+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Beta 3 Now Available to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Important Notes : Developers ONLY! Do Not Update if you need unlocking abilities. A week later and Apple has gone ahead and pushed out Beta 3, for iOS 4.1 to
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default iOS 4.1 Beta 3 Now Available to Developers

Important Notes: Developers ONLY! Do Not Update if you need unlocking abilities.

A week later and Apple has gone ahead and pushed out Beta 3, for iOS 4.1 to Developers.

It's quite apparent that Apple really wants to hash out 4.1 as quickly as possible, possibly to patch the security hole used by JailbreakMe.com. We'll find out shortly, so check back for updates when we can dig deeper into this new release. We will be sure to let you know if this release has any effect on the newest jailbreak method, which we assume it will of course.

With this update, GameCenter is no longer supported on the original iPhone 3G and 2nd generation iPod Touch. Developers no longer have access to things such as "Player Status". Not really sure what exactly Apple has planned for GameCentre. It seems like such a tease lately.

Since 4.1 Beta 1 was released, we've seen a slew of changes and fixes. Our Signal Bars were "fixed" and became slightly taller, along with a new baseband in 4.1, (02.07.01), which will break the current ultrasn0w unlock. GameCenter has returned with a slightly new look, however it seems to get pulled apart with each update. Small interface fixes have been introduced such as rotating icons for the camera view, the ability to add Favorite with FaceTime, SpellChecking disabling, Parental control, and even full Bluetooth AVRCP support.

With this being the 3rd round for Beta, one can guess that the release is right around the corner.

As usual you can find this at iPhone Dev Center - Apple Developer.
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 08-03-2010 at 03:27 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

mmarmash (08-04-2010), oarce12 (08-03-2010), reaves205 (08-03-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I imagine it will. Usually updates like these come out in September. Does Apple not see that jailbreaking possibly HELPS or DRIVES iPhone sales. It's my phone. STOP PATCHING OUR JAILBREAKS!!!
    Last edited by pm_kennedy; 08-03-2010 at 03:04 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pm_kennedy For This Useful Post:

LanCo Rider (08-03-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lets see what this brings...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jcasas392 For This Useful Post:

oojayoo (08-03-2010)

Thanks

Hopefully it will factory unlock all iPhones! haha JK. I wish that would happen.

Thanks

I'm fairly certain it will...let's hope 4.1 brings some goodies with it as well.

On another note Nick, we haven't had "theme of the week" in a while...you're not getting lazy are you .....have you found any really good one(s) (against Thursday) for the iphone 4?
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 08-03-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

So Gamecentre is in iOS 4.1, ahhh I was looking for it in iOS 4.0 today and I couldn't find it, just upgraded and jailbreaked today.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Patching jailbreaks is a SECURITY MEASURE, morons. Once a security hole is known, especially if it's one of Apple's, everyone and their brother - including even ModMyI - writes about it in great detail. Any "hacker" with half a brain can throw together a malicious form of a jailbreak and totally F your world up the next time you click a PDF link. Apple would be stupid NOT to patch a userland hole, and you can bet your a** they'll patch this one by 4.1. USB exploits that are restricted to local access to the phone is another story, however. Those I agree, they could leave alone, but even then a computer-OS-based virus could attack any phones that are plugged into it, think automated blackra1n. Would not be pretty.

I think this is Apple's driving motivation.. not to have some virus come out and make their device look like swiss cheese to a non-jailbroken user.

What would be better is if ModMyI, Gizmodo, and everyone else under the sun didn't publish explicit details of how an exploit works hours after its' release. If Apple's playing cat and mouse, you could at least make the cat do some chasing. Lately we crawl into his mouth and hope he doesn't bite down.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 08-03-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:

hawpunch (08-03-2010), kuhndsn (08-03-2010), mbeezy81 (08-03-2010), moon#pie (08-03-2010), mosesh (08-03-2010), NakedFaerie (08-04-2010), shirwan72 (08-03-2010), tecpunk64 (08-04-2010), TheReliq (08-03-2010), triniflavaforya (08-04-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pm_kennedy View Post
    I imagine it will. Usually updates like these come out in September. Does Apple not see that jailbreaking possibly HELPS or DRIVES iPhone sales. It's my phone. STOP PATCHING OUR JAILBREAKS!!!
    Ummm.....You want the jailbreakme method patched. Of course you'll also want to back up your ECID SHSH's so you can always go back to 4.0/4.0.1 and be able to use it if need be.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

do we know what changes have been implemented in beta 2 ? and hope u give us more info on new features in beta 3

Thanks

if it doesn't fix the proximity sensor issues (still unconfirmed), Apple can keep it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

mbeezy81 (08-03-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    if it doesn't fix the proximity sensor issues (still unconfirmed), Apple can keep it
    Amen, that's the only problem I've actually had with my 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Patching jailbreaks is a SECURITY MEASURE, morons. Once a security hole is known, especially if it's one of Apple's, everyone and their brother - including even ModMyI - writes about it in great detail. Any "hacker" with half a brain can throw together a malicious form of a jailbreak and totally F your world up the next time you click a PDF link. Apple would be stupid NOT to patch a userland hole, and you can bet your a** they'll patch this one by 4.1. USB exploits that are restricted to local access to the phone is another story, however. Those I agree, they could leave alone, but even then a computer-OS-based virus could attack any phones that are plugged into it, think automated blackra1n. Would not be pretty.

I think this is Apple's driving motivation.. not to have some virus come out and make their device look like swiss cheese to a non-jailbroken user.

What would be better is if ModMyI, Gizmodo, and everyone else under the sun didn't publish explicit details of how an exploit works hours after its' release. If Apple's playing cat and mouse, you could at least make the cat do some chasing. Lately we crawl into his mouth and hope he doesn't bite down.
    Really, Morons?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

Greg Laferney (08-05-2010)

Thanks

Yes, morons:

STOP PATCHING OUR JAILBREAKS!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (08-03-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree... I was surprised that ModMyI.com published a complete give-away on the ONLY iPhone 4 jailbreak. I understand that Apple has some talented people working for it... It is plausible that members of the dev team are double agents - much like the anti-virus companies and hackers are more than likely in-cahoots.

didn't even finish my point...

I get that Apple has intelligent people working for it, and that they would have eventually found the hole... but it seems we served it up to them on a silver platter. I don't remember this being the trend in the past.
    Last edited by klouud; 08-03-2010 at 03:43 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree!!!

---Look everyone I know something....and here is all the codes and blueprints...

It's getting like something off of Americas Most stupid criminals.

REALLY?!?

Ummm Apple. Stop patching his. But could you please ensure mine is secured with the next ios release? Thanks. Oh and please JB it or I'll just wait patiently until another JB is released. Then I will then ask to please fix the security hole found and broadcasted all over the internet for any criminal hacker to get access easier.

REALLY?!?
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 08-03-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

There is no proof it helps sales. And from people using the-app-that-shall-not-be-named, they lose money from it. If it wasnt for Hack****, Apple might be spending a lot less time trying to stop and patch jailbreaks. So we can just blame them
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

All of you are morons

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PWNsyst3m For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (08-03-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nicely said

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    Beta 2 didn't fix the proximity sensors (at least for me) and Beta 3 is shaping to be the same way... >_
    #eli7e revived me

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreakme.com did not work for me at all on iOS 4.1 beta 2. When I reverted back to iOS 4.0.1 Jailbreakme.com worked beautifully. Not much hope on my part for beta 3
    Thanks,

Timbo

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast