+ Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Looking into Sluggish iPhone 3G After iOS4 Upgrade

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Same here sold my wife 3G and my 3GS and got 2 iPhone 4 and still make 100 $$ profit
    Thanks

Same here sold my wife 3G and my 3GS and got 2 iPhone 4 and still make 100 $$ profit

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Messany master of late news. Ur late about 4 hours but good news anyway

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

3.1.3 at times seem to slow down the 3g, Why even bother upgrading to iOs 4.0 for folders?.

I think 3.1.2 firmware is the best for 3g

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluemoldycheeze88 For This Useful Post:

*69* (07-29-2010)

Thanks

I noticed a big difference in speed by turning off the Spotlight Search on my 3G. I never used it anyway.. Seemed to make it run faster overall.. Especially openeing and closing apps..

settings > general > home button > spotlight search> Uncheck All

Try that and see if that helps ya at all..

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shanks12 For This Useful Post:

chi_towner1 (07-29-2010), primalscream.40 (07-29-2010), tecpunk64 (07-29-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
    I noticed a big difference in speed by turning off the Spotlight Search on my 3G. I never used it anyway.. Seemed to make it run faster overall.. Especially openeing and closing apps..

settings > general > home button > spotlight search> Uncheck All

Try that and see if that helps ya at all..
    This!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    Haha, this is for all the people with 2G's and want 4.0 on their iPhones... (I have a 2G, so no, I'm not advocating buying a new iPhone every year as it comes out, but if it fails with the 3G, it's going to fail harder with the 2G)
    I thought the 3G had the same RAM and stuff as the 1st gen iPhone.

Also, not trying to single you out, but why does everyone call the first iPhone a 2G? What about it is 2G?

Quote Originally Posted by WNxRedruM View Post
    I've been with AT&T since 1984 and after iOS4 update my phone went from I love it, to the F*** with this crap, called AT&T about phone losing internet connection to droping calls or using "Edge" only. Before iOS4 I never had this issue with my 3gs 32 gig. I gave AT&T a call, recommend turn phone off then on, still problem, AT&T call Apple for help, back and forth we go. Well AT&T if you are reading this "SPRINT" works like a champ.
    I know a lady who had AT&T and apple tell her to call the other to get her problem fixed, so she called them both in a 3-way and talked to them at the same time. She got her problem fixed.
    Last edited by bsltiger; 07-29-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks
    I remeber my 3G being super slow. It was so frustrating at times. Luckily I sold my 3G for 300$ unlocked and bought a 3GS for 240$

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmel42 View Post
    I had that problem with mine and even with my iPhone4. A restore and starting from scratch fixed it. It sucked having to reenter all my numbers and other things, but it did work. Might be a setting that carries over that the new OS doesn't like.
    Not sure if you run windows, buy you can manage your contacts with Windows Address Book or Outlook. Then you just set your phone up as new and sync your contacts with the Info tab in iTunes. Saves a lot of typing The 3G should not have been allowed to update to 4.0. It has the same specs as the 2G. People may not want to hear that you will have to upgrade to the 3GS(or even better the 4), but software and Apps are going to force this. Apple knows what time it is. The 3GS will take the $99 spot of the 3G so it won't be too bad to upgrade your phone.

Thanks

Same thing with my 2g, when i upgraded to 3.01.
    Its pretty clear that they dont want these old phones around for long.

UiK
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

As soon as I upgraded my 3GS to iOS4, it began to constantly crash and reboot. Than it stopped turning on, even when holding the home and power button simultaneous. I'd have to leave the phone alone for about 20 minutes than try to reboot it, and if it decides to boot, it once took the phone 3 bloody hours to finish booting!

Apple replaced it for me yesterday, with iOS4 on it. Haven't had any problems with it yet, but it's still day one. Anyway iPhone4 comes out in Australia tomorrow and my network (and employer) are offering 50% off the upgrade free so I thinks I'll take up the offer.

Anyone wanna buy a 2 day old 3GS?

Thanks

I guess I'm in the minority. My 16GB 3G is running IOS4.0.1 with no noticeable difference in speed from 3.1.2

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WNxRedruM View Post
    I've been with AT&T since 1984 and after iOS4 update my phone went from I love it, to the F*** with this crap, called AT&T about phone losing internet connection to droping calls or using "Edge" only. Before iOS4 I never had this issue with my 3gs 32 gig. I gave AT&T a call, recommend turn phone off then on, still problem, AT&T call Apple for help, back and forth we go. Well AT&T if you are reading this "SPRINT" works like a champ.
    Let me get this straight, you update the OS on your phone and didn't work as well as before the update so you call the cellular provider? Everything worked fine until you installed new software from Apple so you assume AT&T must be having issues? Your deductive reasoning is incredible.

Pathetic.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shmi117's Avatar
    Thanks

How did you guys sell an iPhone 3G, buy the iPhone 4, and still have profit??? Anyways, my iPod Touch 2g is awesome on iOS4. Safari is bugging me though with it's slowness.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by britcan View Post
    Same thing with my 2g, when i upgraded to 3.01.
    Its pretty clear that they dont want these old phones around for long.
    It's not that they don't want them around. Technology has outpaced them. And consumer demand for more and more features is pushing these phones to their End Of Life phases.

Thanks

Default 2G running with some iOS4 options
    There are modified iOS versions available out there for the 2G and 3G that work great!

I am running one on a 2G based off of 3.1.3 that has many cool options including some options from iOS4:

Jailbreaking, Unlocked, Wallpapers from iOS4, Springboard Wallpaper, iOS4 Dock, Reflective Dock, iOS4 Icon, Battery Percentage, Bluetooth Tethering, Native MMS, TXT Character Counter, USB Tethering, Video Recording, Multitasking and more!

On top of it all it functions even much faster than the stock 3.1.3. Developer removed a ton of stuff (plists) not used by older 2G and 3G models to free up ram. My 2G feels and performs similar to the way it did when it was new running the 1.X iOS versions.

Banned
    Thanks

I have a 3G and its slow, my brother has a 3GS and its also slow, my other brother has a 3G and his is again slow, a friend has a 3G and his is really slow, a whole heap of his customers have 3G and 3GS and they are all slow.

All iphones are running iOS4 and iOS401.

Nice update Crapple... NOT. You are more and more like $ony with every update. Adding useless crap that bloats and slows down the system forcing us to update to the new hardware.

I think the HTC Desire is more and more appealing now. Time to change.

AKA westonben
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
    Sold my 3G 8gb for more than I paid for my iPhone 4
    Maybe the initial payment, but you'll still be paying for that phone for a while yet!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Let me get this straight, you update the OS on your phone and didn't work as well as before the update so you call the cellular provider? Everything worked fine until you installed new software from Apple so you assume AT&T must be having issues? Your deductive reasoning is incredible.

Pathetic.
    yes, the typical iDevice owner should scare you.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMokemyPole88 View Post
    3.1.3 at times seem to slow down the 3g, Why even bother upgrading to iOs 4.0 for folders?.

I think 3.1.2 firmware is the best for 3g
    So, is there anyway to downgrade to 3.1.2 firmware ?

Thanks

Yes. Download the 3.1.2 ipsw and shift/restore back down to 3.1.2. Jailbreak with Blackra1n.com.