+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Deletes Competitor Smartphone Demonstrations from Antenna Page

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by MooShoo EVO .... The phone with the 1 hr standby and 10 min talk time battery. Lol! EVO = POS Hey now, his screen is bigger so
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MooShoo View Post
    EVO .... The phone with the 1 hr standby and 10 min talk time battery. Lol!

    EVO = POS
    Hey now, his screen is bigger so it MUST be better right? Hahahahahahahahhaha

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak? dtmoore555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    hahahahaha... typical fanboy response!!! lol

    screen is bigger yes & good, but retina is 10x better... NON FANBOY RESPONSE!!!
    HAN SHOT FIRST!!!

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts

    "To make sure our antennas work as well as they possibly can, Apple has invested more than $100 million building its advanced labs. Our engineers have logged thousands of hours designing and testing iPhone 4 in these state-of-the-art facilities."

    Yet, you can still lose your signal with a single finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Don't you love all this willy waving?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Success.Is.Sweet For This Useful Post:

    dtmoore555 (08-01-2010)

  5. #24
    MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SC California
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOtC9QfXac]YouTube - HTC EVO vs iPhone4[/ame]

    Old ... but still funny (Contains Cuss words)

  6. #25
    What's Jailbreak? dtmoore555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

    gotta have both to complete the laughter all around though!!!
    HAN SHOT FIRST!!!

  7. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life exNavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Maybe their legal staff finally woke up and advised against this?

    The first rule of advertising is not to mention your competitors, certainly not to sling mud at them. It means you have a product you don't feel comfortable with to begin with.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

    dtmoore555 (08-01-2010)

  9. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dtmoore555 View Post
    well wouldn't say it's that bad, but it's not good either... doesn't bother me since I'm always around some form of power source...

    at least I can hold my phone anyway I want w/o a case & any problems of signal issues!!! That's not all either... I being a former 2G, 3G & 3GS user have tons of other reasons the new I4 is more of a POS than the EVO ever dreamed of being!!!

    Also not being a FANBOY of either phone I speak from experience instead of LUST!!!
    Tell me please what are these tons of reasons? I too have used both devices. While each may have a thing or two the other doesn't the evo is not close in overall user experience. The iPhone 4 is a better device. And that is before the jailbreak. It will be leaps and bounds better when we get that. Say what you want about having to jailbreak the iPhone. What do you think rooting your android device is? ITS JAILBREAKING IT! at least iPhone users don't have to wait months and months after a firmware update to be able to install it on the device. How long did you have to wait for your Froyo update again? Oh you still haven't got it? Maybe next month.....
    (I don't know if evo has been able to update to 2.2 or not but if so how long did it take? Not to mention there are brand new smartphones being released with software that is months behind with no way to update) I'm not saying the evo is a bad device because it is not. But you have to come up with something better than "at least I can hold my phone any way I want" I too can hold my iPhone anyway, anyhow I want with NO reception loss. It depends on the service area you are in. I live in a city with about 15k people in it. Needless to say AT&T is not particularly strong here. Non the less my wife and I have no reception problems whatsoever.

    Quote Originally Posted by dtmoore555 View Post
    hahahahaha... typical fanboy response!!! lol

    screen is bigger yes & good, but retina is 10x better... NON FANBOY RESPONSE!!!
    Typical fanboy response? Were you reading your own? I pretty much despise apple...but the iPhone is the best smartphone on the market. That why I own it. I have used many, many devices. When an android device comes out with as good of a screen, as good of a user experience with access to as many good apps, without having to worry about if I'll be able to update to the latest firmware or not that is as good looking then I will get something else. But there just isn't anything right now that compares when you look at everything.
    Last edited by skj8100; 08-01-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #28
    What's Jailbreak? dtmoore555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rooting... Jailbreaking... well yea it's the same & either way it's almost a MUST on either platform to give you what you desire... Google claims OPEN, but it's far from once manufactures such as MOTOROLA put the ROOT KILL SWITCH in them... Both platforms are NOT EVEN CLOSE to what I would and YOU would like I'm sure... So here to answer your questions:

    1: Not a FANBOY of either... never have been nor will be... the iPhone 2G, 3G & 3GS are AWESOME!!! I love those models... I love their design... I'm just not sold on the I4 & especially iOS 4.0 or 4.01... Reason being it's SOOOOOO buggy, but expected w/ any new major release... I to be honest HATE AT&T the most out of the entire ordeal though... don't' know many who don't though...

