Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Beta 3 Now Available to Developers

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

Can any of you that have tested Beta 3 confirm that the proximity sensor has improved? Thanks

I cant believe the discontinued game center on ipod touch 2gen! i was looking forward to that!
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a question...
    -is there a way to place more than 12 apps in a Folder??
    Using "Categories" we can place up to 20 if it is desire.

Is there a way?... please let me know

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geoffe View Post
    Can any of you that have tested Beta 3 confirm that the proximity sensor has improved? Thanks
    I don't know of any apps that uses that sensor? Help me out.. is it only games?

Quote Originally Posted by PWNsyst3m View Post
    All of you are morons
    Yes.... but i have moments of clarity
    Last edited by timbo; 08-03-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thanks,

Timbo

Quote Originally Posted by olivo42 View Post
    I have a question...
    -is there a way to place more than 12 apps in a Folder??
    Using "Categories" we can place up to 20 if it is desire.

Is there a way?... please let me know
    infinifolders is being released later tonight, along with 4.0 compatible infinidock and infiniboard. hope this helped^^
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend

@geoffe- i think that the only time the proximty sensor comes into play is when your using the telephone app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

People are so ungrateful. YOU bitched and moaned "where is OUR jailbreak". YOU got your jailbreak and now YOU are complaining yet again. So what, they told everyone how they did it. It's a huge security problem that needs to be fixed. Just enjoy YOUR jailbreak and shut up.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandstorm77 For This Useful Post:

BeachLivin88 (08-03-2010), hawpunch (08-03-2010), iphone925 (08-04-2010), LanCo Rider (08-03-2010), YoungDKP (08-03-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post

The proximity sensor is what shuts off the screen when you are holding your phone to your ear. There is issues with the iPhone 4 where it doesn't shut off the screen correctly, and people's cheeks are playing games with the options that show when you are on a phone call.

I don't know of any apps that uses that [proximity] sensor? Help me out.. is it only games?
    It is only Phone.app. While holding the phone up to your face, it turns the screen (and touch sensitivity) off.. or rather in iPhone 4's case, doesn't. Seems to be a software issue.. it's just not sensitive enough.

Edit: Jinx

For those with a proximity issue where the screen turns off and WON'T TURN BACK ON UNTIL YOU LOCK THE PHONE, go to Reset All Settings. Fixes it. For pure sensitivity, this hasn't been fixed yet to my knowledge.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post

didn't even finish my point...

I get that Apple has intelligent people working for it, and that they would have eventually found the hole... but it seems we served it up to them on a silver platter. I don't remember this being the trend in the past.
    The people at Apple were sure to figure it out that same day anyway. Take a look at any forum there are people that figured it out that night and that is not their sole job.

People do this all the time. They warn the company then go public with the exploit. This is just different because the jailbreak used the exploit and then told everyone what it was but giving a fix for the bug within 24-48 hours themself. The old jailbreakme userland back in the 1.x day did the same thing. It used an image exploit then closed the door behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    People are so ungrateful. YOU bitched and moaned "where is OUR jailbreak". YOU got your jailbreak and now YOU are complaining yet again. So what, they told everyone how they did it. It's a huge security problem that needs to be fixed. Just enjoy YOUR jailbreak and shut up.
    Agreed. I had no issue running my iPhone 4 with no JB whatsoever. Apple gave me a lot what I wanted with iOS4 (sb wallpaper, backgrounding, etc.) Now that the JB is out, I obviously take advantage! If nothing else, for the increased security. However I don't intend to ever load my phone full of jailbroken apps. My phone worked like a dream out of the box.

Yeah. You are better with the jailbreak because there is a security issue that apple missed or ignored, someone found it and made it useful then fixed it. That's awesome! Now I use my iPhone 4 as a wifi hotspot and FaceTime over 3G and my phone is more secure then non-jailbroken ones because of "PDF loading warner". So I vote NO to apple fixing these issues because they don't give the perks that the dev team does! Jailbreak & Donate!

I don't think anyone's b!tching about the jailbreak itself. It was slick, mostly painless (despite the traffic issues - which are mostly beyond their control) and one of the best implementations I've seen so far. Comex and the dev team did a stellar job.

The only thing people are b!tching about is how the media are covering the jailbreak - making the exploit extremely public, and doing so before it can be legitimately patched in a timely manner. On a positive note, one thing's for sure.. jailbreaking got a lot of press this time around, both because of the security hole and the "now legal" nonsense. People know what it is now. At least the word's getting out.

Yes I forgot to mention how amazing this JB was. Much love to Comex and co. It worked first time for me with absolutely no issues at all. I didn't even have to turn FaceTime back on or anything. Great job!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I hope they do eventually patch this hole since it is a security risk. But i also hope the devs or somebody else find a bootrom exploit that lets redsnow work again. Kinda miss being able to change the boot image. This was a hella easy jailbreak though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    It is only Phone.app. While holding the phone up to your face, it turns the screen (and touch sensitivity) off.. or rather in iPhone 4's case, doesn't. Seems to be a software issue.. it's just not sensitive enough.

Edit: Jinx

For those with a proximity issue where the screen turns off and WON'T TURN BACK ON UNTIL YOU LOCK THE PHONE, go to Reset All Settings. Fixes it. For pure sensitivity, this hasn't been fixed yet to my knowledge.
    Hi mate,

I recently had my iphone 4 replaced because it had a loose home button and now the one it was replaced with has a proximity sensor problem. When I make a call and cover the sensor or even put it next to my ear the screen just doesn't shut off AT ALL. I'm getting fed up of swapping the damn thing, nearest apple store is about 30 miles away.

Any idea's? I will greatly appreciate your opinions

Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    I hope they do eventually patch this hole since it is a security risk. But i also hope the devs or somebody else find a bootrom exploit that lets redsnow work again. Kinda miss being able to change the boot image. This was a hella easy jailbreak though.
    For this jailbreak, the boot image itself is where some of the boot injection hides. That's why you can see some weird colored pixels while booting. It may not be possible to change the image without losing an injection method anymore.. we shall see. There are exploits abound in userland, but I think what will be harder in the future is finding boot-time (or if we're very lucky, bootrom) exploits so jailbreaks continue to be untethered.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Hold it up to your face and see if it works better!! Before, even If u moved it a Lil bit the screen would light up.....

Thanks

Damn apple is moving fast with this ios 4.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    The proximity sensor is what shuts off the screen when you are holding your phone to your ear. There is issues with the iPhone 4 where it doesn't shut off the screen correctly, and people's cheeks are playing games with the options that show when you are on a phone call.
    Aaaaaaahh. I have been cheek dialing like crazy. LOL
    Thanks,

Timbo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast