+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreakers to Apple: “This is only the beginning...”

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Keep the jailbreak as it is, but stop the app piracy I want to enhance & customise my iphone not download apps for free Anyone with an Android phone should
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Keep the jailbreak as it is, but stop the app piracy

I want to enhance & customise my iphone not download apps for free

Anyone with an Android phone should recycle it or throw it away and purchase an IPhone, you will have no apps to download soon

Your as **** as Microsoft
    Last edited by Nips_19; 08-01-2010 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skater38053 View Post
    Let the jailbreaking begin!
    no, jailbreaking has been a regular.

instead, let FREEDOM reign.

Thanks

Wow. I didn't think i would find a Rand-head here. I always find you guys so amusing. This perfect world you guys always speak of doesn't, can't, and won't exist for the same reason that the perfect communist state won't succeed either: the human element. As long as humans are a vital component, neither system will succeed as designed.

I do find your quote about how a monopoly could not exist without government assistance interesting, considering Apple is doing exactly what they shouldn't be able to do... Where's the government assistance?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Joseph_Prophet's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Cydia and Rock your phone on app store, that will be great...

But I think the jailbreak will be necessary anyways, for people that want to unlock their iPhones...
    i'm pretty sure unlocking will somehow be tied into all this, but jailbreaking may still be needed for boot logos and such.
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ota install for everything. Simple. Easy.

Thanks

I am shocked that MMi give Rock so much publicity and treat them as if they were equal to cydia - rather than the people who have trashed so many iPhones.

It's almost as if you guys don't actually talk to any of the Devs.

I sometimes feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall and people just don't care.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greekking23 View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. I feel as though the true experience of jailbreaking is best the way it is. If the average consumer could simply click a link in the App Store, I am almost positive that something must be destroyed from jailbreaking as WE know it.

Please, take a moment to think about this. It's 3:00am and I should be sleeping, so I won't go into too much detail. If the bulk of iOS devices get Cydia, the experience of it will become diluted, something made for the masses instead of the relatively small group of people who are motivated enough to break free from the norm, instead of following Apple's mandate.

To sum it up, once any old iOS owner gets access to Cydia and Rock, then the entire meaning of the jailbreak, one of personalization and control at the user level and being UNIQUE, becomes exactly the opposite: trendy, cool, mainstream.

Jailbreaking isn't mainstream. It isn't meant to be. I am all for the cause promoted, but I firmly believe that the experience that we know and love will become lost.

It's a catch-22: go mainstream and lose a figurative part of the JB, or remain selfish and allow Apple to continue it's unfair practices. Being a moral person, I'll take the first choice, but I'll appreciate the JB in a deeper way until that day comes.
    i couldnt agree with u anymore.. then what ploth side that malwear can happen to lots of use like the android. by letting it becoming mainstream, but keep unlocking and jailbreaking the legal for all of us who want explore the phones capabilities.

then if cydia makes its why on to the phone apple find a why to charge u for it. and dev-team likes giving it back to apple. to there reaction at same time wanting it to free.lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

bla bla bla just bring out the damn iPhone 4 jailbreak. It's been done wtf are they waiting for.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow this is all good news, even better 4 us who doesnt no much about JB.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Wow. I didn't think i would find a Rand-head here. I always find you guys so amusing. This perfect world you guys always speak of doesn't, can't, and won't exist for the same reason that the perfect communist state won't succeed either: the human element. As long as humans are a vital component, neither system will succeed as designed.

I do find your quote about how a monopoly could not exist without government assistance interesting, considering Apple is doing exactly what they shouldn't be able to do... Where's the government assistance?
    I believe it's on another forum called the Drudge report... Understand you views and respect most everyones right to a free opinion. However, theses threads keep getting highjacked into either hate apple fan boys/love All iKiller prods. To apple sucks but I own every device where is my restitution? It never fails.

Thanks

Imagine the possibilities..

---------------------------------
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thanks

First off the initial post was extremely well written. I believe the attention being bought to the huge amounts of money Apple is receiving and in contrast the amount of money they essentially are preventing others to make will be the most compelling point the government will key in on. Very interesting.

And the craziest thing about this recent court decision is how everybody now knows about or wants to know about jailbreaking. I have been JBing since I first got my 2G. I too remember the days of sitting there for 20-30 minutes watching your new expensive toy hoping you did not mess any thing up too bad that it could not be recovered from. Now, we have one button tools and the most random people I work with asking me about JBing since they 1. Know I have all my iDevices JBroken and 2. the recent court decision. I am glad we are making progress but I do miss the days of being one of few people I knew who had or knew what JBing was. Just saying.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ninthchamber99 For This Useful Post:

Blade600rr06 (08-01-2010)

Thanks

^^^this! Seemed almost like an elite club!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Love all the people who keep saying it will never happen, end of the day you need to go read up on competition laws and anti monopolistic laws so you actually even understand what's Being done here!

Any behaviour in the uk deamed anti competitive will result in a fine of upto 10% of your annual turnover.

In the uk (pos europe) microsoft can't even bundle in internet explorer with any os these days,

App store exploits dominates and controls the market for both dev and consumer, as political powers are educated and realise this, it will force iPhones to take the same road as windows os :

please select the browsers you want to install : x y z

Please select your prefered application provider : x y z

So ultimately they are aiming for open Market pre jailbroken iPhones, there is no 'it will never happen' the legal presidents are there abd the laws and regulations in place. It's just a matter of time!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    First off the initial post was extremely well written. I believe the attention being bought to the huge amounts of money Apple is receiving and in contrast the amount of money they essentially are preventing others to make will be the most compelling point the government will key in on. Very interesting.

And the craziest thing about this recent court decision is how everybody now knows about or wants to know about jailbreaking. I have been JBing since I first got my 2G. I too remember the days of sitting there for 20-30 minutes watching your new expensive toy hoping you did not mess any thing up too bad that it could not be recovered from. Now, we have one button tools and the most random people I work with asking me about JBing since they 1. Know I have all my iDevices JBroken and 2. the recent court decision. I am glad we are making progress but I do miss the days of being one of few people I knew who had or knew what JBing was. Just saying.
    Lol. I remember thoes days!!! Shoot even remember buying a new 16 gig while in Afganistan. It took me 8 hrs to kb and unlock it. I used the old method because at the time Ziphone was having some issues. Lol.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I am shocked that MMi give Rock so much publicity and treat them as if they were equal to cydia - rather than the people who have trashed so many iPhones.

It's almost as if you guys don't actually talk to any of the Devs.
    No one said they're equal to Cydia.

I am shocked how many people are near-violently against even the MENTION of Rock. We spend plenty of time with devs (you just may be surprised, given your statement - my IRC is open 18+ hrs/day), and even in the harshest of anti-Rock rooms there are bunches who don't mind Rock at all. Their names might also surprise you. A few very vocal devs trash Rock at every opportunity. Some even meet the Rock Your Phone folks' questions of "ok we're listening, what would make the experience better for all" with non-comments and cyclical arguments. We all agree Cydia is more technically solid than Rock. Rock Your Phone is continually working on their product, and they are responsive and open to suggestions, and a part of the jailbreak community.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

skeels (08-01-2010)

Thanks

I guess I only get to hear the complaints and problems.

If you are happy with Rock, I guess I should be less vocal in my criticism. It is not something I would have on my phone but I respect your opinion and apologise if I caused offence.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

skeels (08-01-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekid05's Avatar
    Thanks

This is exciting, first the legality is questioned then apple's grip on sales...these are politics I can follow

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    No one said they're equal to Cydia.

I am shocked how many people are near-violently against even the MENTION of Rock. We spend plenty of time with devs (you just may be surprised, given your statement - my IRC is open 18+ hrs/day), and even in the harshest of anti-Rock rooms there are bunches who don't mind Rock at all. Their names might also surprise you. A few very vocal devs trash Rock at every opportunity. Some even meet the Rock Your Phone folks' questions of "ok we're listening, what would make the experience better for all" with non-comments
    and cyclical arguments. We all agree Cydia is more technically solid than Rock. Rock Your Phone is continually working on their product, and they are responsive and open to suggestions, and a part of the jailbreak community.
    I like rock more so than cydia sometimes, because it's much faster, it remembers the cache from when u previously launched it, and the interface is smoother, and friendlier, but to each his own and that's what's trying to be accomplished.
    Last edited by thekid05; 08-01-2010 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I guess I only get to hear the complaints and problems.

If you are happy with Rock, I guess I should be less vocal in my criticism. It is not something I would have on my phone but I respect your opinion and apologise if I caused offence.
    No offense here - entitled to your opinion. Just sharing mine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Sweet. Drag and drop cydia in iTunes and sync!!! Yesss. Let's Rock out with our cydia out.
    Haha...nice one!