+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Android Security Issue Naively Puts Apple in Positive Light

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Why is everyone bashing android? It's like being a overprotective parent....you can keep your kid away from certain things but something bad will happen eventually no matter how careful you
...
  1. #21
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Why is everyone bashing android? It's like being a overprotective parent....you can keep your kid away from certain things but something bad will happen eventually no matter how careful you are.

    ALSO, the last time I checked a developer snuck a tethering feature into an app on the app store.....what makes you think that the same isn't going to happen on ios with something malicious or info stealing???

  2. #22
    #Pie Lover LastSonOfKrypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Johnstown, NY
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanks
    287
    Thanked 232 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker805 View Post
    whats the name of the app i have a droid n i would like to know to take it off
    Read the article before you post a dumb question

  3. #23
    Green Apple tecpunk64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    northeast ohio
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    man that sucks for android users and @ 01grander- from all the post i read so far,no one was bashing android...
    Last edited by tecpunk64; 07-29-2010 at 12:16 PM.
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?

  4. #24
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

    Big brother lives in shenzen, china. That's where my i4 was shipped from. Hate it for the droids. Text messages and voice mail password = bend over!

  5. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    686
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts

    wow thats a major security leak i would be pissed

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 27 Times in 12 Posts

    I'm not good with code at all, but I know I would pay for little snitch to be ported to the iPhone!

  7. #27
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 01grander View Post
    Why is everyone bashing android? It's like being a overprotective parent....you can keep your kid away from certain things but something bad will happen eventually no matter how careful you are.

    ALSO, the last time I checked a developer snuck a tethering feature into an app on the app store.....what makes you think that the same isn't going to happen on ios with something malicious or info stealing???

    Your comprehension level must be a little on the sensitive side... I have not seen any bashing going on. Especially to use the words like "everyone"... But in the event there is some "bashing" here is a little attempt to answer your Q...

    Because genius, this site is basically APPLE everything...most people on here are here because they own some sort of Apple produced device... Not like engadget or other tech reporting/news sites that report news on all devices. For the droid lovers may I suggest (Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones: Motorola Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Incredible and Droid Eris)

    Aside from the obvious of this site being umm APPLE news. The Droid is a ok device but...Just ok at best... and Apple did take a beating from them over the past month soooo.... its Apple fan boys turn to poke fun...

    Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    i'm not good with code at all, but i know i would pay for little snitch to be ported to the iphone!
    lol
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 07-29-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #28
    Green Apple fishbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default little snitch for all
    Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    I'm not good with code at all, but I know I would pay for little snitch to be ported to the iPhone!

    yeah, little snitch on iPhone would be awesome!

    Unfortunately, I'd e-mailed it's developers a long time ago(before 3GS) about a possible port, and they said it wouldn't represent any technical challenge, but so far there was no sign that it would happen, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

    Too bad...

  9. #29
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    I didn't say everyone on the forum but there are tons of iphone users that do bash android. In this thread specifically there was iLoveWindows&iPhone and stlcaddie that made a comment about Android.

    And please attempt to not be a smart....well you know(in response to kuhndsn).
    Last edited by 01grander; 07-29-2010 at 01:15 PM.

  10. #30
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    696
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 01grander View Post
    Why is everyone bashing android? It's like being a overprotective parent....you can keep your kid away from certain things but something bad will happen eventually no matter how careful you are.

    ALSO, the last time I checked a developer snuck a tethering feature into an app on the app store.....what makes you think that the same isn't going to happen on ios with something malicious or info stealing???
    What makes you think that is hasn't already happened?

    Backdoor in top iPhone games stole user data, suit claims ? The Register

    MY what a short memory some of you have! This should be in the OP FFS.
    Last edited by CZroe; 07-31-2010 at 04:16 PM.

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    OSHIT
    I WAS WONDERING WHY ON MY DROID IT SAID "THIS APP HAS BEEN DELETED BY DEVELOPERS" AND IT DELETED MY APP OH MY GOD
    so all my porn info is gone to some guy in china? no biggie.

  12. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts

    Lol nice.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

  13. #33
    Theme Creator Jahooba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,895
    Thanks
    1,419
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

    A smaller percentage of Apple apps are collecting user data, but a smaller percentage of Apple's MASSIVE app catalog still equals a LOT more apps.

    The fact is that there will always be people that will attempt to exploit any app store, as long as there's money involved. Just make sure that the stuff you keep in your phone is not important. Never, EVER use on of those e-wallet apps that stores your credit card numbers or passwords.

    There's also a firewall app you can get in Cydia that will block apps from uploading information back to their servers.

  14. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Android SUCKS! Get an iPhone!
    Android users need to just get an iPhone like the rest of the world and quit wasting time with a cheap knock off! Come on Android users! It's in the name! "Jack"eey wallpapers? The iPhone is a lot better then any Android phone out there because Apple rejects apps like this for the safety of their users. I seriously doubt that something like this would ever happen to thousands of iPhone users. That security breach on the iPad 3G doesn't count because it was AT&T's fault due to a network error which Apple had nothing to do with. Android needs to hurry up and die out already.
     Think Different.

  15. #35
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    268
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 43 Times in 33 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    Android users need to just get an iPhone like the rest of the world and quit wasting time with a cheap knock off! Come on Android users! It's in the name! "Jack"eey wallpapers? The iPhone is a lot better then any Android phone out there because Apple rejects apps like this for the safety of their users. I seriously doubt that something like this would ever happen to thousands of iPhone users. That security breach on the iPad 3G doesn't count because it was AT&T's fault due to a network error which Apple had nothing to do with. Android needs to hurry up and die out already.
    My, my, my you need to open yours eyes I for one are leaving the iPhone behind because am fed up with Apples I control what you do and what you use atitude.

