+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Taking Substandard Accessory Makers to Court

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I've had great luck with all the Belkin and Griffin accessories I've purchased for my iPhones and iPod Touches n
    iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had great luck with all the Belkin and Griffin accessories I've purchased for my iPhones and iPod Touches n

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyngabread Man View Post
    Lol how many of these sources are in china
    All of them except the few from Taiwan or Mexico....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SMokemyPole88 View Post
    those cheap knockoffs do ruin your battery.
    "Can" ruin your battery. Don't make blanket statements that have no merit or proof behind them. I have a third party charger for my old 3G that my daughter uses and it still works just fine after over two years. And yes it's a cheap one off eBay.

Thanks

This is not a good thing, Apples products are made in the same country that most of these items come from.

For example Apple earphones are **** they fall apart.

The charger works great thought, but if they win then that means no 3rd part none, no Griffin chargers earphones so on.

The problem with Apples preperals are there damn expensive 20 for the charger and that all no cable, 20 for there crap earphones.

They need to lower the price and people will stop buying the cheaper products, that's all no need to sue everyone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rocky5 For This Useful Post:

BboyAirrick (07-31-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    This is not a good thing, Apples products are made in the same country that most of these items come from.

For example Apple earphones are **** they fall apart.

The charger works great thought, but if they win then that means no 3rd part none, no Griffin chargers earphones so on.

The problem with Apples preperals are there damn expensive 20 for the charger and that all no cable, 20 for there crap earphones.

They need to lower the price and people will stop buying the cheaper products, that's all no need to sue everyone.
    Apple ridiculously overcharging for their products??? NEVER!!!
    in case any of you haven't noticed EVERYTHING THEY SELL IS OVERPRICED. I'm not saying that they don't have some good products but you definitely pay a crazy premium for that little fruit with the bite taken out of it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skj8100 For This Useful Post:

BboyAirrick (07-31-2010), tecpunk64 (07-31-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Perhaps they should worry about fixing their pos USB cables. I love the bare wire look after light use.

Thanks

Bought a 99p iPhone car charger off eBay last year, it's still going strong...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsxrule View Post
    Same here, my Griffin charger was less expensive, has 2 charging ports, and is still going after a year. The only bad thing is that it doesn't come with any cables to charge your iPod. (Which is probably why it was so cheap)
    Mine did... it came with a black cable.

h2a
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post

In a nutshell, Apple is not only strengthening its choke hold on businesses that take away dollars from the tech giant, but also making an issue out of the reality that many accessory makers aren't adequately modifying or updating their products to reflect the changing models and tweaked specifications of new generation products - a reality that, according to Apple, may render some iDevice attributes or features unusable.

Bloomberg
    oh good. i'm glad you found a way to still trash apple a little bit with this article. i was almost disappointed there for a minute.

EDIT: i just got a warning for this message. apparently we aren't allowed to be critical of the writing on this site.
    Last edited by h2a; 07-31-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

all my apple **** messed up and my 3rd party stuff all works lol

Thanks

Apple product not any durable than the knock off cheap stuff, my dog easily ate through an apple charger

Thanks

maybe apple should lower there prices on the accessories then we wouldnt have to buy cheap **** because ya cant afford to spend 30+ on a charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought a pack of like, 20 chargers on eBay, and thought they lasted me like 6 months, how can you go wrong when they cost a fraction of Apple's prices?

I meant though
    Last edited by Bassface; 07-31-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bassface View Post
    I bought a pack of like, 20 chargers on eBay, and thought they lasted me like 6 months, how can you go wrong when they cost a fraction of Apple's prices?

I meant though
    You going wrong because they are probably harming your phone if you go through 20 of them in six months how can that be good for your phone or you pocket book?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never had any problem buying cheap cables and chargers. I won't buy apples accessories when they are 10 times or more higher in price. The only thing Apple cares about it making more money.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrandMstrBud For This Useful Post:

bigorangekitty (07-31-2010), iAye (08-01-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

This is only an excuse that Apple will use for this lawsuit. It is 100% driven by wanting to corner the market on accessories.

There are literally thousands of manufacturers that produce thousands of various accessories. Is Apple seriously expecting us to get behind this and assume that all third party accessories are junk? Get real.

I have no problem with the .99 cent car charger I bought on eBay that has worked for my iPhone 2G, 3GS, and now iPhone4. A $30 car charger from Apple isn't even inter-compatible with different iPhones (at least my friends wasn't).

I also have no problem with the $5 RCA plugs to 3.5mm jack I bought on eBay. A comparable kit on Apple.com is $50.

Anybody who buys this official Apple stuff is a sucker.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to skizo For This Useful Post:

iAye (08-01-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

I also have had apple headphones, chargers etc... fall apart the thing is they are covered by a warranty and I return them no problems and the second one has been just fine now as far as the 3rd party chargers I have found most as is and once they break thats it. Apples lawsuit probably wont even put a dent in the 3rd party accessories due to there being so many out there.
    I will add I do have a car/wall charger all in one that has lasted a long time, I guess it tis hit or miss on this one, as I cant see the 3rd party accessories ever going away so maybe this will play out in our favor and they will be better made/Better warranties.

More add on, Those that hate on Apple for the lousy excuse of they are just in it for the money and they over charge and etc well first we give them the money and we gave them the demand they wanted so they are capable of doing this and getting away with it, second Apple wouldn't have a lot of its products today if it wasn't for the cost of some of its products. Technology comes with a price and when you are the company pushing the limits and raising the standard you need lots of money to keep doing so. Apple is not a bad investment.
    Last edited by macsoldier; 07-31-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: add on

Thanks
    i bought an apple ipod charger for my ipod touch first generation 4 years ago(06/2006) and ist still works, i used it for my first gen ipod touch en now for my 3rd gen ipod touch so I think it was worth the money

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Who else has had the USB cord that came with the phone come apart after a bit of use???
    OMG that happened to me. I bought a cord from DLC and its lasted than the Crapple cord.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Joseph_Prophet's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not like apple's accessories are any better. One week and they're already starting to fall apart.
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend