Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Looking into Sluggish iPhone 3G After iOS4 Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by NDawg0904 View Post
    Every since i upgraded to the OS4 my phone goes very very very very slow.... I am waiting for apple to ship my iPhone 4 b/c i could not take how slow my phone is now. I tried downgrading my phone to 3.1.2 firmware and it did not work it kept giving me error (1015). Hope apple can release a downgrade for all the users that have the 3g iPhone. That would be great
    hi the 1015 error is normal when using itunes 9 just google recboot close itunes and run recboot and your phone will be working fine worked for me then i used spirit to jb
    Last edited by ellisdee; 07-31-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmel42 View Post
    I had that problem with mine and even with my iPhone4. A restore and starting from scratch fixed it. It sucked having to reenter all my numbers and other things, but it did work. Might be a setting that carries over that the new OS doesn't like.
    I have read in some places that if you upload all your contacts to your Google Mail account or some other service. I use GMail so thats all i know, but if you do this and full restore from scratch with no backup and then sync the contacts with ur email, it removes all the unwanted backed up **** that u get from restoring from an old save.

I have a 3G and let me tell you even before I JB-ed it, it was slow, my SMS, MMS, email, Settings iPod all is slow from 3.1.2 to 4.0 it slowed everything by 50% more. If it took 5 secs to open SMS now it takes 10.

My 3GS originally 3.1.3 updated to 4.0.1 newboot rom MC model is alot slower with this update I wish apple just put out the 4.0 for the iPhone4 and not let any phone with 3. Update to a 4. So fed up with their kidish mess ups. I hate my IPhone 3GS now it sucks. I regret switching from tmobile just for all this mind bending miss leading ***** *** updates do some real work APPLE.......

I know I have already posted in here, but my god is my 3G slow as hell no. I was out last night and needed to use google maps to get somewhere really fast, and it literally crashed 4 times for no reason. Respringed, Rebooted, ect...still, acting a damn fool. Can't take it anymore apple!

I have a 3g with 4.0 and I'm embarrassed with the speed. I hate trying to show anybody anything on my phone.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powellc For This Useful Post:

Assassination (08-04-2010), ricKKyblacKK (08-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by powellc View Post
    I have a 3g with 4.0 and I'm embarrassed with the speed. I hate trying to show anybody anything on my phone.
    I know, I used to not bother giving my phone to my friends, now i dont, cause they spend too much time waiting and then hate me lol.

lets face it are apple really gona do anything for us 3g users ehhh no my only suggestion to them is they let us take our iphone back toa store and let them reload 3.1.3 back on for us at least it will be quicker than this sh*te we are using

As I've said many times, my 3G on iOS4.01 nicely themed, works fine.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    HI, what sw used to JB + UL

RedSn0w 0.95b5 and UltraSn0w 0.93
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

The upgrade does suck big time... I plan to shift to BB as I use the iphone as a business phone for office purpose.

It doesn't suck if you do it properly.
    But as you can't a BB is probably a better option for you.

wow it really sucks to read about this. I've been patiently waitin around to jb to 4.0 and to hear this really bothers me. Takes me like 8seconds + already to get into text messages sometimes. what a bunch of crap! stayin w/ jb 3.1.1

I love the way people would rather use old FW than do it properly.
    Your choice. I assume that as you've been waiting for a JB you have a 3GS as the 3G has been JB since 4 came out. 4 runs dine on my 3G so should fly on a 3GS.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I like my iphone 3g.. It's not that slow for me I haven't noticed a difference but maybe This software update will make it faster

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Do this!!! It totally speeds up the 3g!!!
    I Have an 8GB 3G unlocked and Jailbroken iPhone on TMOBILE. I refuse to upgrade to 4.0 Why? Because my 3G is already performing sluggish on FW 3.1.3 and so since im hooked on SPEED.. (NO PUN), I performed the following and managed to not only make the phone jump in speed but I also noticed it made the battery last like 40% LONGER!!

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!

*I am not responsible for your actions when it comes to your device, do this at your own risk.*
    THIS IS WHAT THIS TWEAK DISABLES!!!:

(from apple website)

Power Stepping
    To conserve power when operating on battery power, the iBook computer supports two methods of power stepping to slow down the processor clock. One method is an inherent feature of the PowerPC G3 chip, called Dynamic Power Stepping (DPS) and cannot be adjusted by the user. DPS is controlled automatically by the system, stepping up the processor speed for performance-intensive applications and stepping down the processor speed for energy-efficient applications.

Under Mac OS X, users can manually step down the processor by adjusting the Energy Saving Settings, which are located under the Energy Saver panel of System Preferences. Users can select from preconfigured profiles including Automatic, Highest Performance, Longest Battery Life, DVD Playback, and Presentations, or customize their own energy settings. Highest Performance and Longest Battery Life profiles override the DPS feature. Highest Performance maintains the highest processor speed while Longest Battery Life caps the processor speed at 400MHz.

Source: http://developer.app...000330-BCIHHIDF

If you have renamed the "com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist" file to "com.apple.SystemPowerProfilesDefaultsbak.plist" in my last speed mod. I want you to rename it back then reboot so the device rocognizes it again

What I think this mod will do is give you speed w/o the battery loss(because instead of disabling the whole plist, we are going to manually disable the "Reduce Processor Speed" and "Dynamin Power Step" keys whilst saving all battery settings)

Step 1. Navigate to System/Library/System Configuration/PowerManagement.bundle/

Step 2. You will see a file named "com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefault.plist" open it regularly using ifile.

Step 3. Scroll down till you see:

Reduce Processor Speed

and

Dynamic Power Step

You will not be altering some integers because they are already set to "0". But these key is repeated many times in this plist. Some have an integer of "0" but some also have an integer of "1". If you see a key with an integer of "1", change it to "0". Make sure all Reduce Processor Speed and Dynamic Power Step keys have an integer of zero.(Double check because they are easy to miss)

Step 4. Reboot

Isn't that instructions on how to conserve battery life on an iBook?

Nothing to do with increasing speed on an iPhone 3G?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

DUDE SEE FOR URSELF,IT TOTALLY WORKED FOR ME, THATS ALL IM SAYING AND APPLE USES THE SAME FILE FOR THE IPHONE.. ITS BEEN TRIED BY MANY OTHER 3G USERS AND THEIR RESULTS WHERE ALL THE SAME:
    1. faster 3G PHONE PROCESSOR
    2. BETTER LIFETIME FOR BATTERY
    3. MEMORY IS MORE AVAIL

you dont have to do anything.. I am just trying to help as I was helped here See for yourself everyones results!! **LINK REMOVED**
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 09-02-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Ah! you visit that place do you?
    That explains the need to use colours or caps.
    And puts you on my ignore list.

Thanks

updating to 4.1 will be no fun without the unlock

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast