+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreakers to Apple: “This is only the beginning...”

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Maybe in Oklahoma. Nowhere else in the real world. Apple believes in $, communists don't. Communists believe in no social groups being better than any other, I don't see Apple
    Thanks

Maybe in Oklahoma. Nowhere else in the real world. Apple believes in $, communists don't. Communists believe in no social groups being better than any other, I don't see Apple fomenting that. In fact, if you read the dictionary definition of it, below, Apple is the opposite of communism since they are telling us they own our purchased equipment (or at least the software therein).

"a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs."

So, fail there

Now draconian, you are a bit closer: "(of laws or their application) excessively harsh and severe."
    Senior

Banned
    Thanks

great article., 100 million consumers vs Apple should be an easy win for consumers.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Wow. I didn't think i would find a Rand-head here. I always find you guys so amusing. This perfect world you guys always speak of doesn't, can't, and won't exist for the same reason that the perfect communist state won't succeed either: the human element. As long as humans are a vital component, neither system will succeed as designed.
    I agree. The human element of looting, crying, ********, wanting something for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    I do find your quote about how a monopoly could not exist without government assistance interesting, considering Apple is doing exactly what they shouldn't be able to do... Where's the government assistance?
    Government/Courts. Were on the way.

Bottom line still comes down to, dont buy it if you dont like it. Vote with your wallet. It is a phone, not water, food, medicine.

oh, and they were not my quotes, i referenced them

Thanks

Apple will simply unlock the iphones (like they do outside USA) and sell it unlocked either way. Its a slam dunk for apple and no big deal. Apple has nothing to do with cydia. Most people only care about the unlock anyway.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BboyAirrick View Post
    Sweeet.....cydia on the app store? Awesome possum!
    Did you actually read the article? Or are you just throwing something out there?

Thanks

Okay, I have to congratulate Rock for taking the initiative on this, but I think it needs to be pointed out that Apple, while having the largest app store and market share in this, is by no means a monopolistic holder. If we think about this, app isn't even the first one to come up with an App Market, just the one that really ran with it. I work for a cellular provider and we offer different applications and games through our service for all devices and since they are our devices, we pick and choose which ones we offer to our customers. So how is this any different from what Apple is doing besides the fact that they are the creators of the product?

Let's look at this from a differet angle. If I were to like Garmin's look and style of gps but wanted Magellan's gps maps, should I demand that the Garmin allow me to put on the other maps?

Don't get me wrong, I am all for jailbreaking, but are we really to expect Apple to just allow us to do whatever we want to the device without consequence? Maybe if they just put a disclaimer stating that any modification to the device or the software/programs installed on the device not authorized by Apple will void any warranty or end user agreement and therefore be solely the responsibility of the owner if any damage should occur. I think that would be a fair trade for what we would like to see happen in the future. Apple is then covered from a legal standpoint from dealing with any outfall from a problem and we still get to do what we would like. Just a thought...

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J_Marley For This Useful Post:

greeneyes5066 (08-01-2010), mr.sparky (08-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LxNos7 View Post
    i think jailbreaking has become mainstream. it can be a good and or bad thing. :/
    funny, i have that same feeling
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,
    good news for JB lovers, I'm only satisfide and trained (INDIRECTLY) by GH, SJ, BB and other comunities more experiences than Apple (in my opinion) and they (Apple) should keep people independently using their Iphone......... & the history continue

Thanks

From Twitter today:

comex

If he is really redirecting ads for a competitor to his own app, there is no way I'm ever installing Rock by default in a jailbreak.
    comex

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Thank goodness. It's about freekin time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm glad somebody took action upon Apple's monopoly.

Now let's show APPLE that:

"Who Rocks Last Rocks Better At The End"

Best regards!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you Rock Your Phone for all the hard work your doing to free our PERSONAL devices. Apple has a lot of nerve trying to dictate to us how to use our own personal property. It's very un-American and it's time someone put a stop to their dictatorship ways. Please don't stop till they are stopped! Thanks again! You guys ROCK MY PHONE!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now that jailbreaking is thankful now legal why don't the guys at Cydia write there own operating system for the iPhone buy studying the hardware used then all us iPhone users would not need apple software at all.

Thanks

Because that's not what they do or want. You can install Android on the iPhone thanks to a member of the Dev Team but without iOS it's no longer an iPhone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is my phone, I bought it with my money so therefore I can do anything with it. It simple as that...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Gr0undBreak1ng's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chase817 View Post
    I barely even care about jailbreaking anymore. With all the noobs around, it is just a click of a button. Most of them don't even call it jailbreaking, they call it free apps. I jailbroke the original iPhone back when I was on 1.0.2. I loved it then, because it was a way to make my phone unique, and different. Now these idiots go and download a tiny program where you click a button and they are suddenly 1337 h.axx0rz. I have basically lost all interest in jailbreaking now, with the exception of a few little things. My iPhone 4 is stock, and I don't feel like slowing it down, and screwing it up with jailbreaking. Sure, in the future I might jailbreak once again, just to have people run up to me and ask if I have free apps, but all I want it for is openSSH. (Which, by the way, every noob jailbreaker I ask has no idea what it is or why you would want it.)
    Nowadays I just use my iPod and iDevices for their true purpose. I only write and develop jailbreaks. Using jailbreaks has lost my interest sadly.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567