+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Taking Substandard Accessory Makers to Court

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i don't have any problems with my car charger, the 2 usb sync cables and the vga adaptor i bought off ebay -i would by official apple products like these,but
    Thanks

i don't have any problems with my car charger, the 2 usb sync cables and the vga adaptor i bought off ebay -i would by official apple products like these,but my budget doesn't let me
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Who else has had the USB cord that came with the phone come apart after a bit of use???
    I noticed it just two days ago.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    I love the amount of people on here with phones that retail (without a contract) for $500+ too cheap to spend $20-$30 on a charger. You'll probably be pissed at Apple's build quality when your **** doesn't work anymore.

I hope everyone who ******* about apple's products knows there is a 1 year warranty on it, and they will replace chargers, headphones and USB cords. I had a set of headphones replaced because they were blown and a USB cable replaced because it was starting to fray. Took me a whole 10 minutes, and I was out $0 for the replacement.

When I buy stuff, my one biggest considerations is the warranty. Every manufacture has problems, but at least look for one with a great warranty replacement program.

It's why I recommend dells, even though I had a couple problems, their warranty department always made it right.
    Yep I am one of the cheap ones. I love having sync cables every place I need on without having to carry one in my pocket. I have better things to spend my money on than 1 overpriced cable. When you have 8 devices that use the same type of cable it can get unnecessarily expensive for cables
    I agree with you on Dell. Nothing like not worrying about a single thing. Near the end of the warranty I call them and the computer is basically rebuilt and as good as new

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting... all of the third party stuff I have ever purchased has lasted longer than the cheap crap Apple puts out (referring to docking cables and headphones).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    I love the amount of people on here with phones that retail (without a contract) for $500+ too cheap to spend $20-$30 on a charger. You'll probably be pissed at Apple's build quality when your **** doesn't work anymore.

I hope everyone who ******* about apple's products knows there is a 1 year warranty on it, and they will replace chargers, headphones and USB cords. I had a set of headphones replaced because they were blown and a USB cable replaced because it was starting to fray. Took me a whole 10 minutes, and I was out $0 for the replacement.

When I buy stuff, my one biggest considerations is the warranty. Every manufacture has problems, but at least look for one with a great warranty replacement program.

It's why I recommend dells, even though I had a couple problems, their warranty department always made it right.
    Just curious, do you know where that high dollar phone was made and built!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe270 View Post
    I'm happy with my generic accessories. Apple needs to back off. This would be like Honda saying you should only buy Honda parts and accessories for your Honda car. Hey, Apple its my iPhone not your iPhone! Dont tell what I can or cant do with my iPhone.
    True that... However, put an aftermarket part on your car and if it causes a major failure say bye bye to your Honda warranty. I've know a few people to purchace aftermarket tuned computer modules and one unfortunate friend fried his motor. Yup he paid the 3K block fee not Honda.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i havent had any problems...yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    Third paragraph, iPod listed twice. Ah the redundancy of Apple's name choices.
    it wasn't listed twice, your dyslexia acted up, it was iPod iPhone and iPad
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The things is if u buy cheap crap from other companies and ther product breaks ur screwed apple replaces so apple gives the best accessories

Quote Originally Posted by badass1469 View Post
    it wasn't listed twice, your dyslexia acted up, it was iPod iPhone and iPad
    Yea it was massy edited it out
    Last edited by Shishir G; 07-31-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You have to admit calling something someone else made that's similar to yours "inferior" is just a little bit rude. There are a lot of accessories that beat apple products. You can't justify it by saying it has a 1 year warranty that doesn't make it better.

I really think they just don't like the fact that they don't have a complete monopoly of the electronics world. Soon they'll be suing because they don't like the cables that let you play music on any stereo from your iphone. They'll say it should only be compatible with apple stereo systems, all the rest are inferior. They'll make headphone jacks that have a special plug and patent the design so nobody can make headphones or cables for it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robertr1 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (07-31-2010), iAye (08-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Who else has had the USB cord that came with the phone come apart after a bit of use???
    Here, here! I had Apple's original USB charging cable start fraying on me where it connects to the iPhone. REALLY apple? How about regulating and producing SUPERIOR quality yourselves? HMMM? But, I still love my ip4

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple as Big Brother
    Once again the communistic bully strikes!
    How dare anyone else try and make something cheaper or better!

Use what you are given by THE APPLE !
    There shall be no other!

"Take this brother...may it serve you well." Quote by John Lennon off The White Album.

Thanks

FML, i shouldve read this yesterday before i bought all thosr cheap knock off accesories for my ipod touch...for 4 things, it was $10...

Thanks

cr'apple must stop being greedy and cut damn prices for accessories on 2/3, and there would be no competitors because everybody would buy it from cr'apple, this is ridiculous they charge $50 for video cable, $30 for cradle which isn't coming with cable, $25 for silicon cases (same as those that others sell for $7-8-9, and so on... W.T.F.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess Apple's 1984 commercial still fits - just that they've become the man/dictator everyone was watching on the big screen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My Official apple headphones fell apart: the grating around the speaker fell out.

However, my third party charger is kinda... well.. I'll just say BAD.

It gets very hot.

It turns itself off after 8 hours, meaning I actually have to pull it out of the wall and push it back in. Even when it's not charging there's a timer ticking away waiting for it to turn itself off in 8 hours. This means If I leave my iPod plugged in over night, I wake up with it at about 90% not 100%, which gets very annoying.

The worst part is, it kills my audio. Whenever my iPod is charging with my charger, the audio turns itself off. The volume buttons stop working and if I'm listening to music, the bar that shows the volume disappears. Often when I pull the charger out of my iPod the audio stays dead. This requires me to Reboot my device. Not even a Respring will get my my audio back. I actually have to Reboot my device.

I can't believe someone made this charger! I couldn't think of something worse if I tried!
    Don't rewrite your permission groups, that involves reinventing the wheel!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    Also it would be nice if the quality 3rd party manufacturers could update their products. I've never been able to charge an iPhone while driving using the Pioneer CD-IB100II adapter for audio in my ride because Apple changed the voltage requirements between the iPod to the iPhone and that adapter doesn't provide the charge the iPhone needs. Granted the adapter was made for iPods, but I don't like RF adapters.. they suck. It's direct-connect audio for me or nothing. At least the battery on my iPhone4 lasts significantly longer than my old 3G, so I can enjoy music power-untethered for most long trips before the iPhone needs juiced up again.
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...LAID=512942734

This will solve your delima. I used to have a ipod touch 2nd gen never needed anything just plug it into my stereo and played & charged no problem then i bought a 3GS and even though it played it would not charge. Bought this beauty and it fixed the charging problem. Truly appriciate Scosche for this product.

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    Not true i know the charges att sells have a chip inside of them that turns the charger off when the phone hit 99% charged. I believe thats the same with the belkens ones as well. Other chargers just keep charging which hurts the battery and can really do harm to the phone its self when it over heats.
    So what chip is in my desktop or laptop to turn off charging when i plug the ipod cable in to charge my ipod/iphone? 99% of my charging is done via my desktop/laptop.
    Last edited by the_q; 08-02-2010 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

To be honest for me, the cheaper they are, the longer they generally last....I still use most accessories from my iPod (I simply got one of the adapters to put on the end of the cable and this allows them to charge my phone too)

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Thankfest 2010!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I recently purchase 4 iPad charger (knock offs) and they were all junk.
    The plug prongs are not sized properly and fall out after a few minutes. The workmanships is horrendous.
    The USB cables require some force to get them in enough to get them to make a connection.
    I hate to pay apple prices but my house is not worth losing using the poor quality chargers

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345