    2: As far as being USER FRIENDLY Froyo 2.2 is way better than the ones before it, but still not as good as iOS... iOS xxxx was built on that as most MACs were... I agree as far as OS goes iOS as a whole is better NOW, but if Apple doesn't step up Google will surpass them QUICK in that field as they have in many others already... Of course we could get into a discussion of FEATURES which iOS has lacked, Google has always had & vice versa, but that's neither here or there & can be found on may sites...

    3: The OS updates are well HARDER to do on Android since the STUPID manufactures and the carriers hold that in their court... So when you have tons of different setups and phone models it will of course be longer of a wait instead of APPLE and its 3 iOS devices... I myself don't like HTC SENSE so I used site to assist me: How to Choose the Right Android ROM for You btw... August 3rd is the OFFICIAL release date for 2.2 on the EVO and I think a few other HTC phone models on Verizon as well... It's actually been in certain markets trickling out slowly since last Monday...

    4: Honestly I'd love to have an I4... I love the CONCEPT of it, but after seeing how APPLE took 22days to even speak about it then threw all these other companies under the bus is a SHAME and DISCRACE to me... Android OS may not be where I would like, but at least they are TRYING to make a device worth having & be able to not have to worry about jailbreaking it to customize it and make it mine... I couldn't STAND iOS 3 and older after seeing my friends with android phones making folders, saving attachments, side loading apps, multitasking, etc... Apple is just too slow to the game now... They lack the spunk they had w/ the 2G and 3G... their getting surpassed by almost anyone with hardware and software... 4th Generation I4 to me is a joke until they fix the Death Grip issue & openly admit without trying to bring others down with them it is a problem... we know it's a problem... letís do a recall!!! I personally don't like cases... never had one on either of my phones... so to be stuck with almost having to have one it's a shame!!! Free or Not!!!

    either way both phones boil down to "To Each his own" concept... I am a fan of both brands... I know the appstore is 100x better FOR NOW than the android market... I know there is a much great following and scene on the iPhone than android FOR NOW... I like the bigger screen... I like removable batteries... I like expandable memory... I like having features 2 versions before apple thinks of adding them in their iOS (wallpapers, copy/paste, folders, multitasking, etc...)... I just in general for me like the Android OS better all around for ME...

    BTW the definition of FANBOY is: "A person who is completely loyal to a game or company regardless of if they suck or not." so I can't be one since I'm stating APPLE is better in some and GOOGLE is better in others...
    HAN SHOT FIRST!!!

  11. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    MESSANY YOU SUCK THE BIG ONE!!!
    lmao!! JUST KIDDING!!!! this is quite interesting news, and ive always rather enjoyed messany's posts (he knows, ive sent him "good job" messages) but i have to say since the tooth fairy is watching his posts like a hawk his haters have taken a break. and i miss messays haters quite a bit, since their hating comments used to crack me up to the point of making my whole day.

    goo joo as always messany

    and i miss you messany haters, u guys are funny.

  12. #30
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dtmoore555 View Post
    Rooting... Jailbreaking... well yea it's the same & either way it's almost a MUST on either platform to give you what you desire... Google claims OPEN, but it's far from once manufactures such as MOTOROLA put the ROOT KILL SWITCH in them... Both platforms are NOT EVEN CLOSE to what I would and YOU would like I'm sure... So here to answer your questions:

    1: Not a FANBOY of either... never have been nor will be... the iPhone 2G, 3G & 3GS are AWESOME!!! I love those models... I love their design... I'm just not sold on the I4 & especially iOS 4.0 or 4.01... Reason being it's SOOOOOO buggy, but expected w/ any new major release... I to be honest HATE AT&T the most out of the entire ordeal though... don't' know many who don't though...

    2: As far as being USER FRIENDLY Froyo 2.2 is way better than the ones before it, but still not as good as iOS... iOS xxxx was built on that as most MACs were... I agree as far as OS goes iOS as a whole is better NOW, but if Apple doesn't step up Google will surpass them QUICK in that field as they have in many others already... Of course we could get into a discussion of FEATURES which iOS has lacked, Google has always had & vice versa, but that's neither here or there & can be found on may sites...

    3: The OS updates are well HARDER to do on Android since the STUPID manufactures and the carriers hold that in their court... So when you have tons of different setups and phone models it will of course be longer of a wait instead of APPLE and its 3 iOS devices... I myself don't like HTC SENSE so I used site to assist me: How to Choose the Right Android ROM for You btw... August 3rd is the OFFICIAL release date for 2.2 on the EVO and I think a few other HTC phone models on Verizon as well... It's actually been in certain markets trickling out slowly since last Monday...

    4: Honestly I'd love to have an I4... I love the CONCEPT of it, but after seeing how APPLE took 22days to even speak about it then threw all these other companies under the bus is a SHAME and DISCRACE to me... Android OS may not be where I would like, but at least they are TRYING to make a device worth having & be able to not have to worry about jailbreaking it to customize it and make it mine... I couldn't STAND iOS 3 and older after seeing my friends with android phones making folders, saving attachments, side loading apps, multitasking, etc... Apple is just too slow to the game now... They lack the spunk they had w/ the 2G and 3G... their getting surpassed by almost anyone with hardware and software... 4th Generation I4 to me is a joke until they fix the Death Grip issue & openly admit without trying to bring others down with them it is a problem... we know it's a problem... letís do a recall!!! I personally don't like cases... never had one on either of my phones... so to be stuck with almost having to have one it's a shame!!! Free or Not!!!

    either way both phones boil down to "To Each his own" concept... I am a fan of both brands... I know the appstore is 100x better FOR NOW than the android market... I know there is a much great following and scene on the iPhone than android FOR NOW... I like the bigger screen... I like removable batteries... I like expandable memory... I like having features 2 versions before apple thinks of adding them in their iOS (wallpapers, copy/paste, folders, multitasking, etc...)... I just in general for me like the Android OS better all around for ME...

    BTW the definition of FANBOY is: "A person who is completely loyal to a game or company regardless of if they suck or not." so I can't be one since I'm stating APPLE is better in some and GOOGLE is better in others...
    Pretty good post only I'm not sure what you mean by buggy for ios4... I have an And 2.2 (last week) that I really don't like it's way slower than my i4 and have experienced app crashes very bad. But like you said it is just all user pref.

    I go to alot of different sites for reviews help tips tricks and such. With that said it really funny that the posts are about the same. People are complaining alot about the evo and droid on their site and praising stuff with the iPhones. Pretty funny really. Even on the mopar forum people are like Cheve and ford this then in their site it's dodge is better. Sometimes I think we sign up for news or posts on the wrong sites. Or perhaps it's the competition planting moles to start havoc. Either way it's pretty funny at times.

    Again great post I enjoyed reading it.

    Best
    DK

  13. #31
    iPhoneaholic LSZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Killeen, Texas, United States
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts

    i wouldn't mind trying out an android phone just to form my own opinion on it. HTC makes great phones but then again, the last HTC phone I owned was the Touch Pro/Fuze. On previous android devices i've played with for a few moments, I didn't like the touchscreen and the way it responded vs that of the iPhone. IMO I prefer the iPhone.

  14. #32
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    I would be willing to bet that 99% of the reason this was finally taken down was due to legal ramifications, in fact I'm surprised this campaign ran for as long as it did. Apple was walking a VERY thin line when they posted all of these various manufacturers on their website regarding the Antenna issues. Whether or not the claims apple made are factual, there are still grounds for a slander and defamation lawsuit on behalf of the other cell phone makers (And your looking at some pretty notable ones too; RIM, Nokia, Samsung...etc).
    Very good point, but if the claims are true then how could it be slander?

