Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple and Foxconn May Be Up to Something with Temporary iPhone Plant

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple and Foxconn May Be Up to Something with Temporary iPhone Plant

Suspicions are running wild over what Apple and Foxconn could be up to in China with the launch of what some are calling a small but secretive iPhone manufacturing plant. Of course, if it's a manufacturing plant, it's a little difficult to understand what's so "secretive" about the operation. One could naturally assume that this facility is simply another Chinese-based location for making the very devices that are already in such short supply around the world.

But as Jonny Evans of Computerworld noted in his blog today, this "secret factory" could very well be where Apple is testing the waters for mass producing a CDMA iPhone. Evans acknowledged first hearing of Foxconn's plan to open a new factory "while the world was discussing the outbreak of suicides at the company's huge factories earlier this summer." According to the report, the confirmed construction of the new $100 million factory will begin later this month. A temporary workshop in inland China, however, is now churning out iPhones as Apple and Foxconn prepare to build the aforementioned "permanent plant nearby to make iPhones for Apple".

The Computerworld report suggests that the temporary facility now being used until the big plant is finished may exist as a means for Apple to to produce small quantities of iPhone prototypes - possibly including 4G, LTE, and/or CDMA-capable models. What in all likelihood is transpiring is both Apple and Foxconn are taking this opportunity to "spend some time figuring out the best way to manufacture new devices," all while growing a trained workforce (of 500) capable of taking their knowledge to the mass production assembly lines of the forthcoming mega facility.

Computerworld

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

richboy20 (08-02-2010)

Maybe it's missile silos to take out the JB servers ;-p

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spamsalad For This Useful Post:

Joseph_Prophet (08-02-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by spamsalad View Post
    Hahaha. Lol. That's hilarious.

Maybe it's to keep up with demand. They know that the white version is gonna be popular!
    Last edited by unoimkewl; 08-02-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Theyre making apple branded turtlenecks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PWNsyst3m For This Useful Post:

plcrules (08-02-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

WE wil never know...

more suicides

Thanks

Top secret huh?

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    more suicides

You beat me to it !!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Raises for all those workers means loss of profit, moving to a new location will mean they need to train a whole bunch of new people and give minimum wage again.
    The small facility is most likely to train people in, not this super secret stuff. Jobs would not trust super secret stuff to go so far away.

steve jobs brand turtlenecks for your iphone 4 the ultimate case

Quote Originally Posted by spamsalad View Post
    lol!! still, this is just another rumuor to feed the masses of Verizon iPhone fans.
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend

Ahh, my daily dose of unfounded rumors delivered to me as the gospel truth by Messany...On a 2nd note, if iphone goes on verizon messany will be able to laugh at us for the rest of his life.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

People Messany does not just make this stuff up if you notice there is always a link below his article of other sites that report articles like this as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by leathelisor View Post
    Ahh, my daily dose of unfounded rumors delivered to me as the gospel truth by Messany...On a 2nd note, if iphone goes on verizon messany will be able to laugh at us for the rest of his life.
    Yup hope Verizon gets the iPhone!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 08-02-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

messanys a great writer and is just trying to put out the latest rumors which many turn out true... but isnt that what this site is about? Its not just iphone modding in fact it started out as just being a premiere site for the latest apple news speculation and rumors. Being a Verizon employee myself and the son of the owner of 2 verzion indirect agents I know how crucial and important every step closer to a verizon iphone is..... especially because the verizon iphone would pay for my college if my dad could sell it.

Oh and maybe messany can report the latest i found in iphone scams with a $120 app in the top grossing apps all in chinese and people in the reviews said they never bought it but it was billed to their account. I sent a pm to the owner (poelic_folly i believe he goes by) with screenshots and all but check it out yourselves

Edit: looked again and it was removed from the app store but here are the screenshots I took:

Last edited by SnowLeo; 08-02-2010 at 10:40 PM.

@snowleo WDF thats a wierd *** app and i hope i dont get cought in this scam.