    There is so much that Apple can learn from other platform, for one widgets for toggling data, wifi and other features would be amazing but Apple nup we want to to take the long way round.

    No matter what I say or any other person you will always get the tits that think the sun shines put of Apples *** and there devices are all singing all dancing master pieces.

    I have been playing with the HTC Desire and all I can say is I'm buying one, now I have been part of this Apple madness for over 3 years since the first ipot but no more I have seen the light and am bloody running at it.
    Last edited by rocky5; 07-29-2010 at 02:58 PM.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Right behind you!!
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.D View Post
    And if you think the iPhone is any different your ship will be here in a few minutes to take you for a ride......
    The iPhone is very different to android. Unless you have proof to the contrary? Considering android appstore doesn't vet the apps submitted or even have a code signing opens the device to anything, just like this story states. You may not like apples anal hold on their stuff but it has it's pluses under these situations. In all the time I've had my iphone, I've not read one case of malicious hacking of a stock standard iphone, only those of people who've hacked it and had open ssh installed and stupidly left their root password unchanged. 3 years on and the iphone is still the safest. That's why US government departments went across.

  17. #37
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 01grander View Post
    I didn't say everyone on the forum but there are tons of iphone users that do bash android. In this thread specifically there was iLoveWindows&iPhone and stlcaddie that made a comment about Android.

    And please attempt to not be a smart....well you know(in response to kuhndsn).
    Bash bash bash!! I'm just jokin man. A three word response isn't really bashing in my opinion. Go android!! Live long and prosper!! Better??...

  18. #38
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts

    Um...iPhone has been comprised in a similiar manner. Though I have not heard of case where the intent was malicious, just possible or poor programming.

    The two cases that I know about revolve around Aurora Feint and PhoneSpy. Of course there was the tethering app which did things it was not "suppose" to, but different because it didn't steal information.

  19. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    Android users need to just get an iPhone like the rest of the world and quit wasting time with a cheap knock off! Come on Android users! It's in the name! "Jack"eey wallpapers? The iPhone is a lot better then any Android phone out there because Apple rejects apps like this for the safety of their users. I seriously doubt that something like this would ever happen to thousands of iPhone users. That security breach on the iPad 3G doesn't count because it was AT&T's fault due to a network error which Apple had nothing to do with. Android needs to hurry up and die out already.
    I can say that right back at you. The security breach is Apple's fault. It's their device, they need to manage it along with ATT helping them. Android won't be dying anytime soon. Infact more users are switching from iPhone to Android just because Android doesn't reject EVERY ******* THING THAT COMES TO THEM. Such as Flash, Android supports it, why doesn't Apple? Apple wants to create their own damn world where they own everything. Android i think is a open source. Just because there was 1 flaw that Android let out doesn't mean its the worst phone ever. I can easily name some major problems iPhone's had. Androids haven't been out for a lot, but their still rising up and i suspect they may be higher than Apple one day since Apple refuses everything.

    Why do you think JB is legal now? Apple is being too over protective.

  20. #40
    iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    My, my, my you need to open yours eyes I for one are leaving the iPhone behind because am fed up with Apples I control what you do and what you use atitude.

    There is so much that Apple can learn from other platform, for one widgets for toggling data, wifi and other features would be amazing but Apple nup we want to to take the long way round.

    No matter what I say or any other person you will always get the tits that think the sun shines put of Apples *** and there devices are all singing all dancing master pieces.

    I have been playing with the HTC Desire and all I can say is I'm buying one, now I have been part of this Apple madness for over 3 years since the first ipot but no more I have seen the light and am bloody running at it.
    ok first of all I completely lost you at the end of that stupid comment. U gotta work on your English bro. and second of all, if your that tired of the tight control on the iPhone, jailbreak it! It's legal now go ahead! All that crap u were attempting to name like toggles and stuff is all in Cydia, and Rock! They even got tons of dictionarys for your English there too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shishir G View Post
    I can say that right back at you. The security breach is Apple's fault. It's their device, they need to manage it along with ATT helping them. Android won't be dying anytime soon. Infact more users are switching from iPhone to Android just because Android doesn't reject EVERY ******* THING THAT COMES TO THEM. Such as Flash, Android supports it, why doesn't Apple? Apple wants to create their own damn world where they own everything. Android i think is a open source. Just because there was 1 flaw that Android let out doesn't mean its the worst phone ever. I can easily name some major problems iPhone's had. Androids haven't been out for a lot, but their still rising up and i suspect they may be higher than Apple one day since Apple refuses everything.

    Why do you think JB is legal now? Apple is being too over protective.
    Do you blame them for being over protective? Look what happend to ur precious droid! U think apple wants crap apps that are stealing personal info from people who like their iPhones? NO! That is why certain apps are rejected! Things happen for a reason man not because Apple doesn't like the app! When an app is submitted to the app store, it may take a week or so for the app to be approved or rejected because they have people who are testing these apps and running checks to see if the app will harm iPhone users in anyway. If it does, the app is rejected. And again it is not Apples fault with the iPad 3G. It is AT&T's fault because they screwed up on their 3G network for iPad users and some hacker started screwing around with the exposed data which led AT&T to find this mistake. As much as I love the iPhone I hate AT&T which is why I am jailbroken and unlocked!
    Last edited by JonnyBoy123; 07-29-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
     Think Different.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts