+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Beta 3 Now Available to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So nothing regarding lockscreen has been updated? Im honestly thinking of not even getting the iPhone 4. Apple takes WAY too long to release stuff that should be there right
    Green Apple
    Thanks

So nothing regarding lockscreen has been updated? Im honestly thinking of not even getting the iPhone 4. Apple takes WAY too long to release stuff that should be there right at the beginning. I know about lockinfo but I think its *** to pay 4.99 ( i think ) for something that should already be a part of the OS.
    no spam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nave3d View Post
    So nothing regarding lockscreen has been updated? Im honestly thinking of not even getting the iPhone 4. Apple takes WAY too long to release stuff that should be there right at the beginning. I know about lockinfo but I think its *** to pay 4.99 ( i think ) for something that should already be a part of the OS.
    I hate people that are considering getting a $300-700 phone, but cry about an extremely useful app costing as much as lunch at McDonalds.

Pretend it's just more Apple Tax and shut it.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:

Cory Gillmore (08-03-2010), LanCo Rider (08-03-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

people are expecting way to much. and if modmyi didnt post that then im sure somebody else would have and made it look like modmyi was hiding something and that is even worst well almost as bad.

Thanks

i was for sure it was gonna take em 2 weeks or more. Apple steppin up their game play.
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nave3d View Post
    Nothing is stopping you.

Personally if the app is useful to me, I'll pay for it.

No coffee or jamb a juice for 1 day...big deal..

These features like lock info is not "necessary" and kills battery life which is why I do not use it.

The only apps I use like that that run all the time is, sbsettings and irealsms

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I saw one of the dev members on twitter saying there were quite a few more exploits they can use so patching this one isn't that big a deal.

I see that there are others that have taken my usual abruptness of telling people to shush so I'll refrain, but if you guys think it's bad around here check the comments on the jailbreak stories over at AppleInsider and MacRumors. There are so many lies and stupid people posting over there it makes me sad for the human race. People there are too stupid to even do a 10 second check on Google and are calling every single one of us thieves for jailbreaking. One even said that the dev for My3G should be held liable if someone got in a wreck using FaceTime over 3G and hurt someone. Thankfully ModMyI hasn't gotten to that level, but it has gone waaaay downhill since the 1.1.1 days of jailbreakme.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quick! Jailbreak all of the Apple Store iPhone 4's before they patch the website jailbreak! The next one'll surely be a restore-based jailbreak!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Steve jobs stop irritating Jailbreakers. They are legal now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I saw one of the dev members on twitter saying there were quite a few more exploits they can use so patching this one isn't that big a deal.

I see that there are others that have taken my usual abruptness of telling people to shush so I'll refrain, but if you guys think it's bad around here check the comments on the jailbreak stories over at AppleInsider and MacRumors. There are so many lies and stupid people posting over there it makes me sad for the human race. People there are too stupid to even do a 10 second check on Google and are calling every single one of us thieves for jailbreaking. One even said that the dev for My3G should be held liable if someone got in a wreck using FaceTime over 3G and hurt someone. Thankfully ModMyI hasn't gotten to that level, but it has gone waaaay downhill since the 1.1.1 days of jailbreakme.com
    I would most certainly be banned for flaming if I hopped over to Macrumors and read any of the aforementioned garbage.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This is like trying to find Waldo, except Waldo is the exploit, and MMi is the giant background that told all the other people to stay home just as Apple tried to find him. GJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Thanks

^ found him

13. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (08-03-2010)

Thanks

so with the new AVRCP support does this finally mean i can fast forward my songs and skip them back and forth on my cars bluetooth deck?
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    I agree!!!

---Look everyone I know something....and here is all the codes and blueprints...

It's getting like something off of Americas Most stupid criminals.

REALLY?!?

Ummm Apple. Stop patching his. But could you please ensure mine is secured with the next ios release? Thanks. Oh and please JB it or I'll just wait patiently until another JB is released. Then I will then ask to please fix the security hole found and broadcasted all over the internet for any criminal hacker to get access easier.

REALLY?!?

Honestly I don't what you guys are talking about, by your own words, weather apple patches something or not a GOOD hacker can release malicious viruses even without a jailbreak, or modmyi pointing it out so really what is the point of wasting your breath if ya really at think about it.....

So its just a chance you take, other phones are open source so its not like its something you should stress about!
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting read. So what is more safe, security wise? Bring jail-broke, or not? I have read contradicting post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Interesting read. So what is more safe, security wise? Bring jail-broke, or not? I have read contradicting post.
    As of now, being jailbroke AND downloading PDF Loader Warning is the safest way to go. The jailbreak uses the known PDF exploit through safari, any iPhone jailbroke or not can be hacked using this exploit. If you jailbreak, you can then download the loader warning and if you come across a website trying to exploit your iPhone through PDF, then it will inform you and ask for your permission to continue-if you are not looking at a PDF file then you don't give permission and nothing hacks your phone and you also get the perks of using other apps such as mywi 4.0 & my3g

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Ummm Apple. Stop patching his. But could you please ensure mine is secured with the next ios release? Thanks. Oh and please JB it or I'll just wait patiently until another JB is released. Then I will then ask to please fix the security hole found and broadcasted all over the internet for any criminal hacker to get access easier.
    I am assuming you do not save your shsh blobs at all? Afterall, if you follow the logic you stated then there would be no need for them as the known exploits are such frightening things. Are you going to update to 4.1 on release day so that you can have that increased security? This logic doesn't really make that much sense from a jb perspective. I mean most people will not update to 4.1 until there is a jailbreak for it so they're vulnerable that entire time.

As far as discussing it being a potential aid to criminal hackers is concerned, don't worry, they are already aware of numerous exploits in the OS. Any "criminal hacker" that would be relying on Comex's jb exploit in order to exercise their capabilities does not pose any serious threat to us in the first place.
    Last edited by mortopher; 08-03-2010 at 11:13 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Cory Gillmore (08-04-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple trying to push harder since the courts decision about jail breaking

Thanks

THANK YOU! MY 3G is f*cking useless! everyone is paying attention to the SUPERIOR "iphone 4" ok! iphone 4 can answer calls and can now JB and unlock. 3g cant do sh*t! Developers? I cant upgrade until June 2011..i brought this 3G before 3Gs was released!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, LockDown is not working so far.... so, I ask:
    Is there another usefull app that I can use to lock apps but compatible with iOS4.0, same as Lockdown?

Thanks

... and even full Bluetooth AVRCP support.
    Took them long enough :P
    Let's grow old together...
    ... And die at the same time