    Defintion:

    In common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false and defamatory spoken statement or report

    If they were speaking the truth and could back up claims with a verifiable process that shows the problem is reproducible then it can't be slander.

  15. #33
    iPhoneaholic southfrisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 43 Times in 37 Posts

    No matter what Apple does to their web site the perception is the iPhone 4 has a flawed design. No matter the arguments, if you can see the "X marks the spot" seam it will continue to be an issue in the future for Apple. If Apple sticks with the same design for iPhone 5 it will surely hurt sales potential (they will still sell but I can't imagine as much as this year).

    Next year I am sure there will be people saying "Why didn't they change the outer antenna design? Curse Apple!"
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

  16. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life rhekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    So what. They've prooved their point and they're moving on.

  17. #35
    Green Apple Imsorussian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    I never had problem with antenna still waiting for bumper thoug, and please some body release the flucking jailbreak

  18. #36
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dtmoore555 View Post
    Rooting... Jailbreaking... well yea it's the same & either way it's almost a MUST on either platform to give you what you desire... Google claims OPEN, but it's far from once manufactures such as MOTOROLA put the ROOT KILL SWITCH in them... Both platforms are NOT EVEN CLOSE to what I would and YOU would like I'm sure... So here to answer your questions:

    1: Not a FANBOY of either... never have been nor will be... the iPhone 2G, 3G & 3GS are AWESOME!!! I love those models... I love their design... I'm just not sold on the I4 & especially iOS 4.0 or 4.01... Reason being it's SOOOOOO buggy, but expected w/ any new major release... I to be honest HATE AT&T the most out of the entire ordeal though... don't' know many who don't though...

    2: As far as being USER FRIENDLY Froyo 2.2 is way better than the ones before it, but still not as good as iOS... iOS xxxx was built on that as most MACs were... I agree as far as OS goes iOS as a whole is better NOW, but if Apple doesn't step up Google will surpass them QUICK in that field as they have in many others already... Of course we could get into a discussion of FEATURES which iOS has lacked, Google has always had & vice versa, but that's neither here or there & can be found on may sites...

    3: The OS updates are well HARDER to do on Android since the STUPID manufactures and the carriers hold that in their court... So when you have tons of different setups and phone models it will of course be longer of a wait instead of APPLE and its 3 iOS devices... I myself don't like HTC SENSE so I used site to assist me: How to Choose the Right Android ROM for You btw... August 3rd is the OFFICIAL release date for 2.2 on the EVO and I think a few other HTC phone models on Verizon as well... It's actually been in certain markets trickling out slowly since last Monday...

    4: Honestly I'd love to have an I4... I love the CONCEPT of it, but after seeing how APPLE took 22days to even speak about it then threw all these other companies under the bus is a SHAME and DISCRACE to me... Android OS may not be where I would like, but at least they are TRYING to make a device worth having & be able to not have to worry about jailbreaking it to customize it and make it mine... I couldn't STAND iOS 3 and older after seeing my friends with android phones making folders, saving attachments, side loading apps, multitasking, etc... Apple is just too slow to the game now... They lack the spunk they had w/ the 2G and 3G... their getting surpassed by almost anyone with hardware and software... 4th Generation I4 to me is a joke until they fix the Death Grip issue & openly admit without trying to bring others down with them it is a problem... we know it's a problem... letís do a recall!!! I personally don't like cases... never had one on either of my phones... so to be stuck with almost having to have one it's a shame!!! Free or Not!!!

    either way both phones boil down to "To Each his own" concept... I am a fan of both brands... I know the appstore is 100x better FOR NOW than the android market... I know there is a much great following and scene on the iPhone than android FOR NOW... I like the bigger screen... I like removable batteries... I like expandable memory... I like having features 2 versions before apple thinks of adding them in their iOS (wallpapers, copy/paste, folders, multitasking, etc...)... I just in general for me like the Android OS better all around for ME...

    BTW the definition of FANBOY is: "A person who is completely loyal to a game or company regardless of if they suck or not." so I can't be one since I'm stating APPLE is better in some and GOOGLE is better in others...
    Summary of this post for those who don't care to read the entire thing:

    Apple is better now, but Android is going to surpass them at some point in the future so that justifies me buying an Android based smartphone in the present.

    Every year we get to hear this "Android will pass the iPhone up if they keep treating their customers like this" type of crap, yet every year the iPhone has record breaking sales figures.

    Hopes and dreams, my friend, hopes and dreams.

  19. #37
    What's Jailbreak? joshbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    [mod edit/link removed] just reported on a jailbreak for the iPhone 4:

    The website [mod edit/link removed] claims that they can jailbreak the iPhone 4G for $24.99. The website states in their FAQ page that the unlock instals Cydia. The website also claims that since 2007 they have jailbroken for "1 million customers worldwide, located in over 145 countries. This makes us the most experienced and accomplished iPhone Unlocking service in the industry." Obviously George Hotz and the Dev team easily trump this and it will be interesting to see the effect this has on the jailbreak community.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 08-01-2010 at 04:01 PM.

  20. #38
    Livin the iPhone Life tudtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Foco, Colorado
    Posts
    1,003
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts

    I wish Apple didn't posted that in the first place. Make them look like a sore loser.

  21. #39
    What's Jailbreak? dtmoore555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Summary of this post for those who don't care to read the entire thing:

    Apple is better now, but Android is going to surpass them at some point in the future so that justifies me buying an Android based smartphone in the present.

    Every year we get to hear this "Android will pass the iPhone up if they keep treating their customers like this" type of crap, yet every year the iPhone has record breaking sales figures.

    Hopes and dreams, my friend, hopes and dreams.
    ya know the reason why apple always has (in the iOS world that is) better sales figures??? it's because of TWO HUGE reason and those are.........

    INOVATION of an EXCELLENT product up until GEN4 where they dropped off... & FANBOYS: "A person who is completely loyal to a game or company regardless of if they suck or not."

    all (including me) when purchasing an iphone felt they had the best of the best... felt we were part of an elite group... part of something big and revolutionary... well at the time we were in the game with the 2G, 3G & 3GS!!! There was NO BEATING the iPhone... you had Android which wasn't doing hot until the Droid... so it was blah... Windows is hell on a phone (interested in v7 though) so it was blah for years... WebOS made a small splash... then here comes apple making a product people could afford... It rocked the world and took all of us by storm!!! Now apple is just part of the game instead of being the game... Once people really gets to try other OS's and steps out of their safety zone they'll be surprised as I am w/ Android and what it's doing for the phone scene...

    Apple more than likely for years to come will be a higher seller of phones, but they won't always be better and that is proven this generation with the competition such as Motorola and it's Droid X... HTC and it's EVO... Samsung and it's Galaxy S series... hate to say it, but even the Pre had better things than honestly both OS's did in a lot of cases, but just didn't have the backing... All in all no one who is a FANBOY of apple wants to admit they are lacking in a lot of areas and the software and hardware on the phone is one... they tried to change things so props there... they've always been a great company for innovation, but this GEN4 is lacking in many fields where Android is gaining ground and quickly... still can't touch the Touch or iPad!!! I own both and swear by them... So with those two ya can call me a FANBOY!!!
    HAN SHOT FIRST!!!

  22. #40
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts

    Lol, yes phones can lose reception, but not all phones drop calls. Oh, and no matter what, I can't get my droidx to drop any bars no matter what way I hold it. Wouldn't doubt it if apple faked the videos.

    Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    i wouldn't mind trying out an android phone just to form my own opinion on it. HTC makes great phones but then again, the last HTC phone I owned was the Touch Pro/Fuze. On previous android devices i've played with for a few moments, I didn't like the touchscreen and the way it responded vs that of the iPhone. IMO I prefer the iPhone.
    Trust me, I had an iphone for three years. I live my droidx. The screen is just like the iphone. Not like the older pressure sensitive screens. My wife still has my old iphone 3gs, and every time I do anything on it, I call it a kindergarten phone. It was great because it was the first, but is in no way the best anymore.
    Last edited by GmAz; 08-01-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts