Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Taking Substandard Accessory Makers to Court

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    And on top of that I bought a Belkin 2 port ipod car charger almost a year ago and it is still working perfectly...
    I'm fairly sure those are licensed. Actually I find a lot of Apple's licensed third party accessories are much better than Apple's own accessories.

I've bought a few cheap iPhone chargers off ebay in the past; one never work at all from the minute it arrived, and the others lasted less than a month. I gave up buying those pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d View Post
    So then, what about the 3rd party stuff they sell in their own stores? I bought my Griffin car/home charger from Best Buy for cheaper than they sell it in the Apple Store.
    Also not an issue, since it's licensed. They're not cracking down on third-party accessories, they're cracking down on unlicensed third party accessories that claim they're approved.
    Last edited by cypherpunk; 07-31-2010 at 10:43 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

They are probality comming from the same place only difference is Apple is not getting its 2000% profit!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have 3 USB cords from apple and they are all torn at the edge of the usb part. Why cant they just make with good quality plastic and add a rubber seal to the end?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExileTEAM For This Useful Post:

Adilcoolrocks (07-31-2010), bigorangekitty (07-31-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    They are probality comming from the same place only difference is Apple is not getting its 2000% profit!
    Not true i know the charges att sells have a chip inside of them that turns the charger off when the phone hit 99% charged. I believe thats the same with the belkens ones as well. Other chargers just keep charging which hurts the battery and can really do harm to the phone its self when it over heats.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (07-31-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

h2a Posts: 29
    Oh look. Messany subtly bashing Apple for doing something that makes complete sense, as usual. God i wish you'd leave MMi.
    Thanks Quote Reply

^ completely out of line my friend.

Being critical reader myself I do not see this in his news post. Not saying it hasn't happened in the past but this I totally disagree with you. Also the rude comments are getting a little out of hand.

Cool move on Apple's part. Hopefully this will stop people from taking the cheap route. You're better off spending the extra on a quality product and taking care of it. It will last much longer

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (07-31-2010), Shishir G (07-31-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Who else has had the USB cord that came with the phone come apart after a bit of use???
    F*ck yeah!

Wife got a free car charger n it worked for bout 3 months and took a big fat shite on me. I've hard of aftermarket chargers damaging the MacBooks.

Thanks

I have purchased a couple of cheap knockoffs and won't do it again. I bought an all in one charger/video connector for 5 bucks instead of forking 49.95 for apples. Let's just say the damn thing lasted about a week before it fried it self and took my 3G battery with it. Griffin chargers seem to work well though. Anyone have any issues with them?

Apple is losing it... there's no way this will go anywhere but fail. They can't monopolize the entire industry surrounding their product. If a 3rd party accessory doesn't work right, or worse, causes damage, then it's not for Apple to chase, it's for the government to issue safety warnings or recalls.
    Really?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to eg6motion For This Useful Post:

szr (08-02-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    Not true i know the charges att sells have a chip inside of them that turns the charger off when the phone hit 99% charged. I believe thats the same with the belkens ones as well. Other chargers just keep charging which hurts the battery and can really do harm to the phone its self when it over heats.
    That explains alot. I think I've read something about that before. Thanks for the tip.

Lol how many of these sources are in china

No problem like lastsonofkrypton said spend the money and do it right you won't have any problems

Thanks

No to go too far off subject but has anyone had or use the Powerplate? The rumor is they are developing a ultraslim case one for the i4.

The only third party item I buy are screen protectors and cases, charger's and wires I'm weary of because I've heard many stories of them starting fire, or frying the battery. But there are also third party cases that look exactly like Apples or some other licensed sellers, they should sue over that, but these are third world companies, so they probably wont listen.

I had a friend use one and hsailed he likes it I don't know how I feel about them

Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d View Post
    So then, what about the 3rd party stuff they sell in their own stores? I bought my Griffin car/home charger from Best Buy for cheaper than they sell it in the Apple Store.
    Same here, my Griffin charger was less expensive, has 2 charging ports, and is still going after a year. The only bad thing is that it doesn't come with any cables to charge your iPod. (Which is probably why it was so cheap)

Thanks

I think it is a smart move. That will teach those cheap shots a lesson.

I use Griffin charger for my iPod touch and I never had a problem with it.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

those cheap knockoffs do ruin your battery.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyngabread Man View Post
    Lol how many of these sources are in china
    Lol yeah once it melts it turns into aqua dots and dubs as the date rape drug. Or perhaps a little lead to hide the kryptonite they used. Lol

I got the iPhone Bluetooth and only work for a Month I took back to the store and acourse no good ,,, I bought a jabra and is working perfect ,,apple is getting no that good on they products

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast