, iPhone Repair, iPhone Glass | DirectFix.com for cheaper than that and he could have got a white replacement. The tear down is easy with their video tutorial.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought a silicone case for my i4. But, if you've ever had a silicone case before you know what I mean by "it catches or gets stuck inside the pockets of your clothing". Therefore right after putting it on my phone, I was outside smoking. When I reached in my pocket to answer my phone, it got caught up and then fell onto the sidewalk !!! But fortunately the case that caused the problem.... Solved the problem.

HOW IRONIC 

Talking $199 ouch!!
    That's a pretty heavy price for the replacement although it's still cheaper than getting a new phone or having to send it into Apple. My company does i4 glass replacement for $135 +tax. We also turn black iPhone 4s into White one's for $100 Pretty busy over here. I do admit though the white i4 is pretty slick!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

One day, a young man went to the doctor because his arm was hurting. The doctor asked the young man "does your arm hurt when I do this?" and the young man said "yes. It hurts when you do that.". It was then the doctor figured out the solution and told young man "If it hurts when you hold it that way, then don't hold it that way.".

The moral of the story is, if you have a cr@p load of stuff in your hands, put your iPhone 4 in your d@mn pocket. Case and point, if your not smart enough to put your iPhone in your pocket while your carrying a lot of stuff, then you probably shouldn't own an iPhone.

Yes, the iPhone 4's glass is far less than advertised as far as strength goes and will break, but if your not intelligent or mature enough to own a iPhone and put it in your pocket when your hands are full or your not using it, then you shouldn't own one.
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 08-04-2010 at 01:10 AM.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilbourn For This Useful Post:

PWNsyst3m (08-04-2010)

i saw a video on this a while back.
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SunVibe.net View Post
    That's a pretty heavy price for the replacement although it's still cheaper than getting a new phone or having to send it into Apple. My company does i4 glass replacement for $135 +tax. We also turn black iPhone 4s into White one's for $100 Pretty busy over here. I do admit though the white i4 is pretty slick!!
    I can't wait for the white ones to be released if they ever do! Turning a black one white probably voids the warranty...

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

People r freaking crazy to
    Not have a case!! This is a $600 phone/computer, that is very easily dropped!! I have a case on mine, screen protector, and have it wrapped in a super soft cloth whenever it is in my pocket!! I'm taking NO chances!

Did anyone actually BELIEVE Jobs and apple when they claimed it's as strong as helicopters and trains and the moon??

GET A CASE!!

My friend dropped his 2 weeks after having it on concrete and it cracked. Took to apple store and they exchanged it out because of the crack lol we couldn't believe it haha

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast